• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Pandemic Amnesty? No, people will not forgive and forget what was done to them.

omgcat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you have a source on this? all the data im seeing says that vaccinated people are dying in way higher numbers.

the stats have been showing a disparity between vaxxed and unvaxxed dying for months after the first vaccines rolled out globally. can i get a link to your data showing long term trends of vaxxed dying more?

here you go: https://doh.wa.gov/sites/default/files/2022-02/421-010-CasesInNotFullyVaccinated.pdf

and

https://medicalpartnership.usg.edu/...98-to-99-of-americans-dying-are-unvaccinated/

and

https://www.dshs.texas.gov/news/releases/2021/20211108.aspx

and

if you want to trawl the data yourself and maybe run some stats analysis for yourself here is a data set:
https://data.chhs.ca.gov/dataset/covid-19-post-vaccination-infection-data

the newest variants seem to have fully evaded the immunity gained from previous infections from alpha to omicron, and is even evading hospital risk reduction for everyone. the next population to eat it real bad are probably going to be kids who get any combination of RSV/covid/flu.

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the stats have been showing a disparity between vaxxed and unvaxxed dying for months after the first vaccines rolled out globally. can i get a link to your data showing long term trends of vaxxed dying more?

here you go: https://doh.wa.gov/sites/default/files/2022-02/421-010-CasesInNotFullyVaccinated.pdf

and

https://medicalpartnership.usg.edu/...98-to-99-of-americans-dying-are-unvaccinated/

and

https://www.dshs.texas.gov/news/releases/2021/20211108.aspx

and

if you want to trawl the data yourself and maybe run some stats analysis for yourself here is a data set:
https://data.chhs.ca.gov/dataset/covid-19-post-vaccination-infection-data

the newest variants seem to have fully evaded the immunity gained from previous infections from alpha to omicron, and is even evading hospital risk reduction for everyone. the next population to eat it real bad are probably going to be kids who get any combination of RSV/covid/flu.

none of those are reliable

edit: can you find me one that does not advocate lupron

omgcat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

can you explain why they are not reliable? also while you're at it can you post your sources as well? i'm not in the mood for sealioning:
1667704334588.png

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The interesting thing regarding the COVID-19 fiasco is that citing multiple sources speckled throughout the period between 1970 and 2019 from the NIH's PubMed database supporting the claim that antibody prevalence, in the case of coronaviruses, had, at best, a weak correlation to disease severity constituted as misinformation. I still hold to the fact that SARS-CoV-2 is a naturally occurring virus that was exaggerated and sensationalized. To be honest, we have never tracked any disease as aggressively as we did with COVID-19. Because of this, it is possible that other common cold viruses may have similar mortality if they were traced and tracked as aggressively as this coronavirus. Other such cold viruses include rhinovirus, adenovirus, enterovirus, influenza, and parainfluenza. All of these cold viruses may also cause flu or flu-like illness ranging from mild to lethal severity. Even looking at the symptoms of the common cold, influenza, SARS, MERS, and COVID-19, there's little to no difference. Disease progression also does not differ. Interestingly, there was very little talk of hypercytokinemia (cytokine storm), the primary cause of death for the 1918 Flu, SARS, and MERS; and I suspect COVID-19 due SARS-CoV-2 being related to SARS-CoV and MERS-CoV as it is a SARS-like coronavirus. This would explain the anecdotal evidence supporting the efficacy of hydroxychloroquine treatment. Hydroxychloroquine is used to treat autoimmune diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis and lupus. Hypercytokinemia is an autoimmune condition that will lead to sepsis. You know, no one talked about that and no one really cares because these facts were not put forth by neither those supporting the claim nor those opposing the claim.
Literally every publication has found that cykotine storms are what ultimately kills people ill from COVID-19, and basically any other infectious disease due to it being a normal escalation step of the immune system getting overrun by viruses or bacteria.

A cykotine storm, that is caused by a heavy infection and not due to an autoimmune disorder, is a last ditch effort by the immune system to just mobilize every single memory cell, helper cell, and anything else it has access to whether they're relevant to the disease or not. The reason for this is that the body is already in the process of dying and it's a last ditch effort to kill the infection before it kills the host.

Hydroxychloroquine doesn't work as a treatment against covid-19 because it affects a different mechanism that may cause an incorrect activation of a cykotine storm, and is not relevant when the activation is "proper".
Another contributing factor was the overuse of ventilators. This likely led to poor sanitary maintenance of the machines and equipment, allowing pathogenic bacterial growth such as Streptococcus pneumoniae. Such poor sanitary maintenance would allow opportunistic lung infection leading to an increase in pneumonia occurrences. This pneumonia would need to be treated with antibiotics due to the presence of a bacterial infection. If left untreated, the likelihood of hypercytokinemia increases. Again, I never heard anyone speak of this as a potential contributing factor to the mortality observed during 2020-2021. Again, I assume most do not care regardless of their partisanized opinion on the matter. The last couple years made me painfully aware that people are generally opposed to reality outside of their precious pocket computer screens, those "black mirrors." The majority's preoccupation with the "hyper reality" of the digital metaverse makes them vulnerable to stupefaction.
Vast swathes of COVID-19 victims have been obducted and their tissues analyzed, no bacerial infections have been found at higher rates than expected, which means very low. However victims that already had a compromised immune system are more likely to get hit with a double whammy as the covid-19 gets worse and causes damage to the lungs, making a secondary infection more likely to take root.
I still seethe over the Forbes opinion article titled, "You Must Not ‘Do Your Own Research’ When It Comes To Science." This is because science is not some esoteric knowledge reserved for lofty technocratic initiates in which the profane plebeians are incapable of comprehension. The venerated expert does not hold a monopoly on what they consider to be "gnostic" truth. In this respect, I tend to agree with G.K. Chesterton's sentiment in Heretics (1905), in which I agreed with in 2019 and I was strongly affirmed in 2020:
You aren't doing research when you read a research paper and don't understand the intricacies of the subject matter, you're basically hoping the language is simple enough you can understand the words and then hope you have the knowledge to properly contextualize what you just read. And in things as complex as the immune system that is very unlikely to be the case unless you actually studied the subject.
There's an entire workfield dedicated to taking research papers and scientific studies jargon to translate it back into everyday English while also giving an abstract of the relevant context to help put it into perspective and communicate what it's actually trying to say to the masses.
Science communication is that field, and one great example that's relevant in this context is Philipp Dettmer and his book "Immune! A journey into the mysterious system that keeps you alive", which basically got written for the express purpose of taking one of the most complex systems known to mankind and actually attempt to help make it understandable to everyone and not just people who have studied the immune system for a decade or longer. And even then the book constantly reminds people that it is an oversimplification and that the actual deal is far more complex than can be condensed into 400 pages
i agree, why are you doing that, all i did was ask for accurate sources from institutions that havent lied to the public for years.
The CDC hasn't lied to anyone, it's an agency that has to collect and interpret data and as a result may have to readjust their position later as more data is collected.
The data they have collected has always been correct, the recommendations they have made based on the data they had at any given time, was always made with our best understanding of the science behind it and a big heaping of caution for safety.
Unless you presume that the CDC should be clairvoyant to only make true the statements at any given time the reality is going to be they're going to have to make educated guesses at some points, and those may end up wrong once the facts actually become known after it has happened and has been analyzed proper.
For example masks have been recommended because they inhibit how quickly and how far the breath of a person carries, which in turn means aerosol that may contain a viral load will also subsequently travel a short distance and fall to the ground earlier. And when we didn't know how big exactly the viruses were the recommendation was to try and wear any mask one may get their hands on just in case.

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Literally every publication has found that cykotine storms are what ultimately kills people ill from COVID-19, and basically any other infectious disease due to it being a normal escalation step of the immune system getting overrun by viruses or bacteria.

A cykotine storm, that is caused by a heavy infection and not due to an autoimmune disorder, is a last ditch effort by the immune system to just mobilize every single memory cell, helper cell, and anything else it has access to whether they're relevant to the disease or not. The reason for this is that the body is already in the process of dying and it's a last ditch effort to kill the infection before it kills the host.

Hydroxychloroquine doesn't work as a treatment against covid-19 because it affects a different mechanism that may cause an incorrect activation of a cykotine storm, and is not relevant when the activation is "proper".

Vast swathes of COVID-19 victims have been obducted and their tissues analyzed, no bacerial infections have been found at higher rates than expected, which means very low. However victims that already had a compromised immune system are more likely to get hit with a double whammy as the covid-19 gets worse and causes damage to the lungs, making a secondary infection more likely to take root.

You aren't doing research when you read a research paper and don't understand the intricacies of the subject matter, you're basically hoping the language is simple enough you can understand the words and then hope you have the knowledge to properly contextualize what you just read. And in things as complex as the immune system that is very unlikely to be the case unless you actually studied the subject.
There's an entire workfield dedicated to taking research papers and scientific studies jargon to translate it back into everyday English while also giving an abstract of the relevant context to help put it into perspective and communicate what it's actually trying to say to the masses.
Science communication is that field, and one great example that's relevant in this context is Philipp Dettmer and his book "Immune! A journey into the mysterious system that keeps you alive", which basically got written for the express purpose of taking one of the most complex systems known to mankind and actually attempt to help make it understandable to everyone and not just people who have studied the immune system for a decade or longer. And even then the book constantly reminds people that it is an oversimplification and that the actual deal is far more complex than can be condensed into 400 pages

The CDC hasn't lied to anyone, it's an agency that has to collect and interpret data and as a result may have to readjust their position later as more data is collected.
The data they have collected has always been correct, the recommendations they have made based on the data they had at any given time, was always made with our best understanding of the science behind it and a big heaping of caution for safety.
Unless you presume that the CDC should be clairvoyant to only make true the statements at any given time the reality is going to be they're going to have to make educated guesses at some points, and those may end up wrong once the facts actually become known after it has happened and has been analyzed proper.
For example masks have been recommended because they inhibit how quickly and how far the breath of a person carries, which in turn means aerosol that may contain a viral load will also subsequently travel a short distance and fall to the ground earlier. And when we didn't know how big exactly the viruses were the recommendation was to try and wear any mask one may get their hands on just in case.

so everything you said in relation to me, is completely false. They absolutely lied when they said they tested it, they did not. The said you couldnt pass on the infection once you got the vaccine, that was also a lie, they said masks are effective, the god of science fauci, said they werent then lied and said they were i assume kickbacks were involved, now they are saying they arent again, and for the record, there are a few studies around saying at BEST masks are inconclusive

oh and that " grifter" malone says masks only filter about 12% you have to do better.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
I know a lot of you here are in favor of the Covid Vaccine and that's fine, but don't try to push it on to others. Let each and everyone make their own decision respectfully.
I haven't even watched the video, so I have no opinion on that, but I completely agree with this statement.

I chose to trust the vaccine. I'm fine with that. But I'm not fine with the posing, virtue signaling, harassing and persecution of others. One thing is to try to convince somebody, a different thing is trying to force somebody. And one thing that just the putrid society we live in could do is to actively cast people away and diminish them in a time of need. Humanity.
We should force the vaccine on people ala X-Men 3: The Last Stand style.

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
so everything you said in relation to me, is completely false. They absolutely lied when they said they tested it, they did not. The said you couldnt pass on the infection once you got the vaccine, that was also a lie, they said masks are effective, the god of science fauci, said they werent then lied and said they were i assume kickbacks were involved, now they are saying they arent again, and for the record, there are a few studies around saying at BEST masks are inconclusive

oh and that " grifter" malone says masks only filter about 12% you have to do better.
Go and find me sources from the CDC where any of those things you claimed were written. The copies are up on the waybackmachine and other such internet archival sites.

You will find they said none of that, or the statements are taken wildly out of context and are meaningless without said context.

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go and find me sources from the CDC where any of those things you claimed were written. The copies are up on the waybackmachine and other such internet archival sites.

You will find they said none of that, or the statements are taken wildly out of context and are meaningless without said context.

well malone doesnt work for the CDC so you can find that on JRC, i can send you a video link of joe brandon, birx and fauci saying you cant spread it, i can also send you a video of a director as pfizer saying they didnt test it, would that suffice?

for the record, i have these videos ( with links) and yes, they did say all these things, and the surrounding context for them.

Mythrandir

Life-long Learner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It is not necessarily true that the body is already in the dying process when hypercytokinemia occurs. The most famous example being the 1918 Spanish Flu. Documentation, as well as discussions during my undergrad, indicated that mortality was higher among those with vigorous immune systems while mortality was lower in populations with less vigorous immune systems contrary to previous flu strains, hence the 2009 H1N1 scare. From my understanding, the trigger for hypercytokinemia is not well understood.

Whether or not hydroxychloroquine will not treat COVID-19 is, in my understanding, undetermined. It was a controversial treatment for SARS and, if my memory is correct, MERS as well, though the claims are only supported by anecdotal observation.

From what was discussed during my undergrad and what I've later read, most colds, flus, and flu-like illnesses are complexes of multiple pathogenic infections, especially those of severe illness, which often includes complexes of viral and bacterial pathogens. During my undergrad, it was discussed that ventilators are infamously difficult for proper sanitary maintenance, a known contributing factor of SARS mortality. Due to the COVID-19 hysteria, it is not unreasonable to assume that proper sanitary protocol was not followed when healthcare providers already had difficulty following these protocols before 2020. It is surprising to me that bacterial lung infections would be low considering increased ventilator use. This factor alone should have increased the occurrence of bacterial lung infection, especially considering healthcare service providers were beyond capacity and under staffed, which should have also increased occurrences as this would have made it more difficult to follow proper sanitary maintenance protocol.

Such a discipline is also more generally referred to as hermeneutics. Although the term is more popularly applied to biblical interpretation, the concept is applied by everyone everyday to any communication medium. The language of the original text does not need to already be simplified for the audience if they are willing to put forth the effort to learn any unfamiliar terminology or concept required to understand and interpret, in context, the text of concern. No initiation into secret knowledge is necessary, contrary to the claims of gnostic technocrats.

I do recognize the complexity of immunology, hence my skepticism of mRNA "vaccines." Biomolecular processes are complex and not nearly as well understood as the venerated experts claim they are. Some things we know pretty well, while others we only think we know.

Claiming that mRNA based treatments are not a class of gene therapy has misinformed the majority of people regarding the subject of genetic expression. Genetic expression is protein expression, in which mRNA is a necessary component. Also, the promotion of COVID-19 antiviral drugs is, at best, reckless. The toxicity of nucleotide/nucleoside analogs (Merck's mulnupiravir) as well as protease inhibitors (Pfizer's Paxlovid) are not well communicated by the FDA, CDC, WHO, pharmaceutical manufacturers, nor popular media. Communicating such concerns regarding toxicity, citing reputable sources through the NIH's PubMed database, is deemed the malicious spread of misinformation because so-called fact checkers have determined that all raised concerns are the lunatic ravings of anti-science plebeians lacking any comprehension or formal education of molecular biology for the absurd fantasy that anonymous democratic consensus is reality.

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

This is the exact problem with people like you claiming to want an earnest debate. You ask for sources and then when you're given them, you dismiss them as untrustworthy based on some invisible and hitherto undeclared criteria that I suspect you're making up on the spot.

What's your reasoning that these sources don't work as evidence? Quick reminder that choosing to go for an ad hominem attack is basically saying 'I don't have one I'm just making it up as I go along', so please do actually answer the question in good faith.

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This is the exact problem with people like you claiming to want an earnest debate. You ask for sources and then when you're given them, you dismiss them as untrustworthy based on some invisible and hitherto undeclared criteria that I suspect you're making up on the spot.

What's your reasoning that these sources don't work as evidence? Quick reminder that choosing to go for an ad hominem attack is basically saying 'I don't have one I'm just making it up as I go along', so please do actually answer the question in good faith.

True but you can't change that the government and even some of those health organisations did lie A LOT! over the last 3 years so its hard to believe those kind of sources.

I know in Germany we do have some "famours" virologists who openly told us for almost 2 years now that Corona will be endemic and that vaccination against it only makes sense for old people and that masks hardly help especially when you aren't old and or ill but those guys often where badmouthed by others who thought otherwise so everything they said was supposedly bullshit.

Now we should trust those organisations that weren't able to properly discuss something with actuall scientists (and there were more then just one or two even though it became less and less as they were all scared to talk openly) and just take everything they say for granted ?

Like I for one always watched statista.de thay provide statistics about almost everything and are even paid (at least partially) by our government and most of their statistics were never mentioned in the media at all.
Best example is they were daily preaching about 200-300 people that died again "today" but look at the statistics, normaly in Germany its ~3500 so yeah 200-300 is hardly anything if you know that but they used it to cause panic.
Also within 3 years less then 1000 people below the age of 30 died "with" corona, thats absolutely nothing so why bother with a vaccination that could possibly also cause harm like some severe side effects and even long covid.
Right now almost all corona infections they find are side findings on people that had to go to the hospital for something else.

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
True but you can't change that the government and even some of those health organisations did lie A LOT! over the last 3 years so its hard to believe those kind of sources.

I know in Germany we do have some "famours" virologists who openly told us for almost 2 years now that Corona will be endemic and that vaccination against it only makes sense for old people and that masks hardly help especially when you aren't old and or ill but those guys often where badmouthed by others who thought otherwise so everything they said was supposedly bullshit.

Now we should trust those organisations that weren't able to properly discuss something with actuall scientists (and there were more then just one or two even though it became less and less as they were all scared to talk openly) and just take everything they say for granted ?

