Hacking One Thread - All reported Gateway bricks

phazonknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey all,

Just to add some insight, I am still currently on b2, games work, eshop works and all that stuff. I have switched games on the gateway as well. The point I wanted to get to is the fact that it seems that some people are bricking during running diagnostic tests (not sure if this has been already confirmed). When I load gateway I never hold the L button anymore, by clicking the "profile" link it will load the GW automatically. When I switch games I usually just put the 3DS in sleep mode and then switch the microSD and then wake the 3DS back up with no problems. My 3DS has never run diagnosic tests and is very rarely off. Neo Draven, have you ever run diagnostic test on your unit? Since you and I are still on B2, I just wanted to get a sense of what we do as to the other reported bricks.

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey all,

Just to add some insight, I am still currently on b2, games work, eshop works and all that stuff. I have switched games on the gateway as well. The point I wanted to get to is the fact that it seems that some people are bricking during running diagnostic tests (not sure if this has been already confirmed). When I load gateway I never hold the L button anymore, by clicking the "profile" link it will load the GW automatically. When I switch games I usually just put the 3DS in sleep mode and then switch the microSD and then wake the 3DS back up with no problems. My 3DS has never run diagnosic tests and is very rarely off. Neo Draven, have you ever run diagnostic test on your unit? Since you and I are still on B2, I just wanted to get a sense of what we do as to the other reported bricks.

I ran the test many times (I'm also still on b2) and everything is still working flawlessly

phazonknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I ran the test many times (I'm also still on b2) and everything is still working flawlessly

Hmm, has the diagnostic test ever failed for you? That seems to be a common occurrence from what I have seen, or by simply switching the game from the gateway while 3DS is still on. I'm not sure if its on or on sleep mode but I can confirm that switching while on sleep mode works as I am switching between Bravely Default and Fire Emblem at the current moment and all is ok.

MichiS97

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hmm, has the diagnostic test ever failed for you? That seems to be a common occurrence from what I have seen, or by simply switching the game from the gateway while 3DS is still on. I'm not sure if its on or on sleep mode but I can confirm that switching while on sleep mode works as I am switching between Bravely Default and Fire Emblem at the current moment and all is ok.

It has failed sometimes when I used b1 but I think that that was a bug because my GW always worked flawlessly and since I'm on b2 it has never failed

phazonknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It has failed sometimes when I used b1 but I think that that was a bug because my GW always worked flawlessly and since I'm on b2 it has never failed

Hmm well never mind then. I thought it was chopped up to a bug in the diagnostic testing because I have never tried it and gateway works fine for me, same with switching games with microSD and all that. I don't want to belittle what gateway has done with a brick code death switch because that is unforgivable, I just think the panic has grown to large. I'll keep the community posted in case anything happens on b2.

And MichiS97 do you turn off your 3DS when your done with it? Or just leave it in sleepmode still in GW mode

MichiS97

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hmm well never mind then. I thought it was chopped up to a bug in the diagnostic testing because I have never tried it and gateway works fine for me, same with switching games with microSD and all that. I don't want to belittle what gateway has done with a brick code death switch because that is unforgivable, I just think the panic has grown to large. I'll keep the community posted in case anything happens on b2.

And MichiS97 do you turn off your 3DS when your done with it? Or just leave it in sleepmode still in GW mode

Well I turn it off when I'm done with playing, but I also had it in sleep mode for hours while in GW mode

hurfty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
With the confirmed bricks - they were all on b2 correct or did I miss a thread/post somewhere? Is it safe at this point to stick with b1 or is that risky as well and 1.2 is the only safe option?

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
https://www.defectivebydesign.org/nintendo

Any chance Nintendo is forcing the Bricks remotely? Or via their own hardware checks.. Could be a hazard of EmuNAND +- taking GW online

Highly doubt that at all. No emunand used, online nor even one rom played and still got bricked. I'm probably the fastest brick case in the whole world (35min give or take) using the GW card from the moment of opening the package on the morning I received it)

F417H

Trophies
XP
Country
Highly doubt that at all. No emunand used, online nor even one rom played and still got bricked. I'm probably the fastest brick case in the whole world (35min give or take) using the GW card from the moment of opening the package on the morning I received it)

There's that myth debunked then lol... And another reason to add to the library of not chancing 2.0b2 at this stage in the game.
Sorry for your loss dude :( Is it on it's way to GW or another fixing source yet?

KamazasBl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, got a brick on my 3ds like 10 mins ago.
INFO:
Used r4i 3,1 soft all the time and everything worked fine... what i did
Order that lead to brick
1) had 7xxxx14 emunand and got bravely default rom today was playing nicely, everything was great...
2) tried to update emunand with new patch, it went well
3) played a little bit more bravely default and on one part the game just froze and showed black screen
4) restarted, game works everything was fine
5) went to e shop to download pokemon bank and animal hospital demo
6) tried to launch pokemon bank, it got stuck on 3ds loading screen
7) restarted, went to options, launched the emunand got stuck on blue screen
8) brick

still no ways to unbrick with soft?

Edit:
If relevant the codes i get when i launch my 3ds:
BOOTROM 8046
ERRCODE: 00F800EF
FFFFFFFF FFFFFFFF
00000008 00000000

ginryu

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
INFO:
Order that lead to brick
1) had 7xxxx14 emunand and got bravely default rom today was playing nicely, everything was great...
3) played a little bit more bravely default and on one part the game just froze and showed black screen
8) brick

Edit:
BOOTROM 8046
FFFFFFFF FFFFFFFF
00000008 00000000

Sorry mate only hardware.

And for the record next time read the title, this thread is for gateway users that got bricked.

F417H

Trophies
XP
Country
Hindsight is a bitch.. Can't believe people can still get hold of the R4i 3.x FW! Sucks for you bro. Every time I jump into GW mode on 2.0b1 my heart stops while it tries to load, every freeze requiring a hard reset is bringing me a little closer to death.

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
There's that myth debunked then lol... And another reason to add to the library of not chancing 2.0b2 at this stage in the game.
Sorry for your loss dude :( Is it on it's way to GW or another fixing source yet?

On its way to GW, if it gets there that is.

F417H

Trophies
XP
Country
Beta 1 has no brick code and is buggy. You should know that already

Yeah yeah, units can still brick, especially considering its unsigned code etc reguardless of the bricking code itself. Although I havn't seen anyone yet blame a single brick on 2.0b1 yet so that's really just my paranoia at play!
My 3DSXL has been kept in pristine condition since purchase, kept every box/manual etc. It wasn't being used but it's still a prized possession. Still we know the risks and we still play the flashcart game, part of me loves taking the risks ;)

Niklas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
INFO:
Order that lead to brick
8) brick

Edit:
BOOTROM 8046
FFFFFFFF FFFFFFFF
00000008 00000000

Sorry for your loss...

I am still running 2.0b2, and have booted into Gateway Mode probably two dozen times from having my 3DS completely powered off since my last post on this topic. With the exception of maybe one out of every ten times where the system would freeze and force me to power it off and back on again, still haven't run into a single issue.

Doesn't mean that I don't have a heart attack every single time it DOES freeze up, though.

I understand the near heart attack, but not staying on b2. (It's just the 3DS you risk, but still).
I'm back to 1.2 for that reason, I didn't want to worry about a brick even if it's low to medium risk.
But still KamazasBl used a clone where it's intended to brick at random and it worked fine all along (with the exception of after it bricked).
My point is only that random functions means that more times it worked the more likley it is that it will brick the next time.

(Still everyone is free to risk their own 3DS)

J. Sinclair

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Sorry for you loss dude...

I don't think I even got PokeBank to work... don't remember.

Either way, as Niklas said, everyone are free to risk it, but on the other hand, I don't feel like it's much of a risk...
Did the same with my PSP and that had a worse percentage of brick.... so I'm good atm.

I just want to play games that we know work... Nothing else..

philroy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendo must be cock a hoop with this fiasco that brick way has caused they have done what Nintendo could never do and that's stopping piracy most people are just to scared to either use their cards or buy one f. king idiots

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