Pac-Man 99 announced as an exclusive game for Nintendo Switch Online subscribers

Miss playing Super Mario 35? There's a new quirky "battle royale" in town, following in the footsteps of Tetris 99. Available solely to Nintendo Switch players that have Nintendo Switch Online memberships, Pac-Man 99 is a new take on a classic. You'll be playing Pac-Man, but with power-ups, and versus 98 other players, attempting to be the last Pac-Man standing, as you eat ghosts and send them to other players' games. In addition to the main game, there will also be DLC packs, which offer skins that make the game look like other arcade classics, or one that adds single-player offline content. Pac-Man 99 launches later tonight, on the Nintendo Switch eShop.

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
fair enough, although I still feel that Nintendo isn't doing a good job nowadays, releasing suspitious updates, releasing the same genre of games and taking down fan projects... not cool...
Aside from releasing the same genre of games, I agree with your other points.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
I focus on themes but they could easily release other quality of life improvements like folders or a browser... but I do agree that it's better than nothing.
It never was a metter of chose one over another, but I still prefer new games over OS improvements. Video Game consoles were made to play video games after all.

Reactions: banjo2

BitMasterPlus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks ok I guess? Although it seems like these types of games tend to be removed from the store after a couple of months.

James_

aka Viator_ or 'that Meowstic guy'
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm probably gonna play this a lot and then probably drop off it after 2 weeks like I did with Mario 35

Still though, Pac-Man battle royale is a brilliant idea and I dunno why they didn't do this sooner

the logo reeks of g r a p h i k d e s i g n though ngl

fair enough, although I still feel that Nintendo isn't doing a good job nowadays, releasing suspitious updates, releasing the same genre of games and taking down fan projects... not cool...
Although I agree with the fan games part I'm not sure about the 'suspitious updates'. Either I missed a lot, or you're calling stability updates suspicious

Last edited by James_,
D

Deleted User

I was too young for the original Pac-Man launch, so it never had the allure Golden Axe, Shinobi, Ninja Spirit, Ghost N' Goblins, Kiki Kaikai, Wonder Boy, Cabal and TMNT - all games that I played at the local shops and supermarkets, have for my rose-tinted glasses.

That said, from the NAMCO lineup, Galaga is a title that was on the way out in Sydney, only found at the Airport in my day, but I had a large Game & Watch-esque arcade cabinet clone which I played to death; my enjoyment of the Bullet Hell Genre can be attributed to that toy and this IP.

So while I'm not too interested in a Pac-Man Battle Royale, a Galaga 100 does sound appealing.

Reactions: Xzi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • x65943 @ x65943:
    lmao, how did that guy get elected
  • x65943 @ x65943:
    I realize it's a small town, but a known drug user whose malpractice led to the death of a 3 year old
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Yeah it's pretty messed up
    Not even a real Dr lol
    And a shoot out with the police is like RoboCop lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Temp is back back again
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    why were servers down?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Because it was telling a friend
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, telling what?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Maintenance most likely.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, understandable
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hopefully it wasn't a DDoS attack.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i was already believing that was the reason it was down
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, The response from the page said it had too many connections. So perhaps, flooded traffic?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, it didnt say that for me
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, It only shows that if you do 'View Source', right below that it'll tell you the SQL response query. I feel like a nerd lol.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    But for everyone, it said unexpected database error.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just said database error for me
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, she said it only said "too many connections" when you view the source
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    btw gonna try to actually beat touhou 6
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Have fun.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i recall playing some hard undertale fangames way before playing touhou, like the genocide asgore fangame or the mettaton neo 2.0 one
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    so atleast im already kinda used to bullet hell games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and yea i played both undertale and deltarune too although those are a piece of cake compared to any touhou game
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: and yea i played both undertale and deltarune too although those are a piece of cake compared...