Gaming People who played Smash Ultimate..

radicalwookie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it worth buying if I didn't really get that much into the Wii U version?
Somehow I got really hyped by the trailers and I'm thinking of buying it but the price...the price is high alright.
So I'm really wondering whether I should buy this or not.
Is online smash any fun? Any competitions or such?

Xandrid

Trophies
XP
Country
Nigeria
Somehow I got really hyped by the trailers and I'm thinking of buying it but the price...the price is high alright.
It's totally worth it, I'm gonna pre-order it

Reactions: radicalwookie

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Did you get into any smash before Wii U?

radicalwookie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you get into any smash before Wii U?
No I didnt. Even wiiu i only played for about an hour or two.

wiiu din't had a campaign, that was a bummer for me!
Yeah that was too bad.

Im not too informed about this game so I was wondering, is it worth buying it as purely online multiplayer game? Or is it more focused towards couch multiplayer? If that makes any sense haha.

Last edited by radicalwookie,

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a dream of online tournaments and such which I didnt experience on wiiu (if there were any? Dunno).
I don’t understand myself why I’m so hyped

The WiiU version suffered from the support for the console, and lack there-of. They did eventually churn out a Tournament mode in a later update, but I'm not certain if that was available for online play (can't remember). That said, I don't think you'd like this one. Hopefully they will release a demo of it for you to try.

Just remember, although it's easy to picture Smash as a fighting game, it's actually categorized as an Action game (as said so by the creator - don't shoot the messenger!), which may be where your thought process is causing you unnecessary hype:
https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013...nt-fighting-genre-and-value-unpredictability/

Reactions: radicalwookie

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry to hijack the thread but how hard is it to unlock the characters? I’m getting the game in part to play with family over xmas and want to unlock them so we can play the game.

(This is the one thing I hate about Nintendo’s MP games).

D

Deleted User

Sorry to hijack the thread but how hard is it to unlock the characters? I’m getting the game in part to play with family over xmas and want to unlock them so we can play the game.

I heard you unlock a fighter every other 10 minutes after unlocking a fighter. Any battle can trigger this. 1 Stock match, commit suicide and boom. A challenger appears.

I don't know if this is true. Fighters just seem to appear often for me. Making it less rewarding to unlock them

Reactions: tech3475

BruhLookAtThis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm...well the story mode is there but im not sure that in itself warrants a full $60.

But if you think you'll be playing more than just the story, i'd definitely recommend it. Perfect pickup & play game that'll last for a few years

Beerus

Gbatemp's God Of Destruction
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

for me fighters apear in random orders i lost to k rool then was expecting to fight him again next match but instead i fought simon so i think its random

Sub Zippo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long as we're asking such lucky or crafty people....
Do Amiibo trained in Sm4sh keep their training and/or custom gear in ultimate? I assume they don't have 4's custom specials.
By chance do amiibo with treasure from Sm4sh carry over some/all of their unclaimed treasure? Could someone check this?
Do amiibo do anything besides fight in the regular multiplayer mode?
Are Mii's available right away?

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Collecting every single spirit is what gonna make you keep playing long term if you are a completionist. Tourney mode will be great with family/friends tho I would assume online tourney is better if you interact with Twitch/Youtuber streamers or a discord group that host them

Last edited by MasterJ360,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo