Hacking Suggestion online Layer FS hacks work- No Banning

Benoit934

Trophies
XP
Country
France
And before you refute that it's just for digtial downloads, it's very likely an immediate ban would happen for physical releases. Since they solved the issue of trading game headers.

That was the main issue with CDs, when you make a CD you create a master and then duplicate it thousands times so they were not able to forge a ticket per disk and thus we were able to use those on any Wii U without issues, but the main issue is that because it worked that way for CDs they did the same for e-shop, so no ways to check if a tiltle was legit or no.

With cartdriges it's really different, you can always find a way to copy a disk, a magnetic tape etc, but with a SOC it's really difficult (possible to clone but difficult) and they are able to set a unique ID, cert and key inside each chip and then check if it's used twice at the same time and I'm sure it's what they are doing, but because you can play offline they got no ways use dynamic encryption to secure their cartdrige with their servers (it's possible but you lose the offline ability)

Reactions: Subtle Demise
D

Deleted User

That was the main issue with CDs, when you make a CD you create a master and then duplicate it thousands times so they were not able to forge a ticket per disk and thus we were able to use those on any Wii U without issues, but the main issue is that because it worked that way for CDs they did the same for e-shop, so no ways to check if a tiltle was legit or no.

With cartdriges it's really different, you can always find a way to copy a disk, a magnetic tape etc, but with a SOC it's really difficult (possible to clone but difficult) and they are able to set a unique ID, cert and key inside each chip and then check if it's used twice at the same time and I'm sure it's what they are doing, but because you can play offline they got no ways use dynamic encryption to secure their cartdrige with their servers (it's possible but you lose the offline ability)
Cds found ways of also adding their own drm. The xbox 360 discs have 4gb of data dedicated to drm. Having unqiue data for that game.

Reactions: Benoit934

Type_O_Dev

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this post only makes it easier for N, negative attention on things like this cause reproductions that effect more than just this game

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like how some people here are treating Switch bans like some anti-piracy conspiracy theory... I'm starting to understand how flat-earthers are a thing now. Y'all are fuckin' dumb...

Luckily in this case, that's not my problem. Best of luck to you all. Glad to see I won't have to deal with you online. Please, cheat away.

Reactions: tiliarou

Benoit934

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I like how some people here are treating Switch bans like some anti-piracy conspiracy theory... I'm starting to understand how flat-earthers are a thing now. Y'all are fuckin' dumb...

Luckily in this case, that's not my problem. Best of luck to you all. Glad to see I won't have to deal with you online. Please, cheat away.

But it's flat, just look on your table the water isn't moving thus earth isn't moving, thus we are under the dome ... (Ok sorry, I'm bit tired and I'm trolling)

Reactions: Don Jon

heroshime428

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually you can copy that strip. Its written so close to the middle of the disk so a normal burner cant handle it. Im sure theyd be able to detect the same disc running on 100 consoles though considering its got an id. i played mw4 forever and never saw aban hammer.

Last edited by heroshime428,

Masacci0

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
this post only makes it easier for N, negative attention on things like this cause reproductions that effect more than just this game

Yeah pretty sure they're here watching this thread, i bet they have nothing better to do.

Shhhh guys, let's stop talking, if we don't make noises maybe they won't notice us.

heroshime428

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know masacci0 is joking but think about it realistically here. They arent worried about gbatemp and probably dont go one here alot if at all. If I were ninty i would not give a damn about gbatemp. Instead of watching a bunch of people who are using pirated software, wouldnt it logically be more important to watch the people actually hacking it? People like scirem. You pull weeds by the stem not the leaves, you go for the drug dealers not the users, and you put the people from pirate bay in jail not the people who torrent. Its the same everywhere and is common sense.

Benoit934

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I know masacci0 is joking but think about it realistically here. They arent worried about gbatemp and probably dont go one here alot if at all. If I were ninty i would not give a damn about gbatemp. Instead of watching a bunch of people who are using pirated software, wouldnt it logically be more important to watch the people actually hacking it? People like scirem. You pull weeds by the stem not the leaves, you go for the drug dealers not the users, and you put the people from pirate bay in jail not the people who torrent. Its the same everywhere and is common sense.

I guess they might watch some keywords like CVS, Exploit, Nintendo Switch, Tegra and maybe reading newsletters to be updated, actually they have the bounty and I'm sure they are aware of the RCM stuff

heroshime428

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
of course. That guy posts everything on twitter. If anything they are more focused watching him. Yeah they are gonna ban you as well. Im suprised sx os doesnt get shut down. Its for profit and something seems wrong with that.

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GBATemp conducted an interview with Nintendo. Based upon how the rep responded to certain questions, Nintendo isn't really aware of who we are.
I highly doubt Nintendo doesn't know who we are. I think it's much more likely that just that rep didn't know who we are, or was told to disavow any knowledge of us.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if some of Nintendo's employees regularly read these forums to get insight on how they can upgrade their security in future updates.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I highly doubt Nintendo doesn't know who we are. I think it's much more likely that just that rep didn't know who we are, or was told to disavow any knowledge of us.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if some of Nintendo's employees regularly read these forums to get insight on how they can upgrade their security in future updates.
Maybe the lower echelon of employees, but the Internet is a huge place full of nooks and crannies everywhere. Plus, we don't really do anything illegal here on GBATemp. Obviously, they're tracking exploits in some fashion as they're always quick to release a new system update when one drops, but equating GBATemp as the hub of hacking kinda seems like an overstatement.

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
equating GBATemp as the hub of hacking kinda seems like an overstatement.

I'm sure there's other places they'd check too, but I wouldn't be surprised if GBATemp was at the top of their list. Back in the Wii hacking days I was constantly checking WiiBrew (RIP Bushing) and TehSkeen (RIP). But almost any major piece of homebrew that has been released for 3DS, Wii U, (S)NES Classic, or Switch has a release thread on GBATemp.

Sure, I guess they could get some of their news slightly faster if they watched the GitHub repos, certain twitter accounts, IRC and Discord chat rooms, but GBATemp isn't a bad place to start. There's Reddit too but I think most things get posted to GBATemp first.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure there's other places they'd check too, but I wouldn't be surprised if GBATemp was at the top of their list. Back in the Wii hacking days I was constantly checking WiiBrew (RIP Bushing) and TehSkeen (RIP). But almost any major piece of homebrew that has been released for 3DS, Wii U, (S)NES Classic, or Switch has a release thread on GBATemp.

Sure, I guess they could get some of their news slightly faster if they watched the GitHub repos, certain twitter accounts, IRC and Discord chat rooms, but GBATemp isn't a bad place to start. There's Reddit too but I think most things get posted to GBATemp first.
Some of my friends follow Reddit for updates on the Switch hacking scene. I mean, just look at Scires. He didn't post that big warning on GBATemp, he posted it on Reddit. Why? Because more people follow Reddit than GBATemp. That means that even GBATemp is not always up-to-date on the latest hacking news, even from its own developers. GBATemp may be useful, but there are bigger fish you can follow.

Don Jon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*nvidia
they disclosed the bug to nvidia, not nintendo. it's a bug in nvidia chipsets, nintendo didn't have much say in this.

anyway, you're a moron, go do your research and get your facts straight before spreading nonsense.
According to this thread, the bug was disclosed to Ninty as well man
https://gbatemp.net/threads/fusee-g...h-models-reportedly-hit-retail-stores.511145/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

As @ShroomKing said, they disclosed the bug in a report to NVIDIA since it's their vulnerability.

And once again, you don't know what your talking about, so please, stop making assumptions on half-based knowledge.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@ShroomKing
And the reswitched member verified it in her webpage as well,
https://www.ktemkin.com/faq-fusee-gelee/
But i wouldnt dig too much into it, it might make you look like a "moron"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: ROFL :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2: