Play games installed to USB without booting into CFW?

Glomgold

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I've been reading a bit and have started installing CFW on my Wii U, my understanding is that the Wii U has it's own USB loader from Nintendo. When I have installed a game with WUP is it okey to play this game without launching Tiramisu?

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
Tiramisu (or Aroma) should automatically load whenever you turn on your Wii U. I see no reason to NOT boot into CFW, especially with how you need CFW to be able to play games you didn't buy from the eshop (or don't have on a disc)

So just don't worry about it, you literally cannot get banned from Nintendo Network for piracy. Cheating in online games/modes though might, but I'm not an expert there.

Glomgold

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Thanks for the answers, extra safety when kids are playing was my reason for asking. I have some discs so I guess I could do it then.

WUDD is the go to app for this now?

Last edited by Glomgold,

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I see no reason to NOT boot into CFW, especially with how you need CFW to be able to play games you didn't buy from the eshop (or don't have on a disc)
It takes additional 7 seconds of boot time. Also have you considered that there might be people who actually buy the games they play instead of stealing them?

WUDD is the go to app for this now
Yes. You can then use nuspli lite to install the dumped games. For that you don't even need sigpatches and your Wii U can be completely stock after installing the games. I would also advise to back them up to the PC. The Wii U discs are known to rot, so it is good to have a save backup somewere.

Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer

nothing-to-see-here

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
indeed, I own 76 games, all bought digitally. I have one disc, and that's Nintendo Land. I'm thinking of buying dkc returns and nsmb wii soon, so that I don't play any pirated games. anyway, to answer the op, retail games should work (i.e. games that had a retail release), and some dlc should work, if there's been a free dlc of some sort (transposing tickets will get you the rest for free as the only ticket checked is the first one, which is why a fake ticket causes legit installs from the eshop to fail).

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
It takes additional 7 seconds of boot time. Also have you considered that there might be people who actually buy the games they play instead of stealing them?

Yes. You can then use nuspli lite to install the dumped games. For that you don't even need sigpatches and your Wii U can be completely stock after installing the games. I would also advise to back them up to the PC. The Wii U discs are known to rot, so it is good to have a save backup somewere.
If you actually bought games, why install CFW/homebrew in the first place unless you plan on modding? Besides, an extra ~7 seconds isn't that bad. + Aroma and tiramisu both support the quick start menu on the Gamepad.

nothing-to-see-here

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you actually bought games, why install CFW/homebrew in the first place unless you plan on modding? Besides, an extra ~7 seconds isn't that bad. + Aroma and tiramisu both support the quick start menu on the Gamepad.
I guess not to have to use the laser or for convenience if all games are on an hdd. I bought my games digitally, which a lot of people don't like, due to convenience, then it was health concerns (especially with the switch, which I also bought all digital). I'm a mix between discs and digital on the ps5. same with the xbox series x, but the deals are so good with gold or game pass, I've yet to buy a retail disc for the system. at this point, I think I'll just keep it the way that it is (all digital).

edit: I forgot to mention that you don't need cfw to play those retail discs, but you do need an exploit to install them, which I guess is and is not the same thing or similar.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer