Gaming "Open Your eyes... wake up LINK"

7Robins

Bob is watching you.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone actually interviewed Nintendo a while back asking about a female role Zelda game, and why BoTW wasn't one. They stated that they considered having Zelda be the main role, but that "then what would Link do?"

They also said that Link will always be the main role in main Zelda games. So a spin off Zelda game with Zelda as the main character is possible.

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hyrule's a small country that's pretty isolated. makes sense that there will be little diversity within specific races.

Hyrule is more of a county rather than a country. They dont want you to cross the border because next to it is Mushroom Kingdom and things would look trippy in art direction.

I only hope that the boss battles are epic seeing that some of the roaming bosses have substancial life energy.

7Robins

Bob is watching you.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It makes sense for them to include it though, because Link is supposed to be a blank slate character. He has almost no personality. Only version of Link I've seen that does is Toon Link, but even his is minimal.

I don't understand how they would do the voice acting with a different player name. The game would need to be huge in size to fit all possible combinations of sounds and letters, and family friendly Nintendo wouldn't allow inappropriate loop holes that players would surely take advantage of.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

It makes sense for them to include it though, because Link is supposed to be a blank slate character. He has almost no personality. Only version of Link I've seen that does is Toon Link, but even his is minimal.

I don't understand how they would do the voice acting with a different player name. The game would need to be huge in size to fit all possible combinations of sounds and letters, and family friendly Nintendo wouldn't allow inappropriate loop holes that players would surely take advantage of.
IIRC, in Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi the custom characters you make you can name them whatever you want but they don't say the name. It's better this way.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

robertman2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

IIRC, in Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi the custom characters you make you can name them whatever you want but they don't say the name. It's better this way.
Fallout 4 had about a thousand or so names prerecored

7Robins

Bob is watching you.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was what my friend said when I asked him about it, but not only would that be a weird system, it'd make the game unnecessarily large.

Only thing I can see them doing is not voice acting the names and leaving them out of cutscenes.

robertman2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was what my friend said when I asked him about it, but not only would that be a weird system, it'd make the game unnecessarily large.

Only thing I can see them doing is not voice acting the names and leaving them out of cutscenes.
Or just keep as Link, since the vast majority of players call him that

7Robins

Bob is watching you.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or just keep as Link, since the vast majority of players call him that
Another valid option, but I don't see Nintendo doing that. Aonuma said that Link won't be given voice acting, because he's a blank-slate character that's meant to be the player. Taking out the naming option would completely go against that logic.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill