• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

opinions on teaching about lgbtq+ in school

Status
Not open for further replies.

trepp0

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
whats wrong with telling kids that feeling how they want is okay?- im not saying to force anything
Because the school should be there only to teach basic educations, like math, science, engineering, English, etc. Leave the social stuff tot he parents.

Reactions: SylverReZ

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I mean... it depends on what you mean by that. Should kids be told gay people exist? Sure, I think so. Should we go more in depth? That depends how old they are.
I disagree with the idea that people should be labeled as gay or straight in the first place. It might be considered a fringe pov for some.

Bunjolio

the prettiest girl ever
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because the school should be there only to teach basic educations, like math, science, engineering, English, etc. Leave the social stuff tot he parents.
what about sex ed, that's very important to be taught to teenagers

trepp0

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
im saying that like letting them know that it is normal and ok. I dont know the age to be fair, but they should be able to feel accepted and know that if they feel different they can do so and be accepted
You keep saying the same damn thing over and over again « They should know that they are accepted » when its not the schools place to teach that.

Reactions: SylverReZ

osm70

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I disagree with the idea that people should be labeled as gay or straight in the first place. It might be considered a fringe pov for some.
Well, I wasn't talking about labels here and I agree they can be damaging in some circumstances. Alright, let me rephrase:

Kids should be told that there are some people who are not strictly in love with the opposite sex.

trepp0

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
what about sex ed, that's very important to be taught to teenagers
That goes along with science. LGBTQ+ teaching is very much a social thing that should be left to parents.
Post automatically merged:

Also, this thread goes hard with some of its opinions
I grew up thinking adults were mature, only to find out that they're literally just children with wrinkles.

since Trump was president a lot of self proclaimed "left wing" bigots think they are saving the world

I think he's having trouble understanding whether or not his feelings indicate that he belongs to a flag.

What happened to math?? Oh, right, math is racist.

What you are talking about is the completely insane things being taught in school. Anyway, Im not really getting anywhere and I want to play video games.

No thanks

It's not the schools place to nurture and encourage ones sexuality. That's the parents job.
Those are some of the best quotes i could find

Bunjolio

the prettiest girl ever
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You keep saying the same damn thing over and over again « They should know that they are accepted » when its not the schools place to teach that.
im sorry, its just some teens or kids might not understand that, kids can be assholes, bullying sucks

osm70

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
me being bisexual isnt the same as you posting about having intercourse with your wife

That's not what Hanafadua is saying. The message meant that POSTING about it is the same. POSTING about being bisexual is the same about posting about having intercourse.

Again, I am not stating my opinion here, I am explaining that message, they way I understood it.

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem is everyone thinks they have a right to belong, feel supported, be accepted and be happy. I have news for you,

ALL OF US HUMANS ARE NEEDY ALIENATED WEIRDOS. YOU DON'T DESERVE ANYTHING AND YOU'RE ALL WRONG 99% OF THE TIME!

Everyone pushes their version of everything. You all need to stop talking about yourselves as if your condition applies to everyone. We're all weird. If we just stop waiving flags and pointing fingers about all of it things would be a lot better.

We all need to struggle. It's in our DNA. It's how we evolve. Humans need problems. Religion, politics, wealth, fashion, sexuality, race, gender issues etc etc is all imaginary bullshit created by people who have no real problems. If you were fighting for food or dodging bullets none of this shit would matter. Some people like soldiers and police put themselves in harm's way so you can have your easy breezy lives so you just make problems! You celebrate YOU and your bullshit instead of the people who make your padded lives possible. Selfish, entitled, ungrateful and juvenile.

Forcing people to see your problems as theirs is ridiculous. Pretending you have a right to make anyone else uncomfortable or force them to accept your crap so you can feel warm and fuzzy is selfish. Left or right, gay or straight, rich or poor. Muslim or Jew. We're all freaks. Just own it. You don't have to teach it. It's part of who you are. Just teach people to respect everyone. Leave the bullshit out of the conversation. We all know we're different. pointing out differences and putting people in boxes just causes more problems.

Human should be all that matters.

Special interest groups don't want equality. They want to feel superior. Be like me be like me! They want to change you! How you think what you do and who you do it with in the name of equality. It's all bullshit.

School should be for facts. Period. Teach that we're all flawed and all different. Teach people to shut up and be respectful. Everything else is bullshit pack mentality. Leave the children out of it. Parents should do the same. Bonzai parenting is shameful. Kids don't care and shouldn't be bothered. Get a grip. We're all just human. That bullshit notion of "people who are like me" is harmful and fake.

THERE IS NOBODY LIKE YOU!

osm70

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
The problem is everyone thinks they have a right to belong, feel supported, be accepted and be happy. I have news for you,

ALL OF US HUMANS ARE NEEDY ALIENATED WEIRDOS. YOU DON'T DESERVE ANYTHING AND YOU'RE ALL WRONG 99% OF THE TIME!

Everyone pushes their version of everything. You all need to stop talking about yourselves as if your condition applies to everyone. We're all weird. If we just stop waiving flags and pointing fingers about all of it things would be a lot better.

We all need to struggle. It's in our DNA. It's how we evolve. Humans need problems. Religion, politics, wealth, fashion, sexuality, race, gender issues etc etc is all imaginary bullshit created by people who have no real problems. If you were fighting for food or dodging bullets none of this shit would matter. Some people like soldiers and police put themselves in harm's way so you can have your easy breezy lives so you just make problems! You celebrate YOU and your bullshit instead of the people who make your padded lives possible.
Selfish, entitled, ungrateful and juvenile.

Forcing people to see your problems as theirs is ridiculous. Pretending you have a right to make anyone else uncomfortable or force them to accept your crap so you can feel warm and fuzzy is selfish. Left or right, gay or straight, rich or poor. Muslim or Jew. We're all freaks. Just own it. You don't have to teach it. It's part of who you are. Just teach people to respect everyone. Leave the bullshit out of the conversation. We all know we're different. pointing out differences and putting people in boxes just causes more problems.

Special interest groups don't want equality. They want to feel superior. Be like me be like me! They want to change you! How you think what you do and who you do it with in the name of equality. It's all bullshit.

School should be for facts. Period. Teach that we're all flawed and all different. Teach people to shut up and be respectful. Everything else is bullshit pack mentality. Leave the children out of it. Parents should do the same. Bonzai parenting is shameful. Kids don't care and shouldn't be bothered. Get a grip. We're all just human. That bullshit notion of "people who are like me" is harmful and fake.

Based on your own logic, aren't you as flawed and "looking for problems" as everyone else?

trepp0

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

We all need to struggle. It's in our DNA. It's how we evolve. Humans need problems. Religion, politics, wealth, fashion, sexuality, race, gender issues etc etc is all imaginary bullshit created by people who have no real problems. If you were fighting for food or dodging bullets none of this shit would matter. Some people like soldiers and police put themselves in harm's way so you can have your easy breezy lives so you just make problems! You celebrate YOU and your bullshit instead of the people who make your padded lives possible.
Selfish, entitled, ungrateful and juvenile.

You have managed to put what i have thought for so long into words while i couldn’t. Thank you.
Post automatically merged:

Based on your own logic, aren't you as flawed and "looking for problems" as everyone else?
Yup.

Bunjolio

the prettiest girl ever
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not what Hanafadua is saying. The message meant that POSTING about it is the same. POSTING about being bisexual is the same about posting about having intercourse.

Again, I am not stating my opinion here, I am explaining that message, they way I understood it.
oh i worded it wrong, i meant me posting about being bisexual

WalterSlovotsky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We didn't have sex ed until I was 13. I think that's about the appropriate age to start educating kids on sex. Once they have hit puberty.

Before then, just let them BE kids. They will have their entire lives to wade through the murky waters of human sexuality.

Just let kids be kids.

Reactions: mikefor20

Bunjolio

the prettiest girl ever
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We didn't have sex ed until I was 13. I think that's about the appropriate age to start educating kids on sex. Once they have hit puberty.

Before then, just let them BE kids. They will have their entire lives to wade through the murky waters of human sexuality.

Just let kids be kids.
i had a proper sex ed class last year tbh. But what if someone younger than 13 discovers themselves, just a what if

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol