PETA's at it again...

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuisine varies from country to country it doesn't make them bad people, every country has committed human rights abuses. The point I was trying to make was the during the early years of the IRA, the British considered them terrorists, but the Irish saw them as freedom fighters, they killed policeman and civilians yet they were essential to freeing Ireland. Today they try and free Northern Ireland, but they are still considered terrorists by almost every civilized country.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Cuisine varies from country to country it doesn't make them bad people, every country has committed human rights abuses. The point I was trying to make was the during the early years of the IRA, the British considered them terrorists, but the Irish saw them as freedom fighters, they killed policeman and civilians yet they were essential to freeing Ireland. Today they try and free Northern Ireland, but they are still considered terrorists by almost every civilized country.

*facepalms* You haven't read one bit, have you? A freedom fighter may perform acts of terrorism which makes him a terrorist, but it is not a necessity and does not lay in the definition of a freedom fighter.

A kitchen knife is a kitchen utensil, but can be used to kill someone. This does not make it a weapon by proxy though, it is a *kitchen utensil with the capacity to be misused*. Only once you actually kill someone with said knife, it becomes a weapon.

I laughed at your choice of the country because this is a debate about animal rights and you chose a country in which eating animals that are conscidered "pets" is pretty common. I also laughed because human rights abuse in China is very much contemporary and common. We're talking here and now, not in the 1500 A.D.

We strayed too off-topic lol, I can't help myself.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really, they're not really protecting this country. They're fighting for this country's ideals. And not to be cold but if you choose to go to war, you'd better be prepared to die. That's a a fact of life. And really it's which country considers which organization a terrorist for example China doesn't consider Al-Qaeda terrorists.

A) Because fighting an organization that orchestrated attacks on the United States, and those who harbor them, is not meant to protect us or our allies from another attack. Oh wait.

B) Yes, they are fighting for the ideals of the country (Freedom and all that jazz). Whether or not the actual policies created by the government utilizing them are correct is certainly up for personal interpretation. I do not support the Iraq war, for instance, but you better believe that I support my peers that served there.

C) You don't care about the fact that men and women died for you and the country you live in. I've said it once before, but it bears repeating now: Smooth.

D) Al-Qaeda has threatened China several times, and there have been skirmishes between the two. China isn't very supportive of them, to say the least.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Not really, they're not really protecting this country. They're fighting for this country's ideals. And not to be cold but if you choose to go to war, you'd better be prepared to die. That's a a fact of life. And really it's which country considers which organization a terrorist for example China doesn't consider Al-Qaeda terrorists.

They also eat smoked dogs - you really chose a good Ally in the debate. XD This is getting better and better, but I'll have to retract to the role of a spectator. Just a final hint:

Definition =/= Perception of a given organization by a given government (that's an example, y'see!)

ESPECIALLY when the government happens to be a crazy dictatorship that breaks human rights left and right.

How did an argument about PETA gets to about terrorist and freedom fighters?

No idea, but I'm having loads of fun. X3

The thing is I can't argue about this subject since I'm 'taught' by the miltary that ALL sorts of terrorism is evil. There's no such thing as good nor bad terrorism, terrorism is terrorism period.

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
I know that. America had notable human rights abuses in the early to mid 1800s and well into the early 1900s. I don't and it's not a war Gahars.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to admit that this has been quite an interesting conversation,
but if we can, please steer back in the direction of the original (PETA) topic.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Back on topic, PETA is misguided and to be honest with you I don't know why they still exist since they are robbing people's money through deception.

AceWarhead

"Must Construct Additional Pylons"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course it's not. Doesn't make it right though that they do it. And I don't support the U.S. troops, couldn't care less about what happens to them. And by the way freedom fighter is just a fancy word for terrorist. Ever heard of one man's freedom fighter another man's terrorist?
SO, you'd rather other countries invade the U.S and kill everyone?

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that. America had notable human rights abuses in the early to mid 1800s and well into the early 1900s. I don't and it's not a war Gahars.

It's a war, even if it hasn't been officially declared as such (after all, the Korean War, Vietnam War, etc. weren't declared wars either).

On topic: PETA is bad. Take that, PETA.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Of course it's not. Doesn't make it right though that they do it. And I don't support the U.S. troops, couldn't care less about what happens to them. And by the way freedom fighter is just a fancy word for terrorist. Ever heard of one man's freedom fighter another man's terrorist?
I hope you get drafted. :P

Reactions: 1 person

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
Never said that. And who has really attempted to invade us, real countries, not terrorist organizations. And back on topic I do believe PETA does some good things by attempting to persuade people to become vegetarians and vegans.

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
I would move to Canada or Mexico, and I'm planning on moving to Japan next year. I would never fight for this country. Gahars it's not a war, because for it to be a war it has to be declared one by Congress. If you go by our Constitution. Yes we haven't had a war since World War II.

AceWarhead

"Must Construct Additional Pylons"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never said that. And who has really attempted to invade us, real countries, not terrorist organizations. And back on topic I do believe PETA does some good things by attempting to persuade people to become vegetarians and vegans.
By Killing Homeless Pets and getting attention? How're those good things?I hated the PETA ever since I heard of them. How do we know if plants don't have feelings?

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country

It's a war, even if it hasn't been officially declared as such (after all, the Korean War, Vietnam War, etc. weren't declared wars either).

On topic: PETA is bad. Take that, PETA.

PETA just have learned that the Westboro Church was doing that gimmick in the mid 1950's.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Morning
  • CooingMaxito @ CooingMaxito:
    Hello fellow stranger
    CooingMaxito @ CooingMaxito: Hello fellow stranger