Hacking Phantom Kingdom Portable: English Translation

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whoa! Congratulations, Chep. And on the other hand... Sorry you ended up getting sick. Please, take your time and feel better, okay? I hope you, your wife, and your newborn do well.

Reactions: Hargrun

Shinon

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I just have bronchitis and lots of coughing. Things have been going well. Both baby and mom are doing really well.

I was mostly hoping to get some progress done on PKP with the time off from work.
Look at these
2a0dr2u.jpg

2mcbkmb.jpg

Daemonised

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pfft, forget the video games. Enjoy the life and spontaneous nature of existence! I doubt people will really be up in arms with waiting on progress to this.

exactly I agree with goofy becoming a dad is more important than a video game take all the time you need to get to know your bundle of joy chep chep.

Gaming4Ever

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry not much progress has been made in the past few weeks. My wife and I had a baby 2 weeks ago and I got really sick a week ago. Hopefully in the next week I will make some more progress on PKP.

-ChepChep

:grog::hrth:CONGRATULATIONS :hrth::grog:

Good Luck and Happy Times ahead for U

No hurry here im sure everyone is Glad u keep pumping out the Goodness for us to enjoy take a Breather u deserve it

:mthr:

ChepChep

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shinon,

Your first bug (indention issue) is not really a bug created by the patch. The original ISO for PSP has this bug and I have no plans to fix this since its in the orginal iso.

The second missed translated text is something that has been driving me nuts since the beginning of this project. The eboot contains the Cancel and status text but I where you would expect the other text is garbled junk. I cannot seem to find this text anywhere in the game to translate. I have tried RAM dumps and etc and its not there... I have no idea where that text is being pulled from since it looks like it should be in the eboot.

Reactions: Shinon

Oxossi

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, and thank you very much for the translations. I came here to report a bug (not sure if it is but here it goes)

The patch worked perfectly, all translated. But today, when i turned on the game, the translated text was gone :blink:, the conversations, shops and items were completely in japanese . The only thing that stayed in english was the menu.

I tried a new game to see if it changed, and the text started in japanese as well ( the conversation between zeta and the raiden)

:blink: what should i do? patch again the ISO? or is it another problem? (sorry for my english)

cheers

zero_g_monkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What tool are you using to extract those png files? The overlord text if you have not found it, it made up of image files. Also, you probably run a good chance of locating that menu text in the screenshots once you finish translating the eboot. I had a free moment and thought I might lend a hand. I say quite a bit of stuff leftover in it or stuff that you have not got to yet maybe. Sometimes menu stuff is done with a custom map job but I didn't dig into the game far enough to check. I may come back by sometime after I figure out how to get those images extracted.

ChepChep

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We are extracting the png's using custom python code that we wrote:
(download)

As far as the eboot its 95% percent done and the white overlord text is not in it. I cannot seem to find any file that has the overlord text. It is in Data.dat but now idea where.

If you have time free free to find the overlord text. It is driving me nuts since I cannot find t anywhere. If you need any code to unpack things let me know. I have written my own pythons tools for most things.

jjjewel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The second missed translated text is something that has been driving me nuts since the beginning of this project. The eboot contains the Cancel and status text but I where you would expect the other text is garbled junk. I cannot seem to find this text anywhere in the game to translate. I have tried RAM dumps and etc and its not there... I have no idea where that text is being pulled from since it looks like it should be in the eboot.
Congratulations to you and your family for your baby. :)
For the text you mentioned above, did you try searching with different encoding? (Ex. Shift-JIS, UTF-8, Unicode, etc.) In Tokimeki GS3 game that I hacked, there was one text that I couldn't locate no matter where I searched, and it ended up being the only word in the whole game that was encoded with UTF-8. (Everything else was encoded with Unicode and custom encoding so I didn't think this word would be in UTF-8.)

iluvfuzz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Congratulations on your baby! Its okay, take all the time you need. I have a 13 month old. Babies take a lot of time. I wish you and your wife and baby well. I do look forward to playing this whenever it gets 100%. I hate to see what my son would try to do with my psp if I get out. He likes to turn my laptop off while I'm on it.

Reactions: Daemonised

Safy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I finished the game at 9 - 10 stage with Good Ending, but then i continued the game and everything become back to chapter 1 and enemies Lv1 like starting the game again.
My question is, How I access to New Game + like the PS2 game to access to the new content and new bonus events? I completed the game 2 times already.

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all: The enemies levels do not change when you go through the game again. What matters is that your created characters are all the same. If they haven't changed, you're in NG+-- if they have changed/erased, that means you messed up somewhere, somehow.

I imagine there's likely an option you ended up not choosing to get to Petta mode, but otherwise, the extra content would be through Zetta and the Make a Wish feature he has.

Safy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
First of all: The enemies levels do not change when you go through the game again. What matters is that your created characters are all the same. If they haven't changed, you're in NG+-- if they have changed/erased, that means you messed up somewhere, somehow.

I imagine there's likely an option you ended up not choosing to get to Petta mode, but otherwise, the extra content would be through Zetta and the Make a Wish feature he has.

I was basing of PS2 version maybe on PSP is different, the storyline dungeons doesn't change at all and it goes into New Game+ if not choosing go to Petta Mode I guess? So the only way to level characters is making a wish for new dungeon on Zetta I think? I'm actually trying to recruit the special characters though

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The way to recruit special characters is to make a wish through Zetta, though I'm very certain that the battles for the original extra characters cause an automatic story reset, cause in-game, you basically ruin the time stream.

But yes, the only way to actively start level grinding is to make new random dungeons.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