Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
If you felt Mario Party needed to be easier or more fair then I'm not sure you should have been playing Mario Party... Paper Mario on the other hand there is like 4 of them and the games went more childish imo as they progressed.
Well I, at least, enjoy Mario Party as a multiplayer game (Though I did complete solo mode of every Mario Party, though I missed a few faces in MP3 and many houses in MP4), sadly, very few of my friends are skilled like me, so I can either play the older MP and guarantee my victory, or play the newer ones and let my friends have a chance.

Mario Party games have and extremely big replayability value and they are still a "family board game". Paper Mario started as an comedy RPG and strayed until we got Exploration oriented games like Sticker Stars and now Color Splash which is very sad (My guess would be that Ninty wants to have the M&L series as the only RPG Mario and make Paper Mario the Adventure Mario)

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Does anyone else get the feeling that Nintendo just isn't trying right now?
Of course they aren't. All's they're doing is throwing crap at the Wii U customerbase to not feel like they don't think about them.

PolarKoala

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As a big fan of the first three games, and someone who was genuinely excited for Sticker Star and ended up pretty disappointed, I don't think I'll be opting to get this one. Maybe it'll be a decent game, but if the series is moving in a Sticker Star-esque direction from here on, I can't say I'm interested. :(

Reactions: chartube12

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HOLY CRAP, i watched the full e3 presentation and this game looks GORGEOUS. Visually this game easily one the the best games so far on any system. The 3ds version was okay but Sticker Star had a MAJOR flaw in which there was no experience points system and so defeating enemies meant nothing. And Paper Marios appearence in Mario and Luigi Jam was only okay. Both visuals the very best of gaming.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

I was watching some gameplay footage of Paper Mario Colour Splash on YouTube to consider pre-ordering it, but it looks like repackaged garbage whilst in high definition. I'm skipping this game completely.

Way to kill the Paper Mario franchise, Nintendo.

JacksonS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I loved Super Paper Mario for lots of reasons, I didn't like that the worlds were separated into 4 levels each. Sticker star made that worse by having just a world map with levels. Now, Color Splash is perpetuating that idea, so it seems like you won't be able to explore the world very much. That's too restricting and makes the game a lot less enjoyable for me.

dragon12

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I will play this with Loadiine to have an opinion. Although I enjoyed Sticker Star, this is not the direction I would like them to take with the series. -.-

Nintendo is actually listening the fans with the Zelda series, but continue to ignore the Mario fans. :angry:

[^Blark^]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thumbs down. I still don't like the battle system.....
it's cards right?, correct me if I'm wrong, but Idk if I am remembering the trailer correctly. still why not just go back to the badge/FP system. none of this if you don't have a jump card/sticker you cant use that move it's just stupid to me...

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Nintendo is trying to promote this game hard but it just looks so bland, repetitive and unoriginal. Nintendo released some new footage of it at Hyper Japan:

How hard is it for Nintendo to remaster Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door or a sequel to it? It'd be so much better than this! :(

dragon12

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
When you're skeptical about this game and Nintendo adds this:

I'm still skeptical but this is awesome. :rofl2:

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It seems to use the second screen to pick the actions. It's not exactly confirmation, but it seems like the action wheel is dead for sure.

Phantom64

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
NINTENDO.
WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS?
WHAT IN THE GODDAMN FUCK IS THIS?
DID YOU LEARN NOTHING FROM SHITKER STAR?
WHERE ARE THE COMPANIONS THAT AREN'T PEACH, BOWSER, LUIGI, OR SOME SMALL MAGICALLY ANIMATED THING?
WHERE ARE THE USEFUL TURN BASED BATTLES?
WHERE ARE THE CHARACTERS THAT AREN'T JUST KOOPAS, SHYGUYS, AND TOADS?
WHERE ARE THE NEW BITS OF LORE ABOUT THE MARIO UNIVERSE?
WHERE ARE THE STATS? WHERE ARE THE BADGES?
WHERE ARE THE 'RPG' ELEMENTS OF 'SUPER MARIO RPG'?
WHERE ARE THE GODDAMN TIMED HITS?

copy pasted

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

AND DONT EVEN TRY.
tumblr_m2tf9zUEkT1r4ajvvo1_1280.jpg

03bgood

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If only they would add a decent story and more RPG elements; then they would have slightly improved, but if they didn't; it's just Sticker Star 2. If Bowser's not the main villain, but has a similar role to the one he had in TTYD; then that's also a step in the right direction.

Last edited by 03bgood,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.