Homebrew Oot3dHax on 11.0?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i manually injected the files (that i've got on smealum website) with the oothax_offline with my homebrew channel on the old3ds to use it on a N3DS on 11.0.0-33E! Still doesn't work for me unfortunately, tried everything! How do you inject the file with FBI? Also I just need to wait that my friend give me back sticker star and hope that it works too
You can't use FBI with Homebrew. Also, the payload from smealum's website is used to find out which payload you need to find on oothax's GitHub page. You don't actually use that payload on oot.

kain-nosgoth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
You can't use FBI with Homebrew. Also, the payload from smealum's website is used to find out which payload you need to find on oothax's GitHub page. You don't actually use that payload on oot.

ho okay, thanks! I'm on the oothax github page right now... where do i find the payload (yeah i'm dumb sorry but i can't see it)? It still says to use sploit installer but since it doesn't work, if i install the payload manually it will maybe work

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ho okay, thanks! I'm on the oothax github page right now... where do i find the payload (yeah i'm dumb sorry but i can't see it)? It still says to use sploit installer but since it doesn't work, if i install the payload manually it will maybe work
Since you can't use the installer, you have to use a system with firmware v10.7 or below or use a Powersaves device to install the payload. The payloads are here, download the latest release.

kain-nosgoth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Since you can't use the installer, you have to use a system with firmware v10.7 or below or use a Powersaves device to install the payload. The payloads are here, download the latest release.

Wow, i used this solution from sonic angel knight post on page 9 :

Download this archive, copy the folder to the 3ds on your 3ds with homebrew, and load the oothax installer (HAS THE WOODEN SHIELD NOT HYLIAN SHIELD) Then select the old 11.0.0 USA.

I just tested this myself.

Don't forget to erase save game first.

If it don't work i don't know what to tell you.

And it worked! Don't know how, but at least it works! Thanks for your help anyway

kain-nosgoth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
What is this exactly? An installer that works on 11.0?

Like i said in my thread, i have an old3ds with everything on it, emunand, FBI, the homebrew, etc...

I tried to use sploit installer from it to hack the oot saveflle to use it on my N3DS, and i didn't worked on 11.0.0-33E (worked before i install the update)! So i tried the offline oothax installer.... still didn't worked, tried the basehax sploit installer, same shit!

And here i stumble on this other oothax installer from Sonic angel! Don't know what the difference is here, but it actually worked this time, i selected the correct firemware, it installed the savefile, and it worked, i succefully launched the homebrew channel with it on 11.0.0-33E (sorry if i'm not clear enough)

Redbyte

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so how did you get oot3dhax to work on 11.0 exactly?
You'll need either a PowerSaves device to write the pre-compiled file or you'll need another entry point to install oot3dhax AND get very lucky because you will have a very small chance to succeed because of paslr. When ninjhax 2.8 comes out it should bypass paslr making success almost 100% but you'll still need another entrypoint to install the hax without a PowerSaves

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have another N3DS (on CFW) as "entrypoint" :) (menuhax to be exact).
But I will wait for 33C3 and see what they have until I buy a DSiware game.

udelgadochio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You'll need either a PowerSaves device to write the pre-compiled file or you'll need another entry point to install oot3dhax AND get very lucky because you will have a very small chance to succeed because of paslr. When ninjhax 2.8 comes out it should bypass paslr making success almost 100% but you'll still need another entrypoint to install the hax without a PowerSaves

Hi folks! I'm a bit confused here, hope you can help, first of all what is PASLR? Next... I bought today a copy of The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D for having a secondary entrypoint to the Homebrew Launcher, I'm currently running Luma with a9lh on 11.2.0-35U in a New 3DS XL, I tried to install oot3dhax with the sploit installer included in the starter.zip available at smealum's website. Everything seems fine when installing, but when trying to access Homebrew Launcher I'm just getting an error saying I've to reboot the system. I want to mention that I've already read the README file in the repository, specially the Haxx usage part, so supposedly I'm not doing anything wrong? So why I can't acces through Homebrew Launcher trough the game?

Last edited by udelgadochio,

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi folks! I'm a bit confused here, hope you can help, first of all what is PASLR? Next... I bought today a copy of The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D for having a secondary entrypoint to the Homebrew Launcher, I'm currently running Luma with a9lh on 11.2.0-35U in a New 3DS XL, I tried to install oot3dhax with the sploit installer included in the starter.zip available at smealum's website. Everything seems fine when installing, but when trying to access Homebrew Launcher I'm just getting an error saying I've to reboot the system. I want to mention that I've already read the README file in the repository, specially the Haxx usage part, so supposedly I'm not doing anything wrong? So why I can't acces through Homebrew Launcher trough the game?
If you have A9LH, you can just install the Homebrew Launcher .cia, instead of having to use an entrypoint such as oot3dhax. That being said, your issue may be due to installing the wrong payload. In the installer, make sure that you're selecting the right region and 3DS type, and on 11.2 you should be selecting 11.1 as your version to install the payload for (I believe).

PASLR is Physical Address Space Layout Randomisation, and is effectively a way of Nintendo trying to prevent the use of homebrew/arbitrary code for particular titles, such as OoT and Cubic Ninja. PASLR is what prevents the installation of oot3dhax on an OFW 3DS on 11.0 and higher, for example. CFW such as Luma bypasses PASLR though.

Last edited by Xiphiidae,
Reactions: udelgadochio

udelgadochio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If you have A9LH, you can just install the Homebrew Launcher .cia, instead of having to use an entrypoint such as oot3dhax. That being said, your issue may be due to installing the wrong payload. In the installer, make sure that you're selecting the right region and 3DS type, and on 11.2 you should be selecting 11.1 as your version to install the payload for (I believe).

PASLR is Pseudo Address Space Layout Randomization, and is effectively a way of Nintendo trying to prevent the use of homebrew/arbitrary code for particular titles, such as OoT and Cubic Ninja. PASLR is what prevents the installation of oot3dhax on an OFW 3DS on 11.0 and higher, for example. CFW such as Luma bypasses PASLR though.

I really appreciate your answer, I want the oot3dhax for downgrading another system, but in my console I use the .cia for homebrew launcher which is where I'm installing through the sploit installer, I tried with the 11.4 payloads and it didn't worked neither, what could it be then?

Another question, maybe a stupid one, everytime I want to boot homebrew launcher in another system I have to install the specific payloads for the target system right? I mean to select if it is new or old and the firmware version.

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thank you! and for it working with the 11.1 payloads it didn't work neither, I though it did but stupidly I launched homebre from .cia, what other thing could it be?
I've heard that clearing the Home Menu extdata could help as well. Your home menu extdata should be located at sd:/Nintendo 3DS/(blah)/(blah)/extdata/00000000/0000008f

Last edited by Xiphiidae,

udelgadochio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Instead of using the installer, try using svdt/JKSV to inject a hacked save file.

Edit: I've heard that clearing the Home Menu extdata could help as well. Your home menu extdata should be located at sd:/Nintendo 3DS/(blah)/(blah)/extdata/00000000/0000008f

Already tried clearing Home menu data, and I read in another thread in this same forum that the only way to inject savefile is with powersaves, otherwise it won't work, and besides that the folder on the repository is full of files and I don't know which one to try with JKSV anyways, I hope I can find solution to this soon :wacko:

udelgadochio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
L

You can inject save files with homebrew. I have done so successfully. The file I linked you contains both standard and Powersaves save images. The save image you use should be the 'highest' one for your 3DS type and region.

I read in another thread on the same subject a post of yours mentioning something about downloading otherapp payload, what would be the correct steps for injecting a savefile?

Should I download the otherapp payloads for 11.1 eventhough I'm on 11.2?
Should I only put the savefile in my SD and inject it with JKSV?
The sploit installer won't be needed then?
Sorry but I'm such a beginner in this thing...
What are the POSTS5 files in the folders you privded me?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sonic Angel Knight, Meth cake lol