Homebrew OPEN_AGB_FIRM discussion thread

Maxwellp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I make it 'pixel-perfect'? Do I need to change something on the config.ini? Is there a way to make a forwarder on my 3DS Home Menu that loads open_agb_firm.firm so I don't need to start my 3DS by pressing 'start'?
Yes it's technically possible but complicated as it requires flashing firm0. Once you launch it you can't go back to the 3ds menu without restarting anyway though

Hark0n

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes it's technically possible but complicated as it requires flashing firm0. Once you launch it you can't go back to the 3ds menu without restarting anyway though

How do I make it 'pixel-perfect'? Do I need to change something on the config.ini? Is there a way to make a forwarder on my 3DS Home Menu that loads open_agb_firm.firm so I don't need to start my 3DS by pressing 'start'?
https://gbatemp.net/download/open-agb-launcher.36828/

Reactions: Maxwellp

88cmflak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Btw, there's no other way around turning off the 3ds everytime you want to load another gba game with Open_agb_firm. There's an app that soft-reboots the system from the home menu to load Open_agb_firm (without the need of turning off the 3ds then on), as well any other .firm software you might have (like GodMode9), it's called Open AGB Launcher.
Are there any downsides of using open agb launcher over the default open agb firm?

This is already amazing and all because I'm tired of the graphical glitches while using gbarunner2 from twilight menu+. But restarting my 3ds to load gba games or switching another is just a little bit inconvinient I guess..

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any downsides of using open agb launcher over the default open agb firm?

This is already amazing and all because I'm tired of the graphical glitches while using gbarunner2 from twilight menu+. But restarting my 3ds to load gba games or switching another is just a little bit inconvinient I guess..
The open agb launcher only soft-reboots the system to get to the firm selection screen, it doesn't play gba games. Btw, when you launch it from the home menu, you'll need to hold the select button to get to the firm selection screen, then open Open_agb_firm from there. Hope that makes sense.

Reactions: 88cmflak

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The open agb launcher only soft-reboots the system to get to the firm selection screen, it doesn't play gba games. Btw, when you launch it from the home menu, you'll need to hold the select button to get to the firm selection screen, then open Open_agb_firm from there. Hope that makes sense.
Does it still do that even if you're using fastboot (or godmode9) instead of b9s? I thought the whole point of the Launcher was that you didn't have to select anything from the firm selection screen. (Why call it an Open AGB Launcher if all it does is reboot the system..?)

BETA215

Member not found
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Yeah, you aren't using OPEN_AGB Launcher properly, it *requires* you to have fastboot3DS instead of boot9strap.
Using it as intended, will just reboot your console straight into OPEN_AGB_FIRM. Would advise you to follow its usage guide before using it any further.

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does it still do that even if you're using fastboot (or godmode9) instead of b9s?
I can't tell you, as i only have b9s.
I thought the whole point of the Launcher was that you didn't have to select anything from the firm selection screen. (Why call it an Open AGB Launcher if all it does is reboot the system..?)
Agreed.
Yeah, you aren't using OPEN_AGB Launcher properly, it *requires* you to have fastboot3DS instead of boot9strap.
Well i didn't know that. i don't remember reading that about it, so...
Would advise you to follow its usage guide before using it any further.
I don't think there's that much of a risk doing that. but yea, it's better to follow the instructions to be on the safe side..

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
? what's the point in relaunching open_agb_firm with a launcher? you can designate a button press to relaunching the firm with fastboot, which I use. I have it set to the L button.

Reactions: CoolMe

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
? what's the point in relaunching open_agb_firm with a launcher? you can designate a button press to relaunching the firm with fastboot, which I use. I have it set to the L button.
Not sure if that would work in a case when, say the 3ds is on the home menu and i want to use Open_agb_firm, normally i'd have to turn it off, then turning it on booting into the firm selection screen, then launching Open_agb_firm.
Now, with the launcher, it's soft-reboots and boots straight to Open_agb_firm, it's quicker.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if that would work in a case when, say the 3ds is on the home menu and i want to use Open_agb_firm, normally i'd have to turn it off, then turning it on booting into the firm selection screen, then launching Open_agb_firm.
Now, with the launcher, it's soft-reboots and boots straight to Open_agb_firm, it's quicker.
I don't understand the point then.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not user friendly. For a kid, an icon like a game is best.
it is for me. this shit shouldn't be super easy or it defeats the prestige of even having a hacked system. I mean so many people think they actually accomplished something. what, your system is worth like five bucks more than it was, not forty or fifty dollars like some people believe.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's not user friendly. For a kid, an icon like a game is best.
I would say kids today are way more tech savvy than we give them credit for and I'm pretty sure they are smart enough to hold down a button at boot.

Just my opinion but if they are not smart enough to do so then they probably shouldn't be allowed to have their hands on any hacked system.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, I remember jtags were worth about $400 back in the day...until rgh, now they're virtually worthless. the only reason switches are the price they are is the fact that the normal price for the system hasn't come down, and all are exploitable.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yeah, I remember jtags were worth about $400 back in the day...until rgh, now they're virtually worthless. the only reason switches are the price they are is the fact that the normal price for the system hasn't come down, and all are exploitable.
Think ya posted in the wrong thread my friend.

Reactions: godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Ken get this lol