Paul Feig and Sony know GHOSTBUSTERS SUCKS! PROOF!

Are you going to see the female Ghostbusters in Theaters?

• Yes, They Deserve My Money

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • No, After All The Insults They Don't Deserve a Cent Of My Money

Votes: 62 87.3%

• Total voters

ecartman12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you realize that now you HAVE to go see the movie on opening day to give an honest review of it right? Leslie Jones is HILARIOUS shes from SNL and shes proud to be black, female and from the hood so i dont see why people have a problem with it...
No one should go to support this movie. Especially on the opening weekend. After all the insults we have been getting including those of us that are not sexist, the movie deserves to fail.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano
S

Saiyan Lusitano

well it turns out that was the best 3d zelda according to the same people.
It's a very pretty 3D Zelda game but would never say the best.

does anyone know about the black guy who was shot by police
I can't believe you just compared a shooting to Ghostbusters. That's absolutely disgusting and heartless of you. Then again, it's not unusual for GB2016 defenders because one named Eched on IMDb/YouTube compared the Orlando shooting to GB2016 too.

ecartman12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It aint even out yet, people judging a movie based on a trailer RATHER INDICATIVE of women-hating
Its nothing to do with the fact that they are women. The trailers have done a shit job at selling the movie which is naturally what people are going to judge. Also the jokes are nothing like the original Ghostbusters movie. They are really pathetic and fall into the same category as the majority of Melissa Mcarthy's lame films. The fact that they are just slapping the Ghostbusters licence onto a crappy film just further prooves that Sony did not know what to do to Spider-Man and that they don't know what to do with Ghostbusters.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano
S

Saiyan Lusitano

LOCAL MAN WATCHES MOVIE EARLY, THINKS IT'S GARBAGE

Just you wait for yupyupyup and gameboy to call him a "sexist" and "misogynist" even though he stated he too would have liked the idea of a female Ghostbusters albeit gender-mix would've been much better.

That fella just stated what many of us already expected from all the footage Sony Pictures' released.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

Extreme Ghostbusters sucked too - but at least it didn't label anyone who refused to see it a mysogynist pig.
Even then, Extreme Ghostbusters was a direct sequel to Ghostbusters, it had Egon Spengler and even Janine. It made sense for the old Ghostbusters to pass the torch to a new generation, even if this new generation was a bunch of annoying brats.
You want a *good* example of women Ghostbusters being awesome without the franchise being shat on? IDW Comics.
new-ghostbusters-001-cover.jpg
Noooo but that has a man in it so that means sexism and women hating because it is saying women need a man.

ric.

Drivin' to meme country
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Noooo but that has a man in it so that means sexism and women hating because it is saying women need a man.
Actually the man is debatably the least competent member of the team - Kylie knows about the paranormal in general so she's a stand in for Ray, Ortiz knows about handling weapons so she's filling Winston's shoes, and Janine provides the team with Venkman-tier snark, while Ron is technically just a poor man's Egon, a blowhard who's proficient at neither the actual Ghostbusting or the maintenance of the equipment. His biggest achievement in the series was to make a cheap knockoff of the Ghostbuster's equipment, which brings the team more harm than good.

It works because these are all characters who were introduced previously, they've had contact with the Ghostbusters and have seen them do their job. They're not bumbling idiots picked at random, they have a basic idea of what needs to be done in order to properly bust a ghost, and while they lack the experience, they most certainly can fill in for Venkman, Stantz, Spengler and Zeddemore while they're gone. The reason it's so great is because it brings new blood to the series, characters with entertaining personalities and quirks, all while being respectful of the continuity and the old characters the fans know and love.

D

Deleted User

Actually the man is debatably the least competent member of the team - Kylie knows about the paranormal in general so she's a stand in for Ray, Ortiz knows about handling weapons so she's filling Winston's shoes, and Janine provides the team with Venkman-tier snark, while Ron is technically just a poor man's Egon, a blowhard who's proficient at neither the actual Ghostbusting or the maintenance of the equipment. His biggest achievement in the series was to make a cheap knockoff of the Ghostbuster's equipment, which brings the team more harm than good.

It works because these are all characters who were introduced previously, they've had contact with the Ghostbusters and have seen them do their job. They're not bumbling idiots picked at random, they have a basic idea of what needs to be done in order to properly bust a ghost, and while they lack the experience, they most certainly can fill in for Venkman, Stantz, Spengler and Zeddemore while they're gone. The reason it's so great is because it brings new blood to the series, characters with entertaining personalities and quirks, all while being respectful of the continuity and the old characters the fans know and love.
That...actually sounds really cool. Where would I go to get this comic?

ric.

Drivin' to meme country
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
That...actually sounds really cool. Where would I go to get this comic?
These comics are part of the IDW continuity - which treats both the movies and the 2009 videogame as canon (the Rookie from the games makes several appearances as Bryan Welsh). I don't know if there's a compilation or something but I'm sure you can find them on Amazon just by typing "ghostbusters idw". Or if you wanna go the pirate route, you can also get them off kat.cr, I'm sure there's a Ghostbusters comic collection torrent in there.

D

Deleted User

My mom, who just so happens to be a feminist, thinks this movie looks like its gonna be total shit. Is she a woman hater because she thinks this movie looks like ass just based off of the trailers?

D

Deleted User

My mom, who just so happens to be a feminist, thinks this movie looks like its gonna be total shit. Is she a woman hater because she thinks this movie looks like ass just based off of the trailers?
Well, it really depends what your mom believes in feminism. If she isn't on the crazy side yeah she would believe that. It's mostly the hardcore man-hating fems who spew hate at anyone who doesn't like it and praises this movie.

D

Deleted User

Well, it really depends what your mom believes in feminism. If she isn't on the crazy side yeah she would believe that. It's mostly the hardcore man-hating fems who spew hate at anyone who doesn't like it and praises this movie.
She's not really hardcore but she does believe in some things that just aren't true (e.g. the wage gap) like a very vast portion of Tumblr feminists seem to do.

ric.

Drivin' to meme country
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru

INTERNALIZED MISOGYNY

The thing, anyone with a grip on reality will tell you this movie looks like total crap. It's not a super progressive film either, Jones basically plays a stereotypical, loud black woman who joins the team for her "street smarts", while one of the big "jokes" of the film is how the Ghostbusters secretly want a piece of their stupid secretary's dick. May I add that this was never the issue with Janine in the original - she was hot and all, but the Ghostbusters kept her around because she was incredibly competent at her job. They even called her again for the sequel, years after they originally disbanded because she was that good, and helped the team hold the business together. No one ever commented on her appearance, and there was never any romantic tension between her and the guys - she made moves on Egon but he never seemed interested. So this new movie somehow manages to be less progressive than the supposedly "sexist male-centric original". Go figure.

Sony and Feig just embraced the "IT'S AN EMPOWERING AND FEMINIST FILM" angle when the original fans turned against them after the first shots of the movie were made public, I don't think it was ever designed with a feminist audience in mind.

Last edited by ric.,
D

Deleted User

INTERNALIZED MISOGYNY

The thing, anyone with a grip on reality will tell you this movie looks like total crap. It's not a super progressive film either, Jones basically plays a stereotypical, loud black woman who joins the team for her "street smarts", while one of the big "jokes" of the film is how the Ghostbusters secretly want a piece of their stupid secretary's dick. May I add that this was never the issue with Janine in the original - she was hot and all, but the Ghostbusters kept her around because she was incredibly competent at her job. They even called her again for the sequel, years after they originally disbanded because she was that good, and helped the team hold the business together.

Sony and Feig just embraced the "IT'S AN EMPOWERING AND FEMINIST FILM" angle when the original fans turned against them after the first shots of the movie were made public, I don't think it was ever designed with a feminist audience in mind.
^^^^^^^^^^This all the way

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Biomutant looks cool tho, may have to try that
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa...