Pepe Le Pew was removed from Space Jam 2 - Legacy!

Luke94

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Oh I forgot about Flinstones,Scooby-Doo(theory that Mystery Shack Shaggy,Velma,Fred,Daphne are smoking weed everyday).

Shenrai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its fine its not like they do anything interesting with Looney Tunes nowadays anyways. I am sure the movie will be trash like every sequel of an old franchise made in recent memory.

Luke94

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Lola Bunny was annoying in Looney Tunes Show. Rest in Peace Mel Blanc circa Anno Domini of years 1908-1989,,Walter Disney 1901-1966,Leon Schesinger 1884-1949.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
I am sure the movie will be trash
You're probably not wrong. Even the original movie wasn't good. That weird time in the 80s and 90s when Warner Bros. tried revitalizing and modernizing Hanna-Barbera cartoons just set them all on a cringey, downward spiral. All of the made-for-TV movies, lazy spin-off shows, and everything else are just WB and Cartoon Network cashing in on the namesake. Adult Swim is an amazing example of this. It got its start because Cartoon Network owns the rights to everything Hanna-Barbera, so they just gave these guys free reign of all the assets that weren't part of shows that still had some IP in circulation. This isn't to say some gold didn't come from this, but it's how things like Space Ghost Coast to Coast, Sealab 2021, and Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law came to be. Those at least had a sense of originality compared to the obvious cash grabs aimed at children and their nostalgia obsessed parents. That's literally the only cause for all of these sequels and remakes; cash grabs banking off the nostalgia of the stupid people who could just watch the original. But no, they'd rather get mad at studios for ruining their nostalgia because somehow a remake or a sequel makes the original go away, and they fail to realize that their nostalgia is what's producing this crap.

Last edited by Joom,
Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
All of you guys are a bunch of idiots.

Sometimes you guys piss me off. You guys are fucking outrageous. By the way my posts weren't serious in this thread. I was annoyed the whole time.

The whole joke around Pepe Le Pew was that he stunk. And Penelope the Pussycat didn't want to be around him because he smelled bad. That was the whole point of the joke and the original intention of it, it was never about molestation or rape you idiots.

That's why they used a Skunk as a character that gets constantly rejected. It's literally in his name too. "Pew" a combination of Pee-Yew, its a play on the word stink.

When Pepe Le Pew put on perfume and smelled good then that's when Penelope went crazy for him and started to chase him. She was the one being aggressive and he had to run away from her. They were both literally acting in the same way.

Fuck!

I'm pretty sure some ridiculous idiot out there is going to miss the original intent of the joke and some how twist it to still make pepe into something that needs to get canceled because they don't want to admit they were wrong. To them I say get a fucking life you crazy moronic person.

Last edited by SG854,
Reactions: Shenrai

Luke94

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
All of you guys are a bunch of idiots.

Sometimes you guys piss me off. You guys are fucking outrageous. By the way my posts weren't serious in this thread. I was annoyed the whole time.

The whole joke around Pepe Le Pew was that he stunk. And Penelope the Pussycat didn't want to be around him because he smelled bad. That was the whole point of the joke and the original intention of it, it was never about molestation or rape you idiots.

That's why they used a Skunk as a character that gets constantly rejected. It's literally in his name too. "Pew" a combination of Pee-Yew, its a play on the word stink.

When Pepe Le Pew put on perfume and smelled good then that's when Penelope went crazy for him and started to chase him. She was the one being aggressive and he had to run away from her. They were both aggressive.

Fuck!

I'm pretty sure some ridiculous idiot out there is going to miss the original intent of the joke and some how twist it to still make pepe into something that needs to get canceled because they don't want to admit they were wrong. To them I say get a fucking life you crazy moronic person.

Well people here are not founders of Warner Bros.'s Merrie Melodies/Looney Tunes of making adult-oriented dirty jokes of french stereotypes,meme gags...etc.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
That was the whole point of the joke and the original intention of it, it was never about molestation or rape you idiots.
Look at you not understanding the metaphor behind him being a skunk.
I'm pretty sure some ridiculous idiot out there is going to miss the original intent of the joke
lol

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Well people here are not founders of Warner Bros.'s Merrie Melodies/Looney Tunes of making adult-oriented dirty jokes of french stereotypes,meme gags...etc.
I see people bitching about the joke on French people smelling bad. Such unhappy people that needs something to complain about.

Luke94

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
He stinks. There that's the joke.

Penelope is a rapist too that can't take no for an answer according to this threads stupid logic.
More like to original creators of that Looney Tunes episode you should rather blame them not us.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
He stinks. There that's the joke.
Yeah, if you're 5 and don't actually understand the sub-joke meant for older audiences. His entire character is a representation of someone who is repulsive and isn't self-aware of their repulsiveness. That's why his character also throws consent out the window. Have you never heard the insult "skunk" or "polecat"? They're used to describe someone exactly like this. Kinda like how we call someone that's dubious a "snake".

Last edited by Joom,

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Yeah, if you're 5 and don't actually understand the sub-joke meant for older audiences. His entire character is a representation of someone who is repulsive and isn't self-aware of their repulsiveness. That's why his character also throws consent out the window. Have you never heard the insult "skunk" or "polecat"? They're used to describe someone exactly like this.
And there it goes exactly what I was talking about.

Twisting it to bullshit levels to complain instead of getting a life.

Yes that's why they used a skunk. Repulsive but not repulsive anymore when he changed something. In this case his smell. Then after he smelled good Penelope got aggressive with him.

I know exactly the metaphors you are talking about. It's a play on words. Comedy plays on words all the time for jokes.

Last edited by SG854,

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Twisting it to bullshit levels to complain
No, it's called understanding character archs and traits, and the metaphors behind them because I have a pretty heavy grasp on the concept of storytelling. Anthropomorphic characters especially are an easy read because we liken human traits and personalities to these animals. Again, returning to the snake, why do you think every single snake character in any cartoon is up to something nefarious? Pepe could have been a chinchilla, but the joke wouldn't have worked because the metaphor wouldn't have fit. In the same sense, Bugs couldn't have been anything other than a rabbit because of the personality they assigned to the character derived from real life human traits. I couldn't give any less of a fuck whether or not the character stuck around. Me calling out his character traits isn't a complaint, it's an observation; something you seem incapable of doing what with your complaining about complainers.
instead of getting a life
And yet here you are arguing whether or not a fictional character is a literal rapist because you don't know what a metaphor is. Nobody's called him a rapist. He just kinda, y'know, represents one. That's what a metaphor is.

Last edited by Joom,

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That time when Pepe nearly blew his brains out, because he learned he stunk.

That time we learned Pepe was also into guys.

I always found him to be pretty funny.

Rikua

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shouldn't they cancel all Looney Toons at this point? I'm like 90% positive every character has had a love interest that was not at all into it. I find it kinda funny that Pepe was cancelled in Space Jam 2....But Bugs was ALL OVER Lola in the first one with VERY similar advances....but nah, that's cool cuz its Bugs right? Plus the Lola re-design NONSENSE that is going around. Its a hand drawn bunny, fucking relax people.

Last edited by Rikua,

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
I started thinking about how I came off in this thread and I feel bad. I came off too harsh. I was irritated at this whole situation. Me calling people idiots and such was disgusting of me. I felt shitty using language like that even if no one called it out. So I won't use that language anymore here.

No, it's called understanding character archs and traits, and the metaphors behind them because I have a pretty heavy grasp on the concept of storytelling. Anthropomorphic characters especially are an easy read because we liken human traits and personalities to these animals. Again, returning to the snake, why do you think every single snake character in any cartoon is up to something nefarious? Pepe could have been a chinchilla, but the joke wouldn't have worked because the metaphor wouldn't have fit. In the same sense, Bugs couldn't have been anything other than a rabbit because of the personality they assigned to the character derived from real life human traits. I couldn't give any less of a fuck whether or not the character stuck around. Me calling out his character traits isn't a complaint, it's an observation;

Call it observation or complaint or whatever other word you want to use, you still use the same words for the criticisms. Call a character dumb and say it's an observation is no different then you saying he's dumb but saying it as a complaint.

The difference between a complaint and a observation is usually the emotion attached to them, at least how it's used in a debate or argument. A complaint usually has a more negative feeling from the person where as an observation is usually more relaxed look at things. But it still doesn't change the root of the criticism.

A person usually says it's just an observation to let the other person know I'm more relaxed in my view of this situation and you are ridiculous for not being as relaxed as me. Because somehow showing more care and emotion in a debate is a loosing strategy. It ends up becoming a battle of who shows the most relaxed emotion, and who ever shows the most relaxed emotion wins the debate, and it becomes less about the actual content of the debate they were talking about.

something you seem incapable of doing what with your complaining about complainers.

I don't understand the complaining about complainers part. You have to make an observation first before you make a complaint. Which then goes back to my above paragraphs which is the way you are using those words, you are using them based on the emotion attachment to them. Whether or not someone is ticked off is irrelevant to the main points they bring up. What they say matters more then the emotion behind what they say.

And yet here you are arguing whether or not a fictional character is a literal rapist because you don't know what a metaphor is. Nobody's called him a rapist. He just kinda, y'know, represents one. That's what a metaphor is.

He is being cancelled. A cartoon character being cancelled. The whole point of this thread. People are taking this more then just a metaphors or observation. They are taking action. There is outrage at this character.

Trying to go after a cartoon character from a comedy show that is the butt of the joke is ridiculous. And yet no one goes after Penelope for the same behaviors. And people are taking this character way to seriously and are canceling it, that's what annoyed me. Its just a comedy cartoon. And me talking angrily about it earlier is not the same as them or the same in seriousness as them because I am not canceling or wanting the character cancelled. That's the difference.

Last edited by SG854,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
    I never knew about it at the time but a fixed version was available but you had to mail in your broken copy lol
    So that version is semi rare
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission