Hacking Opinions! Do you think that the 3DS can really play pirate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
aminemaster said:
well my house's router
i can edit the settings to a fake thing lol
they can't force us to keep it imagine
we go to for example my friend's house then we can't use the new router without keeping the old settings

That's an awesome idea!
biggrin.gif

But...

What if...

The 3DS searches for the wi-fi, and finds it... forces you to select... then asks you to key in the CORRECT WEP (or whichever) key. If not, you cannot use the 3DS until you use a correct key.
frown.gif

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mjaoune said:
There are 6 billion people out there, so of course one clever computer or technology engineer will break the AP, and the flashcarts are going to start earlier than they did on the normal Nintendo DS, because when they first created the first flashcart, they have created slot 2 devices like passme or no pass before, then they've created the flashcart, but now engineers and hacker have more knowledge about the Nintendo DS system, like the header of the rom and how to break it.
Dont worry the AP will be broken maybe after 4-5 months after the Nintendo 3DS is out.
6 billion people? How many of those people even know anything about hacking? Do you think the DS was the first system to have piracy? That "knowledge" of the DS is no different to the "knowledge of the GBA when that had flashcarts yet it still took them 3-4 years for a reliable flashcart to become widely available.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
nutella said:
aminemaster said:
well nutella if somebody doesn't have internet he can't play
that's a bad and annoying idea
you buy a game you have to wait some hours for an update(like the ps3 the 3ds is an advanced system so it can take a while) but well we can wait but for the flashcarts...
maybe if you delete the wifi settings it won't update
or the cfw idea can delete the auto update
Or, oh I don't know, maybe they can put the update on the games itself? But you guys see what I mean? You see how much you guys will have to work around just to avoid updates. This is what I'm talking about when I say even there is an exploit, it could very well be too impractical to maintain. I still doubt automatic wifi updates will be an included feature, but there's always the possibility.

Nintendo themselves said that this measure is most likely going to be implemented (not confirmed to be though).
Updates on games, that is the same.
frown.gif

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
aminemaster said:
well if you read the update gbatemp made you will have to update your 3ds for every new game

Can you please send me the URL? Didn't see that.

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
aminemaster said:
well if you read the update gbatemp made you will have to update your 3ds for every new game
Is that directed at me? What does that have to with what I said? (I didn't know how to word that without sounding like a prick but that's not my intention)

QUOTE(chris888222 @ Jan 2 2011, 11:46 PM) Nintendo themselves said that this measure is most likely going to be implemented (not confirmed to be though).
frown.gif
Sure, but it's retarded to update firmware without user consent while running on batteries. As I said, this will only be implemented while using a charger.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Seriously...

What is SLEEP mode? Off the power of 3DS or cover the upper screen only w/o turning off the console?

Because my old DS Lite manual states that just closing the screen without turning the console of is sleep mode.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think it will be hacked eventually, but it won't be nearly as easy as putting a flashcart in and playing games.

I'm still going to get it even if it cannot be hacked. I'll just be more selective about my games.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
nutella said:
chris888222 said:
Nintendo themselves said that this measure is most likely going to be implemented (not confirmed to be though).
frown.gif
Sure, but it's retarded to update firmware without user consent while running on batteries. As I said, this will only be implemented while using a charger.

I find that Nintendo should have notifications (like iPhone, Tap Tap Notifications
smile.gif
) to ask us if we would like to update the firmware instead of going auto.
I don't know why, but I find it so wrong!
frown.gif

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
chris888222 said:
Seriously...

What is SLEEP mode? Off the power of 3DS or cover the upper screen only w/o turning off the console?

Because my old DS Lite manual states that just closing the screen without turning the console of is sleep mode.
Don't quote me, but I think it's something comparable to the Wii's standby mode.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
awssk8er said:
I think it will be hacked eventually, but it won't be nearly as easy as putting a flashcart in and playing games.

I'm still going to get it even if it cannot be hacked. I'll just be more selective about my games.

If that's really the case...

Before I buy Mario and Luigi: RPG 4 (3DS)...

Check IGN!
Check Gamespot!
Check Wiki!

Okay... I will buy it.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I think sleep mode is closing the cover of the 3DS without turning the console off AND while charging, even when the main console is off!

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Why is everyone worrying about forced updates while the 3DS is asleep.
I mean the thing got a wi-fi switch, and it won't update while it's in sleep mode, what if it runs out of batteries?
It will probably just download the update and then prompt you to update next time you turn the 3DS on.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
It has been a long time since I used the forums... So I am getting unfamiliar with it.
frown.gif

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Eerpow said:
I mean the thing got a wi-fi switch, and it won't update while it's in sleep mode, what if it runs out of batteries?
It will probably just download the update and then prompt you to update next time you turn the 3DS on.
True... true. It has a wi-fi switch. But I don't really get your last statement... download the update and then prompt you to update?
unsure.gif

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
chris888222 said:
Eerpow said:
True... true. It has a wi-fi switch. But I don't really get your last statement... download the update and then prompt you to update?
unsure.gif
He's saying that while the 3DS is on sleep mode, it will download the update but it won't actually update until you okay it.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
nutella said:
chris888222 said:
Eerpow said:
unsure.gif
He's saying that while the 3DS is on sleep mode, it will download the update but it won't actually update until you okay it.

Isn't that a waste of memory? (Since it downloaded the update but won't really update upon approval?)
LOL... unless it is 16GB like the iPhone xD

I wonder... What happens if I off the wi-fi (using the switch) when I leave it to charge?
smile.gif

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
chris888222 said:
Isn't that a waste of memory? (Since it downloaded the update but won't really update upon approval?)

I wonder... What happens if I off the wi-fi (using the switch) when I leave it to charge?
smile.gif
Umm... no. Why would it use more memory? The only difference is that it asks you if you want to install it.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
nutella said:
chris888222 said:

smile.gif
Umm... no. Why would it use more memory? The only difference is that it asks you if you want to install it.

Because the update is loaded in the console but not activated, isn't that memory wastage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Shape @ Shape: Oh. But I want to swing the sword, not watch someone else swing the sword.