Like I for one always watched statista.de thay provide statistics about almost everything and are even paid (at least partially) by our government and most of their statistics were never mentioned in the media at all.
Best example is they were daily preaching about 200-300 people that died again "today" but look at the statistics, normaly in Germany its ~3500 so yeah 200-300 is hardly anything if you know that but they used it to cause panic.
Also within 3 years less then 1000 people below the age of 30 died "with" corona, thats absolutely nothing so why bother with a vaccination that could possibly also cause harm like some severe side effects and even long covid.
Right now almost all corona infections they find are side findings on people that had to go to the hospital for something else.
That's true, I don't have an issue with distrusting certain sources because of what they are (UK tabloids being a strong example) or who they're tied to. What I do have an issue with is somebody asking for scientific evidence and dismissing a handful of disinterested sources which provide that evidence — especially when they then go on to parrot the same things that conspiracy theorists are saying with no evidence of their own.

Reactions: Youkai

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

look idk what ed elrics dad has anything to do with anything but its like i said, whene the sources lie constantly, that makes them unreliable, sorry.

Delerious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I kind of find the notion of "Pandemic Amnesty" stupid to begin with. Most people aren't going to be thinking about this in their daily lives anyway, especially after a few years.

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
look idk what ed elrics dad has anything to do with anything but its like i said, whene the sources lie constantly, that makes them unreliable, sorry.
Had to Google that name. Of all the things I thought you might respond with, an anime reference was not one of them. Oh brother.

I think that’s all the answer I need. I can tell you’re a good person but yeah, something tells me it would be morally wrong to keep pressing you. Let’s leave it here.

sith

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i cant believe catboy, zxi and other like them (Osakasan) still show up to these threads and try to maintain the straight up government propaganda bullshit that everyone with a brain knew a year ago was outright false and even the dumbest among us now have come to grips with and realized the reality, covid shots are harmful experiments against a lab leak virus, without any efficacy, not producing secretory immunoglobulins while programing our immune cells to make ace2 cleaving, disease causing spike protein..in spite of all that we have the wilfully ignorant trolls of gbatemp to come and suggest nonsense like we've beaten the coof and the flu with vaccines hahaha

omgcat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i cant believe catboy, zxi and other like them (Osakasan) still show up to these threads and try to maintain the straight up government propaganda bullshit that everyone with a brain knew a year ago was outright false and even the dumbest among us now have come to grips with and realized the reality, covid shots are harmful experiments against a lab leak virus, without any efficacy, not producing secretory immunoglobulins while programing our immune cells to make ace2 cleaving, disease causing spike protein..in spite of all that we have the wilfully ignorant trolls of gbatemp to come and suggest nonsense like we've beaten the coof and the flu with vaccines hahaha

except we haven't beaten the flu, most vaccines do not impart perfect immunity (hence the need for boosters), and that isn't how spike proteins work. i'm really wondering if GBAtemp just attracts people with TBIs or something.

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Well as you can see in my former posts I am also kinda against what most governments told us about Corona but then again not everything the Government says is per se wrong or bad !

In this case I feel that they tend to hide the truth a lot of times like not actually lying a lot but just phrasing it so that it sounds much worse then it is trying to hide their own mistakes.

As I was kind of a fan of how Sweden went with the Pandemic, hardly no mask mandatory at all no vaccination mandatory but they also still asked at least old people to get the Vaccination which I think is okay, watching the statistics for old people the benefits of the Vaccination does make sense even compared to the risks while imho it doesn't make much sense for young people.
And the worst part ist that some of the officials in the Government as well as news agencies stir up the people to kinda hunt unvaccinated down and make them miserable even though there is no proper reason for it as well as there are reports (at least here in Germany) that also say wearing mask to much can cause your immune system to get weaker as well as that it doesn't do much if you are forced as most people use it wrong if they don't want to use it making it completely useless waste production.

People should just protect themselves however they want and as long as the vaccination doesn't make you 100% stop giving the virus to someone else there is no reason why anyone should be forced to get a vaccination like this. If it would make you 100% stop spreading I could somehow understand it even though then again its not my job to save others but then it would make sense and a lot of people might get it just because they actutally would want to "help"

Marc_LFD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This video covers perfectly why we'll never forgive and never forget. It's absolutely disgusting to hear them say it themselves, but goes to show why freedom should never be taken for granted.

Our ancestors died to keep us free and these dictators wanted to get us under control under the pretense of "health."

Reactions: sith

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3