ROM Hack pk3ds randomzing trainers for rutile ruby.

Nickm23

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello,

I am trying to randomize all trainers for rutile ruby, but at some point i get the following error:

unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click continu the application will ignore this error and attemp to continu. if you click quit the application will close inmediatly.

When i click continue it stops randomizing.

Is there any fix?

I have tried redumping my OR and extracting it again, this didnt work either.

jastolze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm playing Rutile Ruby and randomized the wild Pokemon. All I did was edit a clean OR rom and move GARC file over from the unmodified rom to the romfs folder then compiled it. I left everything else as is. Maybe you could try that with the trainers part?

Nickm23

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm playing Rutile Ruby and randomized the wild Pokemon. All I did was edit a clean OR rom and move GARC file over from the unmodified rom to the romfs folder then compiled it. I left everything else as is. Maybe you could try that with the trainers part?

Do you happen to know which files i have to move then by any chance?

I am really a noob with this, i am just lucky people make easy to use programs :P

I really appreciate your answer! :)

jastolze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure it's a/0/3/6 for trainers pokemon.

So to make this work:
1. Decrypt the game, and garc files of a CLEAN OR rom. (Look for the tutorial on how to do so on this forum)
2. Open PK3DS. After it loads, go to Trainer Editor.
3. Edit to your liking and hit save, or randomize it and save. (I would dump the txt file in case you want a list of all trainers randomized)
4. Now, copy the Rutile Ruby Garc files in the zip file you downloaded over to the appropriate places. DON'T copy the A/0/3/6 one over though, this file is your trainers randomized so hold on to that one.
5. Open 3DS builder and compile the rom.

If I missed something or made a mistake feel free to let him know guys. :)

Nickm23

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

So to make this work:
1. Decrypt the game, and garc files of a CLEAN OR rom. (Look for the tutorial on how to do so on this forum)
3. Edit to your liking and hit save, or randomize it and save. (I would dump the txt file in case you want a list of all trainers randomized)
4. Now, copy the Rutile Ruby Garc files in the zip file you downloaded over to the appropriate places. DON'T copy the A/0/3/6 one over though, this file is your trainers randomized so hold on to that one.

I will have a try at that!

thank you :)

Nickm23

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

So to make this work:

Apologies, but would you mind sending me the tutorial link for the garc file decrypting? (i am probably blind :P )

Edit: Nevermind, i managed it! Thanks :)

Last edited by Nickm23,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The candy man can