Picofly AIO Thread

k28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What is your error code?
If your error is *=* (emmc init not detected), then:
if you can boot to ofw normally, then the connection Cmd, Clk to the picofly need to be checked, or change the rp2040 board, else
If you can't boot to ofw (blackscreen etc). Check cmd resistor on the mainboard. the cmd/dat0/clk line from emmc to the cpu might disconnected.
yes yellow short long short. do people have problems with picofly cones and fw 17? yesterday i salvaged a mariko with the same picofly. it glitches/behaves normales with the corrupt emmc modul with fw 16 installed on it and boots into hekate. but with rerebuld emmc with fw 17 installed on it just flashes yellow short long short and boots into ofw. so it seems like its an picofly firmware incompatibility with fw17, rather then a bad batch of picofly.

another question: is there a way to glitch into hekate without emmc installed for emmc rebuild purposes?

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
so it seems like its an picofly firmware incompatibility with fw17, rather then a bad batch of picofly.
I doubt it. The glitch is working before any firmware loaded. So it doesn't have any dependency on the firmware. Theoretically, if you have zeroed emmc, the picofly still works. You could imagine it as a bootloader.

another question: is there a way to glitch into hekate without emmc installed for emmc rebuild purposes?
Seems not possible.

The known flow of boot, will run the code ON the emmc. The picofly inject the sdloader to the emmc (hence the nosd). The function of the sdloader is to transfer the running code from the emmc to the sdcard. Which then we could run any program we put on the sdcard, such as hekate.

Jehmyson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey guys. Accidentally, I broke SP1, but I got the glitch to go to Hekate, however, there are times when it restarts with the Nintendo logo and the screen stays black, sometimes the blue LED flashes intermittently and sometimes *=*. When I finished the nand backup, I received the "slow EMMC" message, even with the additional resistors and cleaning the board. Anyone having a similar problem?

Myst0gan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm installing Picofly on switch Lite, with double mosfets, just to make sure, the source from both mosfets goes to ground, right??

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I'm installing Picofly on switch Lite, with double mosfets, just to make sure, the source from both mosfets goes to ground, right??
Yes. And just so you know, you don't need to use double mosfet, just make sure you use 0.2 wire (or better) for (S)ource and (D)rain. For (G)ate you can use thinner wire if you want (~40awg)

Myst0gan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. And just so you know, you don't need to use double mosfet, just make sure you use 0.2 wire (or better) for (S)ource and (D)rain. For (G)ate you can use thinner wire if you want (~40awg)
I took magnet wire from a small electric motor .25 mm but I was having difficulty to solder it, so I too thin wire from a cable, it's less than .2 mm, I hope it works 🤞🏽

Why is in the guide double mosfets??
Post automatically merged:

I'm getting eMMC read failure, is it because of the wires from mosfet or something else?? I've checked the dat0 wire, it seems to be ok

Here are the wiring of dat0, cmd and clock. They aren't making contacts with other test points and the resistance of the wires till Picofly are around 50 Ohm, so seems everything normal

Attachments

• VID_20231123_164634.mp4
    17.5 MB
  • IMG_20231123_170232.jpg
    IMG_20231123_170232.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20231123_170149.jpg
    IMG_20231123_170149.jpg
    360.9 KB · Views: 31
Last edited by Myst0gan,

ancylow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi friends. I've installed RP2040 Tiny on OLED model. Everything looks to work fine but led is no flashing any colour. May I need to make any configuration on this chip? I flashed last version 2.75 firmware from rehius

Thanks in advance

Edit: when I say that everything works fine is that can boot Hekate and run cfw, so installation must be ok, but led is not flashing

Last edited by ancylow,

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hi friends. I've installed RP2040 Tiny on OLED model. Everything looks to work fine but led is no flashing any colour. May I need to make any configuration on this chip? I flashed last version 2.75 firmware from rehius

Thanks in advance

Edit: when I say that everything works fine is that can boot Hekate and run cfw, so installation must be ok, but led is not flashing
high chance you bought a clone. taje picture of your tiny front and back

Jehmyson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Thanks in advance

The blue LED should at least blink when started. Before assembly, did it show any signs?

ancylow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
high chance you bought a clone. taje picture of your tiny front and back
I was thinking about it. It is this model:

-1384054293-1878751124.jpg

Bought 3 units. One of them cannot flash firmware because pc doesn't detect it, other is the one installed and the last haven't tried yet... I think it was very good purchase 🤦

The blue LED should at least blink when started. Before assembly, did it show any signs?

No sign. Just know that is working because console boots up

• Sad
Reactions: jkyoho

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I took magnet wire from a small electric motor .25 mm but I was having difficulty to solder it, so I too thin wire from a cable, it's less than .2 mm, I hope it works 🤞🏽

Why is in the guide double mosfets??

