Hacking Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity - English Translation

Fefo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I can deal with anything on PSP2, does Infinity added anything which can't be dealt with adaptation and gittin gud? I'm pretty used to hard games, and this game has several tools to completely negate damage. Equipment hunt is mildly interesting, but elusive drop rates and going back to Lv1 doesn't make getting to Lv200 FOUR times a good choice on my eyes.

I also doubt low level rebirths add up to Type Lv50, but I might be happily wrong. Anyway I was thinking of doing the last "rebirth recipe" of that list, so in the end I would rebirth on LV200.

Is Magashi Plan available, and doable, from start? Everithing discussed reeks dullness, but don't worry, when I snap I'll just go back to normal and reasonable mode. For now it's grinding season.

TRANSLATION TEAM:
I'm going totally offtopic here, and wouldn't care if you just purged all these posts. I'm just doing a self-centered bump here, chime in if you want me to stop. Gratz.

Core Deadeye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone mentioned awhile back that words could be replaced with other words to get the job done. "Died" instead of "incapacitated" sounds good, but it would be good to avoid using the wrong context. Inacpacitaed is more like a K.O. rather than death. Just saying my thoughts on not using the wrong word choice.

Weyu

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is there a problem with incapacitated? In Japanese it's 戦闘不能, which you can translate as "unable to fight/take part in battle", incapacitated sounds good to me.

LoliRam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using incapacitated as well. For the special on weapons, I THINK I either put Insta Death or Incap. to make sure it would fit.

Mage-Andrey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There are no problems at all. We were just discussing possible word replacements. Incapacitated was just an example. On weapons simple 'Death' (lvl1/lvl2) would be best.. i think =)
In psp2iwiki its 'Incap'. For long-named weapons like "Gilt-Edged Trickster" i suggest cutting to 'G-E Trickster'. At any rate, if you use names from psp2iwiki, that will help recognize them... even if you cut them a bit =)

LoliRam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once we're able to actually insert weapon names, we'll see what the restrictions are. I do not see there being too much of a problem with names tbh. I think your "Gilt-Edged Trickster" was entered as Gleaming Trickster, IIRC (The alternative being Gleaming Punishment which is likely too long.)

ae9986be3b.jpg

Incap. seems to work pretty IMO, and it's consistent with PSP2s special name as well

c416294412.jpg

In the case of weapons with damage reflection, this just BARELY fits (Yonohate In btw) but gets the point across.

And if we were to go on actual visible character limitation for weapons... We'd be very limited. Though in the case of PSP2, Kokuinto Houzuki is pretty long but still fits. So we'll have to wait and see once weapon/item names are insertable as mentioned :P

Edit: Ugh so frustrating.. Just wanted to example that stuff real fast and then I noticed a bunch more errors in text I still need to fix. And just when I thought I got them all...

Reactions: Fefo and JamRules

Fefo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
lol, I was renaming my Persona Q OST tracks to english. Of 15-ish names, only one shrunk. Most of then doubled, nearly tripled in size.

:mellow:

Mage-Andrey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Right. Very wordy. With stuff like "brb, w8, fu, .i. , plz" and other stuff i can't remember. Okay, i'm joking, i know that's unofficial crap.
Good work posting those screens btw, (<-- another wordy word) shows there's progress going on =)

Reactions: JamRules

Core Deadeye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Consider the word 'wolf'. In Japanese it is 狼 , only as wide as perhaps 1.5 english letters. Replacing Japanese Kanji with english letters is problematic as far as space is concerned. 'Incap.' does sound like a good replacement to me. As for english words in the patch that need to be shortened or abbreviated, perhaps it could come with a text file that would work as a key for those abbreviations. Sounds good to those who like little details.

Reactions: JamRules

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sonic Angel Knight, Is that SAK I see. :ninja: