BoxmanWTF

♪Toot Toot Sonic Warrior♫
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada

Yesterday, PETA announced that the organization began a new campaign to “raise awareness” about the Tanooki Suit that is the focal point of Super Mario 3D Land. They claimed that “Mario is sending the message that it’s OK to wear fur.”

What does Nintendo have to say about the situation?

A spokesperson told Eurogamer:

“Mario often takes the appearance of certain animals and objects in his games. These have included a frog, a penguin, a balloon and even a metallic version of himself. These lighthearted and whimsical transformations give Mario different abilities and make his games fun to play. The different forms that Mario takes make no statement beyond the games themselves.”
Silly Peta, trying to get attention with their hippocratic ways.

gloweyjoey

who??
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo has responded:

Mario often takes the appearance of certain animals and objects in his games. These have included a frog, a penguin, a balloon and even a metallic version of himself. These lighthearted and whimsical transformations give Mario different abilities and make his games fun to play. The different forms that Mario takes make no statement beyond the games themselves.

http://www.eurogamer...o-pro-fur-claim

sonic with the :ninja:

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was always under the impersonation that Mario simply transformed into these "suits", not "wore" them. Like some magical power causes him to instantly grow a tail and give him some type of minor flying abilities or give him the ability to Hadouken shoot fireballs from his hands.

However, with this recent revelation by PETA, I give a round of applause to Mario. He's ridding the world of these abominations:

4372022774_a4d00815ba.jpg

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia

TheBlueBadger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd sort of understand if tanooki suits worked the same way as blue shells (it's still be bullshit and such) but no, Mario doesn't jump on a tanooki and wear its skin. He touches a leaf which turns him into a tanooki. Not once while I was playing Mario 3 did the thought of killing a tanooki cross my mind. Speaking of Mario 3 why now and not then? Attention whores

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
Stop hating on PETA. Occasionally they do crazy shit, but they actually do something that's good. They try and save the lives of animals.

Aeter

A walking contradiction
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Stop hating on PETA. Occasionally they do crazy shit, but they actually do something that's good. They try and save the lives of animals.
If you haven't seen this before: http://www.petakillsanimals.com/

Apparently PETA has killed nearly 30000 animals since 1998.
That doesn't bother about a animal rights organization?

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Oh, that's rich. You know, like funding domestic terrorists in the United States, killing many of the animals they proclaim to save (As Aeter and others have pointed out), and so much more.

They really are doing something "good", aren't they?

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

These people are inherently evil and don't save shit. Want people who really make a difference go for the World Wildlife Fund or Greenpeace especially Greenpeace they even give excellent advice on what fish to eat and avoid.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

These people are inherently evil and don't save shit. Want people who really make a difference go for the World Wildlife Fund or Greenpeace especially Greenpeace they even give excellent advice on what fish to eat and avoid.

Oh please, not Greenpeace... those people are not an Pro-Eco Organisation, they are Eco Terrorists that most of the time block investments even if they barely affect wildlife out of even the sillyest excuses.

If you really want to support homeless pets, just pay a visit to your local pound/animal shelter and give them a donation - be it in food, supplies, charity work or money. THEY will know what to do, they actually WORK with animals.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, this topic just reminded me: Penn and Teller had a great episode of Bullshit! on the subject of PETA.

[yt]inFtOMx8nDU[/yt]

Enjoy.

Reactions: 3 people

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
No, but they do expose companies that do harm to animals. And to Gahars, you do realize not all terrorism is bad right. This country was founded by terrorists.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, but they do expose companies that do harm to animals. And to Gahars, you do realize not all terrorism is bad right. This country was founded by terrorists.

If you cannot tell the difference between the founders of the United States and the lunatics that PETA supports, you have a serious fucking problem.

Reactions: 2 people

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

Your country was founded by immigrants from across Europe and Africa that were either explorers, soldiers that were sent to America to protect them, slaves that were brought in by force, remanants of the Native Americans and people who felt threatened for whatever reasons in Europe and wanted a fresh start in the new-found lands. Please enlighten me about a single instance of a shipment of "terrorists" to America, I am incredibly curious as to where you got that knowledge from.

I'd also like to note that *all terrorism is bad*, the proper way to solve political problems is by means of *dialogue*. As far as military solutions are concerned, you have to differentiate between Freedom Fighting and Terrorism, you seem to be misunderstanding the two terms.

Reactions: 2 people

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
Haha, ever heard of tar and feathering. That was technically an act of terroism. Which the Patriots committed. Foxi4, the IRA were considered terrorists by the British, and I'm referring to the original IRA, without them Ireland wouldn't exist today because Britain would still own it. I'm grateful for the IRA, and sometimes the only answer is violence. Whether it's killing cops or bombing hotels. It sounds awful, but it's true.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: