Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

AspenFTW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Did you update hekate and atmos?
Maybe you update the sysnand using CFW (without burning fuse)?
Just update all works fine . test it today
Take it apart and check cpu-flex\MOSFET(s), I smell cyan...
Yes all are updated, I've updated OFW via official server

I've managed to make it work by holding volume up then power on then poof I saw hekate loading screen. Not sure what happened there.

guillel90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Post automatically merged:

Replace 470ohm with 47ohm, successful
The resistors are those placed close to the pins and perpendicular?? it seems that he just bridged the connection and then placed bigger sized smd on the pins right?

LogicalMadness

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure what does mean. Does OLED have AutoRCM?
No, only unpatched Tegra can turn AutoRCM on

It's a setting in Hekate, pretty sure any Switch can turn it on, could be wrong. Only V1-unpatched can USE AutoRCM mode though.
Post automatically merged:

It's a setting in Hekate, pretty sure any Switch can turn it on, could be wrong. Only V1-unpatched can USE AutoRCM mode though.

@AspenFTW Here's the best question I can think of that would explain my whole 'line of thinking' rn:

Did you change any setting in Hekate?

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
LOOK closely what AutoRCM section said at the small letters

Attachments

• nyx20240510_163935.jpg
    nyx20240510_163935.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 33
Reactions: LogicalMadness

Mgt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
OLED RP2040 install, First time i have had an issue but also the first oled install. I have done dual mosfet. When battery is plugged in i get blue LED then goes off. And then when i then click power button no LED shows and OFW boots. I have permanent DAT0 installed soldered under emmc. what have a missed?

edit:

I have the same problem, I have 2 mosfets connected and when I connect the battery only the peak turns on and the light turns off. What is the solution to this problem in Oled models?

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
OLED RP2040 install, First time i have had an issue but also the first oled install. I have done dual mosfet. When battery is plugged in i get blue LED then goes off. And then when i then click power button no LED shows and OFW boots. I have permanent DAT0 installed soldered under emmc. what have a missed?

edit:

I have the same problem, I have 2 mosfets connected and when I connect the battery only the peak turns on and the light turns off. What is the solution to this problem in Oled models?
SHOW your install/soldering pictures

Reactions: LogicalMadness

Modi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

edit:

wrong power points

Phantomas77

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Had some time to play around with MOSFETs in order to find a way for a quicker soldering to the SoC.
  • basically, got a transparent plastic as a base on which I fixed the 2 MOSFETs with a tiny bit of superglue (from underneath). This way they won't move and make the soldering easier.
  • soldered the Source and 2 Gate wires. Afterwards bridged the 2 Gates, so there'll be only one wire that goes to the Pico and used some UV mask to isolate the soldering point.
  • now these "flying" MOSFETs can be taken by the plastic base and fixed easily nearby the SoC, and afterwards anchored well with Drain wires + more UV mask.
No science here, just a silly test that I wanted to share with you.

2.jpg

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 30

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub:
  • Sheeba- @ Sheeba-:
    I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Wake up, it's da first of da month
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: Wake up, it's da first of da month