Homebrew PKSM - a complete portable Pokemon Save Manager with integrated bank

godstriker8

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a weird problem with the extra storage feature.

For one particular pokemon, it won't let me place him inside the game storage from the bank. I mash A, and it won't release the pokemon. I use the switch box button, and it switches every pokemon except this one.

Anyone ever have this problem?

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a weird problem with the extra storage feature.

For one particular pokemon, it won't let me place him inside the game storage from the bank. I mash A, and it won't release the pokemon. I use the switch box button, and it switches every pokemon except this one.

Anyone ever have this problem?

I had that with a few pokemon. A particular Smeargle, which doesn't have any hacked moves (how could it with Sketch?), Rayquaza, also Silcoon, Cascoon, Beutifly, maybe Dustox, I don't bother checking what's wrong with them, I just remember them being part of my living dex, which I didn't do any hacking for.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just a heads up for PKSM users, Pokemon Sun/Moon game update v1.2 has been released. If you depend on this homebrew, I'd recommend holding off on updating until we hear from @EventAssistant.

huh.. did it change or am I thinking of PMSV?
I wasn't 100% sure since its been a while since I used PKSM/PKSV, so I've just double checked.

PKSV is just for viewing boxed Pokemon, and only works with the 3DS games, so no transfer functionality for it anyway since its read only.

Tested PKSM with both Platinum and Heart Gold, as expected only event injection is available for these DS games.

I think perhaps you're thinking of PKHeX?

Last edited by Zidapi,

AyanamiRei

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Event related question: is the wondercard for the japanese Zapdos/Thunder Pokescrap event (Omega/Alpha) included in the database? If yes, which number it is it?

Also, I will (again) place my old question here: how does the injection of pk6-7 files work with PKSM ? (be it the browser interface who launches a ball when I place a file then does absolutely nothing, the JAVA program who does nothing when I click on the confirmation button etc).

EventAssistant

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Event related question: is the wondercard for the japanese Zapdos/Thunder Pokescrap event (Omega/Alpha) included in the database? If yes, which number it is it?

Also, I will (again) place my old question here: how does the injection of pk6-7 files work with PKSM ? (be it the browser interface who launches a ball when I place a file then does absolutely nothing, the JAVA program who does nothing when I click on the confirmation button etc).

eworm

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It would be really useful if we could somehow divide the Bank into several categories like with the real one. You know, a category to which I assign boxes with shiny Pokémon, a category to which I assign the boxes with my livingdex, a category to which I assign my competitive mons et cetera et cetera. Or is that already a thing and I'm just unaware?

I can, of course, make several bank.bins and rename them with FBI before I use PKSM to switch to the one I want, but... Yeah.

AyanamiRei

Trophies
XP
Country
France

Nothing like that happens. Even with a single file, the program almost instantly claims the monster was injected but nothing appears in the PC box window on the 3DS.

@RustInPeace Yes, it has been. And no, it isn't possible: IV to V games have only access to the "Event Manager" part of the program.

Last edited by AyanamiRei,

mtsonic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just want to ask something is it possible to make the PKSM work with gateway cartridge? as in opening the PKSM cia file and then put ORAS cartridge into the slot but then it'll say GAME NOT FOUND what should I do? or does this only work on homebrew / luna?

this is for my friend who still uses Gateway and doesnt want to spend time to make it LUNA system since he doesn't want to get it bricked

Sanguinis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want to ask something is it possible to make the PKSM work with gateway cartridge? as in opening the PKSM cia file and then put ORAS cartridge into the slot but then it'll say GAME NOT FOUND what should I do? or does this only work on homebrew / luna?

this is for my friend who still uses Gateway and doesnt want to spend time to make it LUNA system since he doesn't want to get it bricked

Can't say whether or not it's possible, but last I knew EventAssistant's stance was that PKSM did not and would not support flashcarts, including gateway. That comes up pretty frequently throughout the thread, as I recall, if you want to check for yourself.

Reactions: Zidapi

mtsonic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can't say whether or not it's possible, but last I knew EventAssistant's stance was that PKSM did not and would not support flashcarts, including gateway. That comes up pretty frequently throughout the thread, as I recall, if you want to check for yourself.
ah cheers mate, I just wanted to confirm that so the only choice my friend has is to do Luma...unlucky

Ryumaru

Creator of themes for 3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
@EventAssistant
The application is not running on Luma 8 with boot9strap 1.2.
The following error message appears.

20170607_134908.jpg

After the 3DS is restarted and the program stops working.
The application icon does not appear, even as the cursor is positioned on top of it.

20170607_135059.jpg

ScientistGreen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While it does work, beautifully I might add. It does beg the question of when will a new update be exspected. Alot of new releases have come out and I am just curious as we have no way of adding them manually ourselves aside from the obvious being either PKHex or asking someone else, but not everyone has access to the first or want to bother people with the second.

If there is a way to manually add events to this application and the update is still veing worked on perhaps a guide on how to do such a feat would be the best course of action?

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
May have been answered before, but is it possible through the Bank feature to transfer a mon from Gen 4 straight to Gen 7?
Bank only supports gen 6 and 7, so no.

If there is a way to manually add events to this application and the update is still veing worked on perhaps a guide on how to do such a feat would be the best course of action?
A couple of us have requested this. It's being looked at, but is yet to be implemented.
It could be implemented, just give me time to understand a correct way to handle this

ScientistGreen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A couple of us have requested this. It's being looked at, but is yet to be implemented.

Yes, that I am aware of and didn't want it to be forgotten and yet, it has been brought to my attention that someone has a conversation with @EventAssistant about this very subject and his response was along the lines of,

"I don't have any updates planned right now as I have more important things to worry about as well as If no one foreigners decides to help me fixing the multilanguage translations, I can't release things anytime soon"

Not sure of exact words but something to that effect, again all hear say but it does bring to light the thought of that if he does not plan to release an update soon due to the reason above as stated multiple time now it seem according to the poster above that a guide or at least a small update of some sort that explains how to manually add events ourselves should be implemented.

I realised he is doing this all for free and would gladly donate to support the development if I knew of how he was accepting it so I suppose it is just a wait and see thing if something changes.

EventAssistant

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I regularly push new commits to the PKSM's repository on GitHub, and the wondercard database has been updated the last time yesterday. Even though I can't release an official stable release for now, the code is open source so you can download it and compile it to get all the new contents that are still to be released officially.

Also, if you really want to donate something, there's a link in the readme on the github page, somewhere near the end.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la