Homebrew PKSM - a complete portable Pokemon Save Manager with integrated bank

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Already done that by myself, but thanks for considering the idea

No worries thanks for the app, it's awesome!

I'm getting rid of Pokémon Bank after this year. If I did a Gen6 to Gen7 transfer from Pokémon bank, will using the PKSM to transfer between Sun and Moon impact their legality? Or is that just currently for Gen6 to Gen7 transfers in PKSM?

EventAssistant

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thing is if that custom server project goes well we can make our own pokebank servers and use the official bank for free.
This is not the right place to talk about custom servers. Please don't go OT and SUPPORT THE OFFICIAL BANK. 5€/$ are not that much to invest in it, it's still a good piece of software and people worked hard on that.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

No worries thanks for the app, it's awesome!

I'm getting rid of Pokémon Bank after this year. If I did a Gen6 to Gen7 transfer from Pokémon bank, will using the PKSM to transfer between Sun and Moon impact their legality? Or is that just currently for Gen6 to Gen7 transfers in PKSM?
why should it?

FrostyDialga

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
This is not the right place to talk about custom servers. Please don't go OT and SUPPORT THE OFFICIAL BANK. 5€/$ are not that much to invest in it, it's still a good piece of software and people worked hard on that.

why should it?
I already have bank but when the servers get shut down i mean.

Reactions: N7Kopper

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

why should it?

I didn't think so, just wanted to confirm. Thanks.

Guipradi

Trophies
XP
Country
Are there any negative consequences for bringing my Hoenn bros to Alola with this?
I think the Pokebank detects that they are from Gen 2 and doesn't let you. I read around there that someone tried putting their Gold lv10 Dratini through Poketransporter and nothing came out of it

AkitoUF

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I think the Pokebank detects that they are from Gen 2 and doesn't let you. I read around there that someone tried putting their Gold lv10 Dratini through Poketransporter and nothing came out of it
I meant to say my ORAS bros to Alola.

Like, idk, there's a reason I'm not using the legit Bank so I don't know if my ORAS team should arrive to Alola with special ribbons or marks or something that identifies them as legit.

My ORAS team was born in Kalos and it'd be a huge shame not being able to use them in the latest game. I don't think paying just to MOVE your pokemon is acceptable when you already pay full price for the game.

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Like, idk, there's a reason I'm not using the legit Bank so I don't know if my ORAS team should arrive to Alola with special ribbons or marks or something that identifies them as legit.

My ORAS team was born in Kalos and it'd be a huge shame not being able to use them in the latest game. I don't think paying just to MOVE your pokemon is acceptable when you already pay full price for the game.

Once the app gets updated, it will be as if you transferred with Bank.

DChronos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a few questions...

1. Does PKSM allow you to leave items on the pokemon?

2. Do you need to get far enough to have the pokedex to be able to use it, or can you start using it as soon as you have a save and a pokemon in the PC?
(If you need the pokedex, why? I'm using AS)

3. Does it retain all the data exactly as it is from the cartridge, as in, it doesn't change any values or leave some data or anything on the pokemon?
I guess I mean, using Alpha Sapphire, would using this be exactly as if you stored the pokemon in the official bank when you get it back out, identical out data?

I'm trying to find the fastest way that I can redeem a few codes for volcanion, but I may only have a very short time on tuesday to do it, so I might have to reset the game so I can redeem the code, then transfer out, then repeat, but the official bank doesn't let you keep the assault vest. I'd prefer redeeming the codes over cloning since each time produces a pokemon with completely different data.

Last edited by DChronos,

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a few questions...

1. Does PKSM allow you to leave items on the pokemon?

2. Do you need to get far enough to have the pokedex to be able to use it, or can you start using it as soon as you have a save and a pokemon in the PC?
(If you need the pokedex, why? I'm using AS)

3. Does it retain all the data exactly as it is from the cartridge, as in, it doesn't change any values or leave some data or anything on the pokemon?
I guess I mean, using Alpha Sapphire, would using this be exactly as if you stored the pokemon in the official bank when you get it back out, identical out data?

I'm trying to find the fastest way that I can redeem a few codes for volcanion, but I may only have a very short time on tuesday to do it, so I might have to reset the game so I can redeem the code, then transfer out, then repeat, but the official bank doesn't let you keep the assault vest. I'd prefer redeeming the codes over cloning since each time produces a pokemon with completely different data.

Lol the pokedex takes like 10 mins to acquire.

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it does, that doesn't answer my questions...

Sorry I stopped reading right there.

1) I believe so.
2) No pokedex needed.
3) It retains all data, however items getting transferred around may make things illegal. Bank removes items, so just be careful when transferring with these.

Last edited by el_gonz87,
Reactions: Zidapi and DChronos

DChronos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for helping, I was trying to avoid the 5 extra minutes it takes to run and fight May, then run back down and listen to the speech. If I can just start a game, get the mystery gift, then get to the pokemon center to get it from the delivery person, that'd be best.

Also wondering, all I plan to do is to transfer the volcanion with the assault vest out, reset my save data, then get the next code redeemed, and do that until I get them before transferring the volcanion back from this into my AS game. I just wanted to be sure that afterwards, there would be nothing messed up in the volcanion data.

Alternatively, if there's a way to just duplicate the assault vests I'd lose, I'd just use the normal pokemon bank and drop the items, then after I transfer them back, duplicate the last volcanion's assault vest. I don't know how to do that, though. I do have A9LH and Luma installed, though.

Reactions: el_gonz87

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for helping, I was trying to avoid the 5 extra minutes it takes to run and fight May, then run back down and listen to the speech. If I can just start a game, get the mystery gift, then get to the pokemon center to get it from the delivery person, that'd be best.

Also wondering, all I plan to do is to transfer the volcanion with the assault vest out, reset my save data, then get the next code redeemed, and do that until I get them before transferring the volcanion back from this into my AS game. I just wanted to be sure that afterwards, there would be nothing messed up in the volcanion data.

Alternatively, if there's a way to just duplicate the assault vests I'd lose, I'd just use the normal pokemon bank and drop the items, then after I transfer them back, duplicate the last volcanion's assault vest. I don't know how to do that, though. I do have A9LH and Luma installed, though.

You can add items to the Pokémon through the PKSM app. As you redeem and when you transfer you can edit the mons to have attack vest.

As long as you get to poke center you can redeem gift right off bat I believe, but wouldn't you need a dex before going to a poke center? I thought most games made you receive this prior to moving around.

Reactions: Zidapi and DChronos

DChronos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In ORAS, you run into the pokemon center right when the shop lady shows you around the first town. You can get the gift right then and there before even fighting May.

Is there an app that can edit the number of attack vests I have in an inventory slot if I put the last one in my bag? Hmm... I suppose I could also just create some pokemon, load it in PKSM, clone it as many times as I need attack vests and transfer those back into AS just to get the attack vests, right? That is, if there isn't an easier program that will just give me however many vests I lost.

Edit: So, it'll be safe using PKSM to take the volcanion off my game temporarily? I may or may not keep the items on them, since it doesn't matter if I can use this program to generate new vests that I'd lose and put them back on the volcanion. I'm liking the idea of saving the extra time fighting may and getting the dex.

Last edited by DChronos,
Reactions: el_gonz87

Guipradi

Trophies
XP
Country

Yes I misread, There should be no problem, the battle server should be updated to use these Pokemon online, if you hacked them in some way just make them legal using PKHex (There's a legality check in a corner) And if that doesn't work make them plausible, and if not then let's wait for Nintendo to fix Pokebank because tehre's a lot of things that are legit and are not going through

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, MP3s were designed to be as small as possible, so that they can be shared on...