Hacking PastaCFW with Gateway sysnand?

buttfactory

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey all,

Is it possible to boot into ninjhax and pastaCFW by running a cubic ninja .3ds through my gateway card in sysnand mode after selecting it from the multi-rom menu? Does anyone know if this is safe?

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
No. Gateway uses firmlaunch to launch 9.6 native firm (9.5 for n3DS). This patches memchunkhax and other exploits needed by CFW to boot once in Gateway mode. It does not matter if you boot sysnand or not. CFW will never boot from gateway mode.

This should be common knowledge by now and this question should not have required yet another thread on the topic.

Reactions: peteruk

Julizi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is there any possibility for this to get fixed in the near future? I would like to play GBA games while staying in Gateway-Mode, it's a curse to reboot your system everytime.

Does the Gateway use 9.6 Firmlaunch too if you're at 4.1-4.5?

DSpider

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Is there any possibility for this to get fixed in the near future? I would like to play GBA games while staying in Gateway-Mode, it's a curse to reboot your system everytime.

Does the Gateway use 9.6 Firmlaunch too if you're at 4.1-4.5?
Probably never.

The 3DS has hardware support for GBA/DS/DSi/3DS, with dedicated CPUs to run them, and dedicated OS'es, and it reboots when it switches OS'es.

So no, unless they come up with some sort of bootrom hack. Problem is, such a hack has never been released ever since the 3DS first hit the market.

Julizi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That's too bad.
I only got a 9.2 3DS and want to play Backups and GBA-Games on a travel. Unfortunatly there's no internet. So I need to carry all my originals -.-#

Julizi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've got both. Unfortunately my MM3D N3DS was shipped with 9.5 preinstalled so I only can use my O3DS for PastaCFW/Gateway.^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1