Homebrew HzMod - old3DS screen streaming

• Thread starter Sono
  • Start date
  • Views 248,327
  • Replies 573
  • Likes 102

What should be HorizonModule renamed to?

• HzMod

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • HzModule

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • HzProc

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • HzDbg

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • HzDebug

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So there's no fix for my version ?
The thing in your screenshot shows that you are probably using a newer or older version of HzMod with an incompatible version of HzScreen.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Then again, it could be an issue with your computer or something else.

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ahhhhh ty so much senpai i need hope the streaming thing will work on o3ds :)
He said via github that HzMod is dead.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

upload_2017-7-18_14-59-26.png

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Maybe the Luma team could make use of some of the code for Rosalina.

I told them good reasons why it would be a bad idea to have this integrated to Luma, and everyone aggreed. Though there's a rewrite in works which will work similar to NTR, so a performance increase might still be possible.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I told them good reasons why it would be a bad idea to have this integrated to Luma, and everyone aggreed. Though there's a rewrite in works which will work similar to NTR, so a performance increase might still be possible.
I am quite happy I wasn't the only one who felt it was a bad idea to integrate it into Luma3DS. Of course when I said it everyone jumped on me because "It wasn't doing any harm."
Still, I am sorry to see this project go. I was super happy to see an open-source replacement for NTR. I can't make you change your mind, but it might be best to report this thread to be locked.

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I am quite happy I wasn't the only one who felt it was a bad idea to integrate it into Luma3DS. Of course when I said it everyone jumped on me because "It wasn't doing any harm."
Still, I am sorry to see this project go. I was super happy to see an open-source replacement for NTR. I can't make you change your mind, but it might be best to report this thread to be locked.

The reason I don't want to integrate this in Luma is because I did a benchmark, and not only does Luma8.1 use far less memory compared to 8.0 or legacy, but Luma already has features which are partially or fully implemented in it.
...and considering the fact that HzMod should be updated like every commit, it would make kinda impossible to update properly due to it being in the firm file.

oh, and it's not fully dead, recently I have kinda picked this up again because I think I have realized how NTR might be doing its black magic, so I'm now experimenting (there was a Luma8.1-only build with stable-ish 5fps on old3DS (11.3 2DS to be precise) with extended mode working properly due to less memory usage)

@MarcusD is there any way we can Support you with Donations? i would be really happy if i can support you and some Previews of your work (Specially the FPS on New3DS :P )

I always refused donations because I don't trust PayPal and people can't donate to a Hungarian bank address, so RIP

and anyways, you can get debug builds for free if you ask me on Discord, so if you only want debug builds then it's kinda pointless to donate

Last edited by Sono,
Reactions: The Catboy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, on that android PC? +1