Hacking Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity - English Translation

Epie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I played the DS version of this game , and i like it .. so i want to try this :) im rooting for you guys :gun::wacko:

Fefo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Your legally backed-up iso of course :)

:glare:

Anyway the plugin method was very ambitious, and if I'm correct it still would need a modded PSP.

I played the DS version of this game

Are you aware of the differences? I love both, but each has it own style.

This made me remenber that Yonohate Fu and White Disaster are on PSP2i. Great, I'll NOT find then in this game too...

---

I'm doing some tests on rebirth (got cheats to work on PPSSPP) and they might be cumulative in regards to maxing your type level. Can someone confirm if you can attain Type Lv. 50 with only a Lv. 165 rebirth?

Confirmed: type levels are cumulative. After a rebirth at Lv. 50 my Type level capped at 31. Got another Lv. 50 rebirth and then it capped on 32. Probably rebirthing at higher levels just add bigger values, until you hit the cap.

Reactions: Mage-Andrey

Mage-Andrey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Good work testing the rebirth system, Fefo-Kun! So, my assumtion about 20 lvl50 rebirths was right, good to know.

To Epie: The DS version phantasy star (ps zero) is the worst of ps games, imo. Psp1 is much, much better. Then again i'm just more of a 'Universe' fan.
Or you could go on and play Phantasy Star 4 (for sega genesis), that game is a masterpiece.

Fefo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I hated PSZ at first, since I played PSP's PSP (:P ) first. Then I gave it a new chance and bam, +200h gone. Given the DS limitations, it's a very nice game.

I never played any "Online" game aside from PSO2, shortly, but in theory PSZ is more Online-like than Universe-like. Luckily both styles fit my tastes. Gotta play the classics too, I'll probably love them

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I played the DS version of this game , and i like it .. so i want to try this :) im rooting for you guys :gun::wacko:

You really should finish Portable 1 first, or even better the original PSU. it will keep you busy till the release date.

Hargrun

Support the arts! (The games, silly.)
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I finished PSU and AotI more to understand the story since the server was in its last days and isn't worth it...

I mean, we had a "whole universe" but the stories were focused on small, pointless events (Vol Brothers *facepalm*) and in the end... You don't have the answers you wanted from the beginning. I just miss some mechanics like the old Weapon Synthesis system and the planets as free lobbies. (AND WHY THE HOLTES CITY MUSIC DISC ISN'T AVAILABLE ON PSP2?)

Today I know you don't need to know the truth about the Divine Maiden, for example, since it changes nothing.

JamRules

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you think you could release an early version of the patch kinda like mhp3rd did or would that cause the game to crash at the stage its in now

We're only releasing when its done, amongst other things it'll help avoid confusion as many people don't read descriptions or download elsewhere when none is provided

Reactions: Fefo and Jeffiroi

Epie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Actually , Im playing PSP2 now.. Yeah... Waiting For The Release Of PSP2i english patch XD the game doesnt seem diff. to me :) Dont hate PSZ because of its Graphics .. :D its a cool game :) Good Storyline just because of Ds limitations its graphics is cruel

Mage-Andrey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You don't see much difference cuz you're not playing mage (force). Other than skill/bullet/tech rebalance (and some other stuff) its the same game.. gameplay wise.

Graphics are not the worst aspect of psZ . Balance and gameplay is. Mages are even worse than in psp2, using wands in melee is more effective than casting xD. You can't combine normal hits with skills. Skills (and techs) take forever to charge, then you are locked in skill animation lasting forever. You are limited to 6 actions palette (including dodge), unlike universe 6 weapon + 6 item pallete. No customisation other than re-coloring and few headgears. NPC partners deal.. 20% ? normal damage, dumb as hell, and can't even be adequate meatshields. There are two things i like: Casts are immune to poison, can see traps and regenerate. 2: Slicers are great! In psp1/2/i slicers are like.. throwing blades. In zero they are long ranged boomerang-like weapons cutting many enemies and changing flying pattern on the go, very cool.

You're talking about limitations? There are NES (Famicom) games having more spells, actions, and more fluid controls (ex : Kickmaster). Problem is lack of designer creativity, not console limitations. ff3 remake is nice, ds pokemon games are nice. Its more like they made nds ps game for the chuckles. It's an ok action rpg game, if you don't perceive it as a phantasy star series game. But if you just want action rpg - monster hunter (or any phantasy star portable version) is much better choice.

p.s. Love n' piss Peace brothers and sisters! ^__^

Fefo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Love and peace :glare:

I dislike giving opinions on opinions, but PSP2 forces dream to be as powerful as PSZ's. My Funeral was so OP that I felt crippled when I tried another races/types, and that was with broken shouder buttons.

And whoa, this Kickmaster looks awesome. It's on Batman: Return of the Joker quatily level, a proto-SNES game.

Mage-Andrey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Will have to disagree about psz forces. Reason is simple: insane pp costs with meager damage boosts. Ex: foie lvl 1- 5 pp/ 135% mst . foie lvl 15 20 pp cost / 185%
300% pp cost increase giving 37% damage boost? Lolwut? ) multihitting techs like charged barta or megid scale bit better, but still. NO pp regen, exept newman racial and modules. Even then the pp regen is abysmal. Fonewm pp is 600 at lvl 100, charged techs cost 40-50 pp. 10 tech uses and you need to take another pp-fluid dose. Now, just one hit of slicer does 100% damage to multiple enemies grouped together, per hit. 3 hits per combo. But even better: Cast hunter with twin handgun. 200% per shot, without spending pp, without long animation lock. Techs don't miss and induce statuses, but weapons with statuses do too.

Now, in psp2, while forces run out of mana (uh.. pp) just by casting Nosdiga 2 times - it regenerates quite fast + you can speed it up by hitting stuff (or playing cast =D ). And other techs give utility. Noszonde travels very far, diga pushes back, etc. psZ techs are almost melee range (grants IS melee range). And pso2 forces can HAVE their techs + buffs on pallete at once ;)
psZ forces... Lightning 'Master' Reve dealing 10 damage with zonde to Hard Mode Octo Diablo, then getting one-shotted by a tentacle. Well flippin' done 'Master' Reve!

They way mages supposed to be ;)

And the reason i'm waiting for our beloved translators to finish the project:

Epie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I played PSP2 online and i see only a few people there... i think the others are in PSP2i

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: