Homebrew BOTW intro freezes system (console)

Trunkymonkey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very new to using Homebrew. (Tiramisu)

Tried searching through everything I could before posting. BOTW game is loading into intro "open your eyes" screen and freezing the Wii-U. It freezes at different points. Sometimes when it's the white flash of light. Sometimes will make it slightly past that where Link is opening his eyes and the screen is blue. Sometimes just past that where it shows Link lying in the water. So far that's the furthest it's gotten.

Have tried redownloading / reinstalling, doing the game update through the Wii U instead of USB helper, installing on nand and multiple USB devices (all with working other games), not using the DLC, and using save files that are past the intro using SaveMii (game still goes to the intro even with the save files though for some reason?)

All other games I've tried so far work fine. This seems to be a common issue from what I've seen; but, most of the fixes seem to be on CEMU and I can't find much on Wii U console fixes. At a loss. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Any more info you need from me to help troubleshoot, please let me know.

Thanks
Post automatically merged:

Update on this. I unpacked the same game from the USB helper and tried it in CEMU and it works perfectly on the emulator but still not working on the console.

Last edited by Trunkymonkey,

grandosegood

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very new to using Homebrew. (Tiramisu)

Tried searching through everything I could before posting. BOTW game is loading into intro "open your eyes" screen and freezing the Wii-U. It freezes at different points. Sometimes when it's the white flash of light. Sometimes will make it slightly past that where Link is opening his eyes and the screen is blue. Sometimes just past that where it shows Link lying in the water. So far that's the furthest it's gotten.

Have tried redownloading / reinstalling, doing the game update through the Wii U instead of USB helper, installing on nand and multiple USB devices (all with working other games), not using the DLC, and using save files that are past the intro using SaveMii (game still goes to the intro even with the save files though for some reason?)

All other games I've tried so far work fine. This seems to be a common issue from what I've seen; but, most of the fixes seem to be on CEMU and I can't find much on Wii U console fixes. At a loss. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Any more info you need from me to help troubleshoot, please let me know.

Thanks
Post automatically merged:

Update on this. I unpacked the same game from the USB helper and tried it in CEMU and it works perfectly on the emulator but still not working on the console.
are you still having this issue?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been eating honey wheat bread scrumptious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge