Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

LogicalMadness

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im installing picofly in v1 patched switch. im having issues with soldering the soldering dosent stick to the motherboard of switch especially those rst dat etc points..i soldered v1 cable 34 points to connect to cpu it worked fine .i tried on dead mobile board and soldering is sticking normal no issue .only switch motherboard is causing this issue....im also using flux ..can you guys suggest what might be causing this? ??any suggession will be highly appretiated
Cool story

snaker

Trophies
Website
biohazard-era.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
When i dont use high quality cpu flex cables I always prefer dual mosfets with pulldown resistor. Better safe than sorry. And about the dat0 adapters i guarantee you that if you find the good ones and install them correctly they will work for years to come.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-12 18-25-06.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-12 18-25-06.png
    3 MB · Views: 23

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
When i dont use high quality cpu flex cables I always prefer dual mosfets with pulldown resistor. Better safe than sorry. And about the dat0 adapters i guarantee you that if you find the good ones and install them correctly they will work for years to come.
"IF" u find good ones and the quality stays like that :-)
Post automatically merged:

@lightninjay i think u should add reballing to the .Pdf Guide :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

Switxh

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, i want to attempt a picofly install on my switch and would like to know what kind of tips i should buy for my soldering iron and if these ones will do the job since i found them for pretty cheap View attachment 377319
I use small blade tip like the one on the far left for majority of the work then for points like CLK and CMD I use one like on the far right with the very small but angled tip.

Reactions: QuiTim

lightninjay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"IF" u find good ones and the quality stays like that :-)
Post automatically merged:

@lightninjay i think u should add reballing to the .Pdf Guide :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:
Did @LogicalMadness put you up to this?! He's been waiting for the day that you tell me I should put reballing in the guide :P

Edit: Post number 420, BLAZE IT!

tiger111

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I would also attribute a decent percentage of issues to bad components like the infamous three anchor "OAT0" adapter, but agree that the substantial majority is still installation issues.

Have you scraped away the green solder mask from those points before applying the flux and attempting to solder?
i dont think so ive scrapped any green mask nor im aware of it ????..can you put some light on what is green mask is it to be removed or not ??? regards

provato

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I have a problem that I'm sure it has an easy solution, which I can't see atm.
I'm on a mariko with picofly, and I have a strange hekate/charger problem. Whenever I plug the usb cable (either wall charger or to a pc) on the powered off console, the console turns on and runs hekate!!! Even when I choose "power off" in hekate with the charger plugged in, the console briefly turns off and back on to hekate again!!! what's going on? Also: the console remains off if I have the usb cable unplugged

Switxh

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem that I'm sure it has an easy solution, which I can't see atm.
I'm on a mariko with picofly, and I have a strange hekate/charger problem. Whenever I plug the usb cable (either wall charger or to a pc) on the powered off console, the console turns on and runs hekate!!! Even when I choose "power off" in hekate with the charger plugged in, the console briefly turns off and back on to hekate again!!! what's going on? Also: the console remains off if I have the usb cable unplugged
My Switch's also power on and boot to Hekate when I plug in the power cable. But when I choose "power off" they stay powered off. One thing that might be happening is the USB port might have some play in it so the cable briefly disconnects and reconnects when you move the console so it powers on again after you turn it off in Hekate. That's just my guess. But as far as I know it is supposed to power the console on when you plug in the cable. That's what mine all do.

Reactions: jkyoho

provato

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
up until now, it didn't power on (and go to hekate) whenever I plugged the usb in. It just showed the charging symbol for a brief moment and then remained powered off.
What changed now? I can't understand. Is there a way/option to remain powered off / not turn on when the charger gets plugged?
what about "auto hos power off"?

cherup

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
up until now, it didn't power on (and go to hekate) whenever I plugged the usb in. It just showed the charging symbol for a brief moment and then remained powered off.
What changed now? I can't understand. Is there a way/option to remain powered off / not turn on when the charger gets plugged?
what about "auto hos power off"?

That's the normal behavior - when plugging in an USB cable it is similar as pressing the turn on button - so hekate will start. But once connected and turned off via hekate or standard power off - it should work

Reactions: Takezo-San

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
Only When its in sleep stage, this is normal. There is a setting call "dont wake up when plugged in charger". However, just like everyone says, it will trigger"power on" by plug in cable from Power off stage

Reactions: Switxh

provato

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Only When its in sleep stage, this is normal. There is a setting call "dont wake up when plugged in charger". However, just like everyone says, it will trigger"power on" by plug in cable from Power off stage
Where exactly is this setting??
The most annoying thing is that I press "power off" within hekate, and then it briefly turns off, only to load hekate again in 1-2 seconds!

provato

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
system setting--->sleep, last one
I can't find it. Is this setting in Hekate or CFW/OFW?
Last option in sleep setting is "wake when AC Adapter is disconnected" -> If this option is enabled, the console will also be woken from "sleep" mode when it is removed from the dock

Mr Skinner

Trophies
Website
www.nerdfy.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Dudes, a Question:
This diagram with 2 mosfets for NIntendo OLED and Lite are correct?
1686600610604.png

The only thing different I did was ground it on the metal and not the processor.

In the same week 2 switchs are with No eMMC block 0 read error, *=*

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
I can't find it. Is this setting in Hekate or CFW/OFW?
Last option in sleep setting is "wake when AC Adapter is disconnected" -> If this option is enabled, the console will also be woken from "sleep" mode when it is removed from the dock
Thats the one, my CFW language is not in English. The idea is same.
Have that disable, so Switch will show charging logo when plugged in from sleep stage and wont wake up from sleep when unplug

Last edited by jkyoho,

Mr Skinner

Trophies
Website
www.nerdfy.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Dudes, a Question:
This diagram with 2 mosfets for NIntendo OLED and Lite are correct?
View attachment 377537
The only thing different I did was ground it on the metal and not the processor.

In the same week 2 switchs are with No eMMC block 0 read error, *=*
Attached a video. Any tips about it?

Attachments

• Vídeo do WhatsApp de 2023-06-12 à(s) 16.44.37.mp4
    4.6 MB

provato

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Thats the one, my CFW language is not in English. The idea is same
No it's not. not at all. This setting, wakes the console from sleep when the cable is removed, not inserted or plugged in.
My problem is the opposite: the charger remains plugged in, and the switch CANNOT power off at all. It just briefly powers down and re-powers on and into hekate!
when I unplug the cable, it powers off just fine

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol
    Employee code of conduct videos are awesome!!! Did you know eating the other employees is bad? I didn't know... Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Anymore males there? :blush:
    All of us lol
    I got free every channel so that's awesome lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Give me ALL the gay pron channels, since you won't be watching them :blush::D
    +1
    Lol they exist?
    +1
    Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    THIS IMAGE IS SO SCARY WTF. THAT SURE AS HELL IS NOT A CAT THATS LIKE A FUCKING DEMON

Untitled2.png
    Bonus points for running things over with the lawn mower?
    +1
    Monster truck Lawn Mower extreme
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    she was an apple appstore girl
    he was an uptodown boy
    He was an android boy
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: He was an android boy