Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

ecko4711

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That wire is ok for those points.
What model of switch do you have? Do you have any photos of the solder job you did?
This is the result of my resolder job. Now I’m getting blue purple

I dont think the 470R ohm resistor gonna work, if you were still using what you bought. You need 47R or 470 label on the resistor
So I need to buy another resistor? Thought these were the right

Attachments

• CFBD473D-9913-44B1-8529-46D261F34567.jpeg
    CFBD473D-9913-44B1-8529-46D261F34567.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 79
Last edited by ecko4711,

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada

So I need to buy another resistor? Thought these were the right ones
No, from your purchase link you could tell they are selling 470 ohm not 47 ohm.
And since you are having blue led blinking mostly meaning glitch start but since resistor not right, timing is not good for the rp2040.
Good side is you have a SAMSAUNG eMMC, you should be very close to success.

GrandMasterYoba

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
I ordered a couple of different mosfets and I'm gonna give them a try.
I'm most looking forward to AON7506 and AON7518 because they have a nice terminal layout and great form factor (should fit under the shield perfectly)
I'm also gonna try BSC150N03LD which is dual n-channel and if it works maybe people can use just this one instead of using 2 separate ones (where such need exists).
It will take a while until they arrive but once they are here there are gonna be an exiting couple of days.
If anyone has tried any other mosfet models (even if they dont work) I would love to hear about it.
Cheers
Could you please explain which of the mosfets parameters are important? All proposed mosfets slightly differ by params and I don't know how to make a choice while looking for other options. I have a NTMFS4C10N and does it make sense to try with it? (Note: for now on the SkHynix emmc with double irfhs8342 I have blue->green signal and then it boots to OFW)

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania

So I need to buy another resistor? Thought these were the right
Well there you have it, @jkyoho solved your issue :)
Post automatically merged:

Could you please explain which of the mosfets parameters are important? All proposed mosfets slightly differ by params and I don't know how to make a choice while looking for other options. I have a NTMFS4C10N and does it make sense to try with it? (Note: for now on the SkHynix emmc with double irfhs8342 I have blue->green signal and then it boots to OFW)
If you have "Blue-Green-boot to OFW" try adding 20k resistor to RST, it should work.
A couple of people had the same issue and Rehius suggested this solution. Your mosfets are ok.

Last edited by QuiTim,

axlcat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Greetings, this is my oled.
Is there a diagram for v2 flex uses on Erista patched?
I only have v2 flex and one Erista patched
Thanks for your help

Attachments

• OLED.jpg
    OLED.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 67

FreeLander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. Has anyone got the RP PICO to work on OLED? I installed it and checked all points. The moment I plug in the battery it goes green for a second then off (without even turning the switch on). then Black screen.

it boots to OFW if I removed it. Here's how I modified It, please tell me if you see something wrong.

P.S flashed with 2.6v

IMG_6773.JPG

View attachment 364655
This was the original plan, but it could be I cut something important. More info soon once I find at least two free hours
Hello Rehius. How are you?
I tried RP PICO on two OLEDs, no luck. It goes green then off with a black screen. The OLED boots to OFW if I remove the PICO.

Please advise.

Last edited by FreeLander,

ecko4711

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I dont think the 470R ohm resistor gonna work, if you were still using what you bought. You need 47R or 470 label on the resistor
Is this the right one? I feel like it’s hard to find it in Germany :D

https://www.reichelt.de/de/de/smd-w...ioIvB_gIVSqJ3Ch1IsQHgEAQYASABEgKFR_D_BwE&&r=1

https://www.pollin.de/p/smd-chipwiderstand-0805-470r-1-25-stueck-221719

https://modellbau-schoenwitz.de/de/...05/SMD-Dickschicht-Widerstaende-47-Ohm-1-0805

Hope y’all can open the links

lightninjay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Why this thread 300+ pages lol?
because alot of people are asking for help, or posting their installs.
the first 80-90 were trying to crack the firmware

tried the flex?

Hello. Has anyone got the RP PICO to work on OLED? I installed it and checked all points. The moment I plug in the battery it goes green for a second then off (without even turning the switch on). then Black screen.

it boots to OFW if I removed it. Here's how I modified It, please tell me if you see something wrong.

P.S flashed with 2.6v

View attachment 366720

I tried RP PICO on two OLEDs, no luck. It goes green then off with a black screen. The OLED boots to OFW if I remove the PICO.

Please advise.
pico-cut2-jpg.364982

latest firmware is 2.65

rehius

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Please advise.
Hello @FreeLander, looks like you found the dangerous incorrect diagram by sthetix where the 3.3v point is actually direct 4.2v right from the battery. Be careful, such overvoltage may fry your RP Pico and the console. Please use the proper 3.3v point here:
oled33.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Ahhhh ok