• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Pandemic Amnesty? No, people will not forgive and forget what was done to them.

Marc_LFD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Now that it's "over," the media is asking for forgiveness and to forget how the unvaxxed were so disrespected, harassed, mocked, coerced, and threatened if they didn't take the shot.

No, they (and those who have those same views) don't get to attack people (even if it's just emotionally) and we all just forgive and forget, nope, that ain't happening. People need to be held accountable for their actions so that they don't have an inflated ego and try to belittle others for having different views and concerns about their own health in regards to taking an injection.

I know a lot of you here are in favor of the Covid Vaccine and that's fine, but don't try to push it on to others. Let each and everyone make their own decision respectfully.

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you have my support here, ill take reparation's, arrests for the mandates, and a public apology. I would also take new found interest from the ladies since im miocarditis free

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
What are you gonna do about it
This. I'm gonna keep on mocking every grown "man" who's afraid of a little poke in the shoulder for the sake of preventative care. Following the trend, I'm surprised y'all can even handle brushing your teeth regularly, though I'm sure plenty of you don't do that either.

Being flat-out stupid does not make you a rebel.

Last edited by Xzi,

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Nah, anti-vaxxors were and are wrong, they don't deserve forgiveness for spreading misinformation and costing the lives of countless people.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's not the people who didn't take the vaccine who are asking for amnesty is it?

Reactions: Cylent1

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This. I'm gonna keep on mocking every grown "man" who's afraid of a little poke in the shoulder for the sake of preventative care. Following the trend, I'm surprised y'all can even handle brushing your teeth regularly, though I'm sure plenty of you don't do that either.

Being flat-out stupid does not make you a rebel.
I'm not scared of a needle, but seeing the side effects my parent and siblings went through after getting the poke scared me into not getting it. I'm not an anti-vaxer for all vaxes, but I won't get a covid vax. And even after the side effects they went through, we all ended up getting Covid at the same time anyway, and it was mild. Just stuff tasting weird for 2 weeks, and a fever.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's not the people who didn't take the vaccine who are asking for amnesty is it?
I legit don’t know who’s asking, I am not going to lie. But regardless, anti-vax crowd doesn’t deserve to be forgiven for their actions. Unless they finally realized that they were wrong, then they should be forgiven

Reactions: SylverReZ

GBAer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I legit don’t know who’s asking, I am not going to lie. But regardless, anti-vax crowd doesn’t deserve to be forgiven for their actions. Unless they finally realized that they were wrong, then they should be forgiven
Forgiveness for what exactly? Explain how one person not being vaccinated threatens the life of another?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Forgiveness for what exactly? Explain how one person not being vaccinated threatens the life of another?
One person not being vaccinated increases the risk of spreading the virus to those around them. The issue isn't just one person though, it's an entire movement of misinformation that had contributed to covid spreading faster and with greater effectiveness. Going deeper into the fact that anti-vaxxors have caused the spread and increase the rise of preventable diseases like mumps, measles, and so on. It's not just one person or one person, it's a movement that cost the health and lives of countless people.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Excuse me... The media is asking forgiveness for the UNVACCINATED people? Fucking serious? Those crybabies who claim their "personal freedom" is more important than the wellbeing of our species? They fucking power the rest of the world an apology for their irresponsible mad behavior.

Have i told you that a year ago we were forced to ban unvaccinated people from our restaurants but could do nothing about the fact that my colleague(who might still not have gotten his first shot for all we know) could still go in and do his job because it involved going to these stores? The guy had the nerve to be disgruntled that the rest of us got half a day off to get to the vaccination center.
Out how about the fact that republican states who downplayed the importance had higher covid death counts than less moronic states?

Also... Just how 'over' is it really, though? My mother had her fourth shot a couple months back. She had gotten covid(again) about a week ago and is still having symptoms today (well... Yesterday afternoon).

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, feels so good to be a pure blood and not have to worry about blood clots, myocarditis or heart attacks. No apologies necessary I feel great.

Also... Just how 'over' is it really, though? My mother had her fourth shot a couple months back. She had gotten covid(again) about a week ago and is still having symptoms today (well... Yesterday afternoon).

At some point maybe you should go "hrmm, maybe this vaccine doesn't do anything" but nah just keep doing what your Government tells you to do keep getting more and more clot shots (because more are coming) and think they have your best interest at heart. You should get on your knees and pray to your Government for protection and it'll really help you in the future.

You can't make a vaccine in the time period covid hit and the time it came out, in fact it was reviewed already December 2019 before covid was even a big deal anywhere but China. There's supposed to be 3-5 years of clinical trials for any vaccine. Covid and the vaccine are a scam I hope one day the world wakes up to that.

Last edited by Jayinem,
Reactions: sith and mrdude
Trophies
XP
At some point maybe you should go "hrmm, maybe this vaccine doesn't do anything"

If I recall weren't most of the Covid vaccines mRNA sequenced injections, tasked with the purpose of decreasing hospitalization - not necessarily keeping you from getting sick?

I'm not trying to state a fact, as I will fully accept the fact that I might be wrong. Not as well versed in this topic anymore so my memory is fuzzy lol.

titan_tim

(Can't shut up)
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The people who were whining about their personal freedoms are trying to be the victims here?! LOL! GTFO!

Those same people who didn't want to mask up, or take the vaccine actively helped spread the virus more than the people who did got the jab and wore masks. This whole slog has been over three years, but could have been contained earlier if it weren't for the weakest links of our society.
Post automatically merged:

If I recall weren't most of the Covid vaccines mRNA sequenced injections, tasked with the purpose of decreasing hospitalization - not necessarily keeping you from getting sick?
All vaccines are there for training your body on how to deal with an external virus. You introduce a dying version of that virus, and your body easily kills it and learns from that experience. The next time the virus infects your system, the immune system response is faster at identifying it, and removing it.

In the case of covid, it has statistically caused hospitalizations for vaccinated people to drop immensely, because their immune system can easily take care of the virus. The vast majority of people there are unvaccinated, especially for those on ventilators.

People out there seem to think that vaccines are a shield that will prevent infections. That's never been the case in the history of vaccines.

Last edited by titan_tim,

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
There was never any chance to "contain" this, and it hasn't been contained. It never will be "contained". The vaccines was a capitalistic venture that "politicians" (aka inside traders of law and stock) and pharmaceutical companies (aka politicians) were on like white on rice. It was never, ever, humanitarian. Overpromise, underdeliver, then shift the blame.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Ah, feels so good to be a pure blood and not have to worry about blood clots, myocarditis or heart attacks. No apologies necessary I feel great.
This implies you believe it's an issue. They're all edge cases. But ey... At least you're not peddling the more insane theories.
At some point maybe you should go "hrmm, maybe this vaccine doesn't do anything" but nah just keep doing what your Government tells you to do keep getting more and more clot shots (because more are coming) and think they have your best interest at heart. You should get on your knees and pray to your Government for protection and it'll really help you in the future.
It's no different from a flu shot: it protects against the worse effects. Not against the disease itself.
As to the effect: I'm not looking at individual cases but hospital occupations. And in that case, it's pretty much standard fare again rather than the near overwhelming of the last years.

Also: i believe in virologists and medical staff. Our government was slow and inadequate. Still better than some countries, but i take offense at your assumption that i do more than condone my government. Please don't make these assumptions, as i never said or implied I'm a sucker for them.

You can't make a vaccine in the time period covid hit and the time it came out, in fact it was reviewed already December 2019 before covid was even a big deal anywhere but China. There's supposed to be 3-5 years of clinical trials for any vaccine. Covid and the vaccine are a scam I hope one day the world wakes up to that.
We could, we did. Worldwide cooperation and the fact it's a branch of an already familiar branch of virii (corona is the brand, covid 19 just the most potent member of the family). This isn't a secret either, so why mention this piece of information?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That sick boy yo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was hoping I could add a custom ROM to this fire HD 10 tablet but guess no one's made twrp available
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Root it? Lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    That shit is so locked down, tighter than a nun's ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know if that's even possible for the firmware
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can remove the bloat ware and ads easily but can't install a rom
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig...