Homebrew OoT3DHax PowerSave Edition

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It does in fact work on 11.0, you can still use the 10.7 Haxx to load homebrew on 11.0, I updated my original post with download links to the proper powersave files for US savegames

I have a question, I have a copy of ocarina of time 3d and a 3ds that can run the oothax installer, or the svdt extractor injector, could i use it to allow homebrew on a 3ds with 11.0.0-33 firmware?

smditr

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hmm, this is not working for old 3ds 11.0.0-33U USA version. Just tested it on my cart and whenever i press A after loading, it just says a n error has occurred and restarts my DS

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It does in fact work on 11.0, you can still use the 10.7 Haxx to load homebrew on 11.0, I updated my original post with download links to the proper powersave files for US savegames

I knew it worked for people with cfw (with cia launcher), but I thought it didn't work on régular consoles. Could you make EUR patched too please? I know a bunch of people who would.

EDIT: seeing the posts before mine, I guess it really doesn't work :/

Last edited by supercarotte,

LordIgnis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's really weird that its not working for others, I have the ability to use custom firmware on my N3DS but I'm not running it before loading the game, Is everyone updating their homebrew starter packs before trying this? I did just before I tested it just in the off chance but nothing seemed to have changed so I didn't think it mattered. I tried originally to use the installer to download the 11.0 payload cause I wasn't sure if it was available yet or not, then tried the 10.7 version of the payload with the installer, restarted my N3DS and loaded the homebrew through OoT without any issues. I will look into the issue in the morning, My roommate's 3DS has never run homebrew before so I'll ask him to borrow it and give it a shot running it and let you guys know and try and work out the bugs with the method.

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Help I can't figure out how to get OoThax on my 3DS via powersave!
  1. Go to https://github.com/yellows8/oot3dhax and get thé latest release.
  2. Go to http://smealum.github.io/3ds/#otherapp , enter your firmware version, click one of the buttons and note the name of the file it gives you.
  3. Open the archive you downloaded 2 steps ago and search for that name using Ctrl+F. It should give you 2 files, extract them both and do the next steps with t he first one, then the second if it fails.
  4. Using your PS, backup your oot save.
  5. Go where this backup is located, and replace the backup file with the one you downloaded. You must rename the downloaded file with the name of your backup so that the PS software thinks it's the same file.
  6. Using the PS software, restore that backup.
  7. In game, choose the one non-empty savefile. You get control of Young Link in his Kokiri house, press A to enter HBL.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  1. Go to https://github.com/yellows8/oot3dhax and get thé latest release.
  2. Go to http://smealum.github.io/3ds/#otherapp , enter your firmware version, click one of the buttons and note the name of the file it gives you.
  3. Open the archive you downloaded 2 steps ago and search for that name using Ctrl+F. It should give you 2 files, extract them both and do the next steps with t he first one, then the second if it fails.
  4. Using your PS, backup your oot save.
  5. Go where this backup is located, and replace the backup file with the one you downloaded. You must rename the downloaded file with the name of your backup so that the PS software thinks it's the same file.
  6. Using the PS software, restore that backup.
  7. In game, choose the one non-empty savefile. You get control of Young Link in his Kokiri house, press A to enter HBL.
Did you install the homebrew from the starter.zip on the sd card? Remember to mention that.

DustingtonZDX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oops, I always forgot this step ^^ You can find the starter kit at https://smealum.github.io/ninjhax2/starter.zip , download it and extract it at the root of you SD card before you try to enter HBL.
But where would the root of the SD card be on a 3DS SD card so I don't put it in the wrong place?
Also if I extracted it in the wrong place do I have to start all over?

DustingtonZDX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What shows up on the screen?
2 files that say "Nintendo 3DS" and "DCIM" Respectively
Nintendo 3DS has 2 files "95d3cd9c38b900189c7573a7e3e32dd4", and "Private"
While DCIM has what I would assume the photo album on the 3DS
95d3cd9c38b900189c7573a7e3e32dd4 has a9b800ca311095003030303000284245 which has 3 files named "dbs", "extdata", and "title"
DBS holds database files
ext data holds 0000000000000 which holds many normal files
title holds normal files too
Private holds "00020400", "00020500" which holds the voice clips on the 3DS sound app, and what I would assume stuff for the Wii U

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
2 files that say "Nintendo 3DS" and "DCIM" Respectively
Nintendo 3DS has 2 files "95d3cd9c38b900189c7573a7e3e32dd4", and "Private"
While DCIM has what I would assume the photo album on the 3DS
95d3cd9c38b900189c7573a7e3e32dd4 has a9b800ca311095003030303000284245 which has 3 files named "dbs", "extdata", and "title"
DBS holds database files
ext data holds 0000000000000 which holds many normal files
title holds normal files too
Private holds "00020400", "00020500" which holds the voice clips on the 3DS sound app, and what I would assume stuff for the Wii U
Thé root of your SD card is that window with the DCIM & Nintendo3DS folders. Extract the starter kit here so it adds a 3ds folder (homebrews go there) and a boot.3dsx file (this is the homebrew launcher, that's the file you need to have before using oot3dhax)

DustingtonZDX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thé root of your SD card is that window with the DCIM & Nintendo3DS folders. Extract the starter kit here so it adds a 3ds folder (homebrews go there) and a boot.3dsx file (this is the homebrew launcher, that's the file you need to have before using oot3dhax)
So I have everything down. I gotten the files I need, extracted them, got all the themes I like, have the powersave ready. Now to give it a go.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So I have everything down. I gotten the files I need, extracted them, got all the themes I like, have the powersave ready. Now to give it a go.
I still have the normal game.
I did everything I was told to do yet still no homebrew

Last edited by DustingtonZDX,

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I still have the normal game.
I did everything I was told to do yet still no homebrew
Did you inject the prepayched savefiles with your powersave ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu