• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

opinions on teaching about lgbtq+ in school

Status
Not open for further replies.

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
My honest opinion is that no, it shouldn't be, since kids at that age don't even know what they want to be so it would just confuse them further (no kidding, I wanted to be a werewolf at that age and every time I remember those days I just cringe at myself) It really doesn't need to. People over the age of 18 can do what they want, but before that just let them be kids, because when you keep repeating an idea it gets to indoctrination (be it religion or lgbtq stuff)

Bunjolio

the prettiest girl ever
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My honest opinion is that no, it shouldn't be, since kids at that age don't even know what they want to be so it would just confuse them further (no kidding, I wanted to be a werewolf at that age and every time I remember those days I just cringe at myself) It really doesn't need to. People over the age of 18 can do what they want, but before that just let them be kids, because when you keep repeating an idea it gets to indoctrination (be it religion or lgbtq stuff)
im saying that like letting them know that it is normal and ok. I dont know the age to be fair, but they should be able to feel accepted and know that if they feel different they can do so and be accepted

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What you are talking about is the completely insane things being taught in school. Anyway, Im not really getting anywhere and I want to play video games.

Television used to be the great social propaganda dissemination conduit. But television, at least in the sense of 60's-80's captive audience three network style television, is over. The internet is great for setting up nodes of aligned thought, i.e. echo chambers, but there's less centralized control over the message and any ideology is able to create a zone of its own. Even "news" is subject to a counterpoint now that CBS, NBC, and ABC never had to worry about in the past. There's really only one venue available now for the forced exposure programming the progressive left once enjoyed via television programming.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You seem to think that feeling a certain way means that you belong to a specific (ie. exclusive) group of people, but people aren't actually limited to thing like flags and checkboxes. Those doing so are limiting themselves, and in turn, will try to convince others to do the same.

Bunjolio

the prettiest girl ever
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Television used to be the great social propaganda dissemination conduit. But television, at least in the sense of 60's-80's captive audience three network style television, is over. The internet is great for setting up nodes of aligned thought, i.e. echo chambers, but there's less centralized control over the message and any ideology is able to create a zone of its own. Even "news" is subject to a counterpoint now that CBS, NBC, and ABC never had to worry about in the past. There's really only one venue available now for the forced exposure programming the progressive left once enjoyed via television programming.
huh
Post automatically merged:

You seem to think that feeling a certain way means that you belong to a specific (ie. exclusive) group of people, but people aren't actually limited to thing like flags and checkboxes.
i didnt say that tho, im kinda confused sorry

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
huh

i didnt say that tho, im kinda confused sorry
You need to be a little more self conscious if you cannot recognize that the title of the thread, paired with your comments do suggest it.

Bunjolio

the prettiest girl ever
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to be a little more self conscious if you cannot recognize that the title of the thread, paired with your comments do suggest it.
i mean, if you mean that i think i belong to the LGBTQ+ then you would be correct, since i do, but that doesnt define all of me, that isnt my only characttaristic. I dont think im limiting myself or trying to limit others

Reactions: Hanafuda

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
i mean, if you mean that i think i belong to the LGBTQ+ then you would be correct, since i do
If you do not believe that your parents also belong to LGBTQ+ then you are potentially putting your parents into the position of fighting something instead of responding honestly to your concerns.

Bunjolio

the prettiest girl ever
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you do not believe that your parents also belong to LGBTQ+ then you are potentially putting your parents into the position of fighting something instead of responding honestly to your concerns.
but they dont even know, besides my parents would support me, which is good

Reactions: AncientBoi

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i mean, if you mean that i think i belong to the LGBTQ+ then you would be correct, since i do, but that doesnt define all of me, that isnt my only characttaristic. I dont think im limiting myself or trying to limit others

Just wrap your head around: it's a sexual orientation, not a sports team. There's really no need to wear the schwag.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
am i not allowed to show that im bi with my pfp, i assume that's what you mean

Sure you're "allowed." But you see any threads I've started here about having intercourse with my wife? Nothing wrong with you being you, but if you go on the internet to conduct an inquisition into who agrees with you and who doesn't, why be shocked or indignant if not everyone does? Look at the titles of the last few threads you've started here.

Reactions: tabzer

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I want to reaffirm that the title of the thread contradicts the sentiment of the opening statement. It poses that LBGTQ+ is freedom of expression when it's only a limited spectrum of it. It seems a bit dishonest.

Please talk to your parents before talking to the internet, lol.

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
im saying that like letting them know that it is normal and ok. I dont know the age to be fair, but they should be able to feel accepted and know that if they feel different they can do so and be accepted
But the lgbtq stuff is about sexuality, so it shouldn't even cross the mind of a kid. In the past there was no such thing as lgbtq but there were still people who didn't feel accepted, whether it was because they were nerds or considered weird or emo or something. Also, teaching about lgbtq doesn't guarantee they will be accepted, sometimes things are like that, everyone feels unwanted at some point in their life but that's how it is

osm70

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I mean... it depends on what you mean by that. Should kids be told gay people exist? Sure, I think so. Should we go more in depth? That depends how old they are.

Reactions: KingVamp

Bunjolio

the prettiest girl ever
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure you're "allowed." But you see any threads I've started here about having intercourse with my wife? Nothing wrong with you being you, but if you go on the internet to conduct an inquisition into who agrees with you and who doesn't, why be shocked or indignant if not everyone does? Look at the titles of the last few threads you've started here.
me being bisexual isnt the same as you posting about having intercourse with your wife

But the lgbtq stuff is about sexuality, so it shouldn't even cross the mind of a kid. In the past there was no such thing as lgbtq but there were still people who didn't feel accepted, whether it was because they were nerds or considered weird or emo or something. Also, teaching about lgbtq doesn't guarantee they will be accepted, sometimes things are like that, everyone feels unwanted at some point in their life but that's how it is
lgbtq people have existed for a very long time though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqw6t28P9po