Hacking One Thread - All reported Gateway bricks

F417H

Trophies
XP
Country
I have no idea that GW team is in China now,it's really astonish me, Why them live in there.

Because there are no laws (if not really slack ones) against piracy and cloning goods. Which allows businesses such as GW, R4, MT, Supercard and 3dsLink to thrive.

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
You and a few others have been unfortunate casualties throughout this bricking fiasco... I'd be pissed too :(
I hope they fix your console and you're able to enjoy 2.0 soon Retrofan_k.

I hope so too and then my faith will be restored with them. However, just emailed GW this morning for any updates, as its been just over 3 weeks since I shipped it to them. Still waiting to hear, yet not sure how long it would take for them to collect from the forwarder address I sent it to.

F417H

Trophies
XP
Country
Possibility it's still on sea then, given the recent storms that may have held it up a little. I hate shipping stuff from the UK to China it takes sooo long.

F417H

Trophies
XP
Country
First time I've shipped to there. How long was Chinese New Year for? I guessed that may have delayed it too

2 Weeks give or take, beats the crap outta our new years... 1 day off then straight back to work in the miserable weather... Hate it. I skipped New Years this year.

osirisjem

I miss the Wii remotes
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
no.gateway.bricks.jpg

Ideally some of the GBATemp reports of Gateway-induced bricking get clarified and resolved.
People deserve to know the truth if Gateway bricks 3DSes or it is just the clones that do.

F417H

Trophies
XP
Country
Given that people are buying 3rd party software/hardware and know that it's in some fashion illegal then the user is already taking risks. Granted even some informed people have taken the risk and been bitten, saying that people 'deserve to know the truth'... In this market they should be seeking it for themselves before participating in piracy etc.

Reactions: osirisjem

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Ideally some of the GBATemp reports of Gateway-induced bricking get clarified and resolved.
People deserve to know the truth.

What truth? You psychic, read minds, see in the future? and also that statement is a user made one, as far i'm concerned to add further fuel to the fire. Nothing has been clarified or resolved and is just hear say

However, If I had a time machine i'd go back to the exact moment when I opened the GW card the morning I got it and film the whole 35 min process when it bricked my 3DS, then post a link, so every fool can see it, yet unfortunately that ain't gonna happen.

Basically that statement and you're comment is a slap in the face, which indicates I'm a liar and to other legit users who got bricked. But seriously, I couldn't give a rats ass anymore to what people think. I know what happened and will stay like that, if people wanna be sheep and believe everything they hear then do so.

RicoT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I do yeah, but for some reason it only tracked up to the 4th Feb where it was due to be exported to China from the UK. Been no further tracking since.
For reference a parcel send from Shanghai to Harbin the southernmost to the northernmost by a economy express it only take me 5days
But if the parcel arrived here during 31th Jan to 6th Feb the Spring festival holiday it must be delayed

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
What truth? You psychic, read minds, see in the future? and also that statement is a user made one, as far i'm concerned to add further fuel to the fire. Nothing has been clarified or resolved and is just hear say

However, If I had a time machine i'd go back to the exact moment when I opened the GW card the morning I got it and film the whole 35 min process when it bricked my 3DS, then post a link, so every fool can see it, yet unfortunately that ain't gonna happen.

Basically that statement and you're comment is a slap in the face, which indicates I'm a liar and to other legit users who got bricked. But seriously, I couldn't give a rats ass anymore to what people think. I know what happened and will stay like that, if people wanna be sheep and believe everything they hear then do so.
hmmm seeing as i have a raspberry pi to restore if i brick i may record me repeatedly starting up gateway mode on b2 for an hour or so, see if we can finally catch the elusive brick proof on film XD,

i know its all random and it may still not get me, but if i do it would finally be undeniably proven :lol:

Kishnabe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Posting made up crap above like that does not help the situation or mine for that matter and instead spreads rumors again that sheep will follow. You think i'd want to fuck up my legit GW and 3DS for a laugh and waste money, spend my time on here advising others of what happened?? Don't think so as I have better things to do with my time. Seriously, people need to sort their head out unless it a medical health condition or a disability , as its mostly I see around here.
ws9pwx.png

I am sorry Retro for your loss. I hope you get yours fixed somehow.

It not made up crap, I don't want to be troll.

osirisjem

I miss the Wii remotes
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Thou Dost Protest too much ?

No one knows the truth.

I don't find the reports here to be entirely legit. Nor do I trust Gateway.

I think the truth will eventually come out. Feel free to rub it in my face in the future if you want.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I still don't recall reading about someone that actually had sent their 3DS to Gateway and confirmed they got it back fixed for free, because gayeway has bricked it in the first place. That would certainly end some of the discussions..also i think if there is actual proof, i see it as a sign that they can be trusted.

I really would like to know if there is actually someone that had the balls to do it..anyone?

Maybe i missed it though...i don't check every forum that posts about gateway stuff.

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
I have yet to receive an official response to my 3DS but the latest one is here:-

"we are handling the consoles now, we get back to you soon".

But if that email is true, which is posted here and not fake, then its a bunch of lies. I know what happened to mine and will stand by my ground, yet truthfully I'm not bothered anymore, as I'm tired of all this shit surrounding this bricking scandal. If GW wanna accuse me of being a cloner then so be it, I couldn't give a shit anymore. They are a Triad run organization from the looks of it and see $$$ at every possible corner and extortionate money from this by holding peoples consoles to ransom.

I know I took risks sending it but I give people benefit of the doubt, but if this comes back and they officially announce that every case was a cloner, then Fuck you GW and to the whole bunch of their users.

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
hmmm seeing as i have a raspberry pi to restore if i brick i may record me repeatedly starting up gateway mode on b2 for an hour or so, see if we can finally catch the elusive brick proof on film XD,

i know its all random and it may still not get me, but if i do it would finally be undeniably proven :lol:

To be honest I wish you would, as I'm getting tired of all the crap surrounding this bricking bollocks.

<snip>

RicoT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I have yet to receive an official response to my 3DS but the latest one is here:-

"we are handling the consoles now, we get back to you soon".

But if that email is true, which is posted here and not fake, then its a bunch of lies. I know what happened to mine and will stand by my ground, yet truthfully I'm not bothered anymore, as I'm tired of all this shit surrounding this bricking scandal. If GW wanna accuse me of being a cloner then so be it, I couldn't give a shit anymore. They are a Triad run organization from the looks of it and see $$$ at every possible corner and extortionate money from this by holding peoples consoles to ransom.

I know I took risks sending it but I give people benefit of the doubt, but if this comes back and they officially announce that every case was a cloner, then Fuck you GW and to the whole bunch of their users.
THX I also received email let me to send 3dsLL to him for fixing.But it is look like they don't trust what I said and the picture like your icon .I really worry about they will take wrong check to misunderstanding me as a cloner. So maybe I will fix it by raspberry Pi and get it blue again and get a video

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
THX I also received email let me to send 3dsLL to him for fixing.But it is look like they don't trust what I said and the picture like your icon .I really worry about they will take wrong check to misunderstanding me as a cloner. So maybe I will fix it by raspberry Pi and get it blue again and get a video

At the time there was no unbrick fix when it happened to me, as it was getting worked on. Also, I was not in the position to wait and opted to sending it GW. You're probably best using the Raspberry Pi and do it yourself or someone who can

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I hate these DIY furniture kits so bad