Hacking Playing Gamecube iso's on Wii's Homebrew Channel?

kaizer3000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hi, im using softmodded Wii which is running on 3.2 U (or something..)
well i carefully softmodded it so it could run almost any wii games ...

since i dont hv a external drive, USB launcher is out of the question for me.

then i read about wii playing back up gamecube games...and theres this game i hv been wanting to play:

Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes (due to it has been remade from the ever popular psone/psx version ..with FACIAL EXPRESSION!! )

so...any launchers that i can use to play this game? (i got my hands on the .iso of the game already...)
if i burn it on a regular D5 (4.8gigs disc).. can i play it?

thanks in advance.

PS: i know there are many threads asking is it possible to play NGC games, but they are asking for their own wii's (ie: hardmodded wii/ black wii/ usb launcher wii) and i never seen someone asking exact same question as i did (or maybe i missed out some topics), so i decided to make my very own thread...pls forgiv me..ty.

kaizer3000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
erm..thanks...but can u provide step by step tutorial? Im new at this, thanks...

ps:
do i really need a gamecube controller to play or i can maybe use a nunchuck or wii classic controller to play?

transam81

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
if you installed mCIOS then yes you can play a burned copy. seeing as your wii is 3.? it sounds old enough that it would have the older dvd drive.

ya theres a tutorial some where around here if you look hard enough.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=219243&hl=

And set NeoGamma to GC mode internal. You also need a gamecube compatible cIOS, some are not. I'm using cIOS37rev19 right now, so that is definatively compatible.

kaizer3000 said:
snico1995 said:
dude cmon google.....its your friend..

i did...all i found was threads dated back from 2007- Feb 2009...unless that software was never updated since then.

WiiGator has left the scene. After that Waninkoko did update his cMIOS once or twice without a changelog. Then there were no gamecube related updates for along time until i started with NeoGamma R9 development. And that does only have video mode patches as improvement over WiiGator's loader right now.

brianjr1988

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
steelcityhacker.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Canada
WiiPower said:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=219243&hl=

And set NeoGamma to GC mode internal. You also need a gamecube compatible cIOS, some are not. I'm using cIOS37rev19 right now, so that is definatively compatible.

kaizer3000 said:
snico1995 said:
dude cmon google.....its your friend..

i did...all i found was threads dated back from 2007- Feb 2009...unless that software was never updated since then.

WiiGator has left the scene. After that Waninkoko did update his cMIOS once or twice without a changelog. Then there were no gamecube related updates for along time until i started with NeoGamma R9 development. And that does only have video mode patches as improvement over WiiGator's loader right now.

wiipower ya its nice u doing this stuff and trying help, just would be nice if a FC loader was done that support games like Xlll and all the others, its like the wii64 they did a update and got some games that most wanted but still needs work to get games like perfectdark and wwf games running nice and good speed and clear.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Which games are currently not running? I'm working at a speedup for the reloader so you can just turn it on for all games.

From the compatiblity list for XIII:
Tested with WiiGator's Backup Launcher 0.2 - Game Loads and will play if you press "start" at the Backup launcher load screen. The first mission will start but Wii restarts itself after the flashback scene.

Maybe you want to test this with enabled reloader. WiiGator's loader turns the reloader off after 1 reload, NeoGamma doesn't and this issue sounds like a 2nd .dol loading.

kaizer3000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
erm...can i save my GameCube's game data to my memory stick or into my wii's memory? I cant seem to find a new gamecube''s memory card anywhere..(apparently i managed to run GC games via neogamma but it needs a memory card...ugh..)

note:
with latest neogamma + ciso rev 19, no mios patching is necessary... ^^

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
kaizer3000 said:
erm...can i save my GameCube's game data to my memory stick or into my wii's memory? I cant seem to find a new gamecube''s memory card anywhere..(apparently i managed to run GC games via neogamma but it needs a memory card...ugh..)

note:
with latest neogamma + ciso rev 19, no mios patching is necessary... ^^

Sure...

For saving you need an acualy GC memory card, there's no replacement yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I see your mop and raise you George's mop lol