Persona 3: Portable, Persona 4: Golden, and Persona 5 Royal are all heading to PC and Xbox

Announced during the Xbox Showcase was the partnership between Microsoft and Atlus. Three games are coming over to Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S, all from the Persona series. Persona 3: Portable, Persona 4: Golden, and even Persona 5 Royal will all be heading to the platform. Persona 5 Royal will be launching first, on October 21st, and will also come to Windows PC. The other two entries will also be on PC as well, with a release timeframe in 2023. All three games will be a part of Game Pass. It's not currently known if these games will be available outside of the Windows storefront for PC.

YukidaruPunch

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
People will complain about P3 being the Portable version, but I actually consider it the best version - it's much faster and dynamic, you can control all of your party members and there's an extra protagonist. The pros greatly outweigh the cons - not controlling your party members sounds insane in a game that can be punishing and the FES content wasn't even all that good anyway. P3P was the only game in the series I've finished specifically because it was faster - I don't think anything was significantly lost in the transition.

Segger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't wait to finally play through Persona 5, I got may 10 or so hours in on the PS4 but haven't had that hooked up for like a year or two, having it on my PC will be much better.

Really bummed that Persona 3 FES isn't being ported over, it's way better than the P3P

NumberXIIIEdwin

Jack In! MegaMan, Execute!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slam dunk for Xbox fans. I’d have preferred the FES version but hey I’ll take any port of Persona 3 they want to give me. Thankfully they didn’t call it a console exclusive so I’m confident that 3 and 4 will make it to PS consoles eventually. Seeing P5R run at 60fps does make me somewhat jealous though. Would love for them to make a performance patch for the PS4 version since it’s already available, though if my hunch is correct what they’ll end up doing is just making a PS5 port if/when the other games make the jump.

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I fucking love P3P. I prefer its gameplay over P3 and P3P. Yes, I prefer the icons on the screen where you move your cursor around as opposed to moving the character.

I'm also glad the more people can now play the games outside of emulation/buying a new system altogether. The P3P port looks to suffer from some problems such as shitty upscaling in backgrounds but nonetheless, I'm glad it exists.

It does suck though that there doesn't seem to be a Steam release. Guess I'll reinstall Windows 10 on my gaming PC so I can at least replay P5R there.

Reactions: WG481

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Yeah, I am one of the few out there that prefers the VN presentation of P3P over P3/FES. I have fond memories of games I played on handhelds as opposed to games I played on a TV or my monitor.

I also recently replayed P3P on my Vita cause my PSP is broken at the moment and I honestly enjoyed every moment of it. Granted, a port of P3P isn't ideal for everyone but I'm happy of the fact that it exists.

Reactions: YukidaruPunch

WG481

Official Waluigi Propagandist
Trophies
Somewhere. Look hard enough and you could find me.
XP
Country
United States
Can't wait to finally play through Persona 5, I got may 10 or so hours in on the PS4 but haven't had that hooked up for like a year or two, having it on my PC will be much better.

Really bummed that Persona 3 FES isn't being ported over, it's way better than the P3P
Eh.
P3P is a lot more dynamic, easier to control, and more welcoming to people in the series.
Ans since it's coming to PC, modders are going to go bonkers anyways, so maybe you'll get P3PFES.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Psi likes Cream Pie I hear