I'm getting eMMC read failure, is it because of the wires from mosfet or something else?? I've checked the dat0 wire, it seems to be ok

Here are the wiring of dat0, cmd and clock. They aren't making contacts with other test points and the resistance of the wires till Picofly are around 50 Ohm, so seems everything normal
As @Jehmyson pointed out, the dat0 is soldered on wrong contact point.

As for the double mosfet part, I would guess that since the original SX flex used 2pcs of mosfet we were doing it same with picofly in the begining. But as time went by we saw that single mosfet works just fine in most of the cases if your soldering skills/material are good.

bvang913

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking about it. It is this model:

View attachment 405738

Bought 3 units. One of them cannot flash firmware because pc doesn't detect it, other is the one installed and the last haven't tried yet... I think it was very good purchase 🤦

No sign. Just know that is working because console boots up

I wasn't paying attention and got some of those. They are clone Tiny's and the led doesn't work with the latest firmware. But as long as it glitches and boots you should be ok.

Reactions: ancylow

cilione

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks, solved that

Are there alternative points for clk on switch lite board??
Left CLK-via = directly to EMMC.
Right CLK-via = alternative, red arrow.

If right-side of the trace is ripped, run jumper from blue to red arrow.

Attachments

• clk.jpg
    clk.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 39
  • jumper.jpg
    jumper.jpg
    382.5 KB · Views: 34

Myst0gan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks, that saved my entire work 🙏🏽 the traces are like 70-80% gone but both of them are still connected, so I didn't wanted to stress them any further.
Do you have the board view file (the black and red picture that you've posted)??

The Picofly mod turned out to be a lot of fun (even though I've made a lot of mistakes 🙄). Now everything works fine, I can boot into hekate 👍🏽

Next week I'll have an OLED to Mod, hopefully that works without problem 🤞🏽

Thanks again for your help

Just curious, does anyone know what exactly SDA and SCL points does??

Last edited by Myst0gan,

deeps

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks, that saved my entire work 🙏🏽 the traces are like 70-80% gone but both of them are still connected, so I didn't wanted to stress them any further.
Do you have the board view file (the black and red picture that you've posted)??

The Picofly mod turned out to be a lot of fun (even though I've made a lot of mistakes 🙄). Now everything works fine, I can boot into hekate 👍🏽

Next week I'll have an OLED to Mod, hopefully that works without problem 🤞🏽

Thanks again for your help

Just curious, does anyone know what exactly SDA and SCL points does??
SDA/SCL are used to bring the cpu into low-power mode, which helps the glitch process in some cases. It is likely to make the glitch process slower though, so they should not be used in a system where the glitch works without them

Jehmyson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

My friend, could you tell me how to get the boardview of the Nintendo Switch models, please? It would be extremely useful in my daily life.
TIA

Myst0gan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are the hwfly flexes interchangeable?? I mean does the oled flex works with Lite and vice versa??
I install only rp2040 zero (the ali version), so it doesn't matter what kind of cable I am using, as long as they get soldered in the correct points, right??

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-11-26-07-06-06-417_com.ebay.mobile-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-26-07-06-06-417_com.ebay.mobile-edit.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot_2023-11-26-07-10-45-233_com.ebay.mobile-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-26-07-10-45-233_com.ebay.mobile-edit.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 26

lightninjay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I met myself once turns out that guy is a giant piece of shit that doesn't deserve any of my respect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn alcoholics! (Sshhh- Opens another beer)
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Agreed, Ken
    I can't say I've ever tried even a sip of beer tbh-
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You met yourself also and is a giant piece of shit?
    +1
    Then again, I don't think I'd really enjoy it //shrug
    I'm sure it's an acquired taste :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Poor lad can never enjoy the amazing taste of four loko
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Root beer is a gateway drink, don't ever try it either.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, don't you love how smooth MD20 is
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mad dog 20 20? Oh yea fixed the typo. I haven't seen that or had forever. Do they still make it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I think it's why I'm alive
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What happens if when playing Paper Mario, you start a fire in-game?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Paper Mario is a drug dealer and he is all about the paper yo lol
    +2
    Ffft
    On another note, I love how folks are drawing Callie in that suit that Splatoon NA dropped on Twitter
  • RetroNerdGamer @ RetroNerdGamer:
    Beer isnt my thing but a root beer once in a while is good
    it gotta be MUG brand tho
    man i shoulda gotten one to open a cold one with TTYD Remake
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    man, rootbeer is so good
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Think I prefer Barq's to MUG though. But, it's been a while, maybe I need a side by side to refresh my memory lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I like Frosties if you see it at the store worth atry
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Hmmm interesting
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Hmmm interesting