Hacking Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity - English Translation

JamRules

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could use wiki(s) about the game that are/is out there and the English guide. And about testing, yes, I could do that when the time is set.

Well I could help with translating simple things like item names, but then the description that they have is another matter so I'd be kinda useless haha

I've still got some bugs to sort out, once things are a bit more organised with that and assigning tasks to the existing members I'll make an update of where help is needed

Swing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm kinda inundated with school but I've been making a translation table for Freedom Wars, along with translated the entire story on VC3 for personal use, however some of my work is found online for those that couldn't wait for the english patch, unfortunately I was little help to Sky. But I could lend you a hand, either translating certrain words, phrases, etc piecemeal (so if we had a shared list I would go down and translate all katakana, etc) to make it easier for people that are going line by line to just fill in the rest, or I could translate line by line but it'd take me longer and I couldn't put in as much.

fate6

Haha, I killed a Pumpkin!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am very glad to see someone else is interested in this game, I was trying to do the translation myself but ol' codestation and qwikrazor just didn't have much time to help me crack the game.

I will spread the word to some people that are fluent in japanese and English to help you guys out.

BTW Coldbird stopped the translation because of work taking up most of his time soon after starting it, Also he lost the source to it.... Oh well :3

JamRules

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BTW Coldbird stopped the translation because of work taking up most of his time soon after starting it, Also he lost the source to it.... Oh well :3

I wasn't following at the time but yea I looked this up, this patch implemented completely different to that one. Coldbird was doing some impressive memory hooking madness

fate6

Haha, I killed a Pumpkin!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't following at the time but yea I looked this up, this patch implemented completely different to that one. Coldbird was doing some impressive memory hooking madness

Well good luck guys cause PSP2I is my #1 PSP game so I am looking forward to finally playing it in English, BTW there was one more thing I had planned for the game but I will wait for you guys to be done with the translation before proceeding with things.

What exactly do I have planned you ask? Custom DLC, Why? Because I will have my waifu as a companion damn it! Oh and more content is always a good thing. :3

If you ever need any help with anything then please by all means let me know. I doubt I will be on this site much but you can always get a hold of me over at wololo.net.

Reactions: JamRules

mr allen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Temporary help wanted!!!
all you need to do is just copying some words from one file and then paste it on the other files, NOTHING ELSE

What you will need :
Notepad ++
Your fast hand
Dropbox account (Optional)
i can try but i wont be able to start for a couple days.

ArasKarasu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Temporary help wanted!!!
all you need to do is just copying some words from one file and then paste it on the other files, NOTHING ELSE

What you will need :
Notepad ++
Your fast hand
Dropbox account (Optional)​
Sorry for reposting:unsure:

LoliRam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What exactly do I have planned you ask? Custom DLC, Why? Because I will have my waifu as a companion damn it! Oh and more content is always a good thing. :3

What, you can do that? Unless I'm misunderstanding, it doesn't seem that easy to add your own content.

JC200X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's great to see there is a translation going. I remember seeing Coldbird's project going back in 2011. Shame to see that it never got past the privatized beta though.

Temporary help wanted!!!​
What you will need :​
Notepad ++​
Your fast hand​
Dropbox account (Optional)​
Sorry for reposting:unsure:

If you'll accept it, I'd like to volunteer for the job. Sounds easy enough to do. I'll have to get on to creating a Dropbox account however.

Kelebek

Trophies
XP
Country
Couldn't you script it? Would need to see the file, but if it's just copying some text from one file into another it shouldn't be too difficult. Could save some people a lot of time if there's a lot to do.

JamRules

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Couldn't you script it? Would need to see the file, but if it's just copying some text from one file into another it shouldn't be too difficult. Could save some people a lot of time if there's a lot to do.

Honestly in this case 90% of the files probably don't need changing so an online compare tool would work

Swing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sh*T! I just forgot about Shining Blade/Ark! Shining Ark has an english translation guide like what we first did when VC3 came out but no patch. I think you guys would REALLY like this game in addition it's based off of VC3's BLITZ combat system. I saw some of the programs you were using to pull text out. If you could maybe show/explain to me how to do what you did so I can at least pull out the ingame text for another great game for a translation on a later date, I would DEFINITELY be more than willing to start running through lines!

Swing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well good luck guys cause PSP2I is my #1 PSP game so I am looking forward to finally playing it in English, BTW there was one more thing I had planned for the game but I will wait for you guys to be done with the translation before proceeding with things.

If you ever need any help with anything then please by all means let me know. I doubt I will be on this site much but you can always get a hold of me over at wololo.net.

Fate, you know exactly what I would like in exchange for translating the hell out of this game.

Kosmox

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Sh*T! I just forgot about Shining Blade/Ark! Shining Ark has an english translation guide like what we first did when VC3 came out but no patch. I think you guys would REALLY like this game in addition it's based off of VC3's BLITZ combat system. I saw some of the programs you were using to pull text out. If you could maybe show/explain to me how to do what you did so I can at least pull out the ingame text for another great game for a translation on a later date, I would DEFINITELY be more than willing to start running through lines!
Where you can find translation guide for Shining Ark?
I know only about the one for Shining Blade

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, I heard herbert stopped appearing on the show