Velotix

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why aren't they making a deal about eating fire flowers?

They're too busy administering lethal injections, y'see.

http://www.petakillsanimals.com/

Ah, PETA. You never change.
O_O

Well, That's news to me. Damn.

They kill that many perfectly good pets and try to hide it but OH LORD Since Mario is wearing a Tanuki suit he must of clearly skinned one of the things. Better make a horrible and ugly flash game to show how evil Mario really is and try and say that his amazing game is pure evil and must be stopped or else everyone will try and skin a Tanuki and wear the skin like pajamas.

PERFECT LOGIC!

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why aren't they making a deal about eating fire flowers?

PETA stands for "People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals". Flowers aren't animals, last I checked.
OH REALLY? Next you're going to tell me that words can only be formed with vowels.
Sarcasm my buddy, Learn it.

Uh huh, because sarcasm is soooo easy to detect through text alone. Of course it is. It's not like you should indicate in someway when you are being sarcastic so people can tell you aren't an idiot, no, not at all.

And your post as a sarcastic comment... it really doesn't make all that much sense. If it was something about how they might protest stomping on Koopas or how Mario "clearly subjugates Yoshi to his will", then yes that would've worked. But since PETA doesn't give a shit about plants, it's completely irrelevant, so your "joke" falls flat.

That would be like if there was an article about Japanese whaling practices and I "sarcastically" said, "What will they do next, hunt deer?"

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh PETA, you make us all look bad.

You can't say you like animal rights without "PETA" coming to mind. They're kinda like the Tea Party of animal rights activism. They're trying to be overly radical, they're a bunch of whiny bitches, and they have the dumbest signs at rallies.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Gumfq.jpg

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
PETA is bullshit.

I could easily think... Mario killing innocent turtles!! Or... MUSHROOMS.

How about Monster Hunter? Aww... poor lizards at risk... THINK ABOUT THE IGUANAS PEOPLE. :cry:

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
The fuck. PETA thinks that Tanooki = Raccoon Dogs. They do not seem to resemble at all.

And with that, I really wonder what PETA thinks about Monsters... perhaps not Iguanas... maybe snakes!

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
LOL@Cooking Mama Kills Animals.

Also, Tanooki is pronounced /Tanuki/, which MEANS Racoon Dog. It's not about the resemblance, it's actually the exact same animal.

Bugs Bunny doesn't look like a real rabbit either, that's because it's a cartoon character.
"They (Turkeys) are drugged and genetically breed to grow so quickly that their legs often collapse beneath them, leading to lameness (...)"
~Cooking Mama Kills Animals, Suplement Video #1

The moment I heard that I started laughing and immediatelly forgot about the horrible fate that awaits those turkeys. I know it's a horrible thing, but I couldn't help myself.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I could say the same thing about cows and Mad Cow desiese, chickens and Bird Flu or pigs and swine flu. Meat is a specific type of sustinence that requires certain preparations to be "safe to eat", that being cooking it properly.

Any substance in the world can be harmful if not done right, any animal may be a carrier of hazardous bacteria or viruses, and the situation is exactly the same with veg.

That doesn't mean we shouldn't eat a certain thing, that means that we should be concerned about how those are breed/grown and then handled.

Turkeys have unique personalities, just like cats and dogs. Some are social, some are loners. People who live with turkeys in animal sanctuarities report that they even have different tastes in music.
~Cooking Mama Kills

What a load of crap, of course they are "individualistic" to a certain extent, any given animal is, how does that change anything lol. They're still not as smart as a human being, and what's more important - quite tasty.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hmm lets think about Angry birds for a sec... Shooting birds at wood, glas and stone, so why only Mario ?? can't they outstand someone else succes

That's the idea, PETA targets only "popular" franchises BECAUSE they're popular. Their assumption is that as long as such an attack is noticed, their "word" is spread. Obviously it's a load of balloney, the fact that "people talk about it" is apparent, but they "talk s*it about the organisation", and I fail to see how that helps them.

I'm on their website right now, looking through their "other" games. I'm wondering why the Olsen Twins haven't sued them for slander yet. Or maybe they have? They seem to be a re-occouring theme due to their love of fur-based products.

Oh, by the way.

Burberry (fur products store) models are too dumb to know better, teach them about the cruelty of fur by holding your sign infront of them!

I can already imagine their train of thought then. "Durr, herp derp, fur is made of ANIMALS? Really? Gee, I never knew!". Dumbasses. Calling other people dumb will surely convince them to follow your cause. What a bunch of idiots, it's delightfuly pleasant to follow their website, even if just for the laughts. XD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 📚 🗒️ ✏️ 🤓 +1