Retro Games and Consoles!

One retro console for life. What would you pick?

Flame

Me > You
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
If you are allowed current gen and next gen for rest of your life and only play ONE retro what would you choose and why?

you might thinking Flame is asking a question which would never happen. but in my case. its kinda true. i play loads of stuff. but always end up playing GBA in the end.

PSP. gba emu. 3DS? can it play gba? vita... oh yes mGBA. switch? offical GBA online wen damn it ?

edit:

i mean one library of console.

Last edited by Flame,
  • Love
Reactions: CoolMe

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If the option for hacking is allowed, PSP is an easy choice. Literally have a massive library of retro games to play on it. The DS would also be up there as well but only falls short because no PS1 emulation on it.

Flame

Me > You
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
If the option for hacking is allowed, PSP is an easy choice. Literally have a massive library of retro games to play on it. The DS would also be up there as well but only falls short because no PS1 emulation on it.

i mean mean one library. unhacked like peasants.

i mean everyone will be like X or Y. because its able to play A or B.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Emulation/homebrew being in play (and assuming it will get to either as it is today or maybe what realistic limitations are) changes things.

3ds has no games so no great issue in skipping that.

Then between DS, PSP and Vita, and I have not explored the Vita as much as I would like. PSP being able to do PS1 (I am not counting the dingux efforts for the ismm/dstwo on the DS) does open up a world of possibilities.

No emulation/only official and that gets harder. I think I would take DS over GBA but am very much prepared to here arguments for the opposite.

Reactions: Flame

Kopimist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If hacking and emulation is allowed, I would have to say WiiU. As that can play a whole bunch of games from all different systems.

Hacking and emulation excluded gets trickier. Maybe NES?

Reactions: Flame

CORE

3:16
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If I cant have PS3 CFW AIO Playstation
If I cant have Wii U CFW AIO Nintendo
If I cant have XBOX 360 CFW with XBOX Compatability , MSX , NEC etc.
If I cant have Dreamcast Modded with Emulators etc.
If I cant have PS4 Pro CFW with Linux and other bells and whistles etc.

PlayStation easiliy but if I cant have the above but can have a PC capable of all above and more then im good Thank God it just a bad dream because I do have all above and multiple PCs:D

Reactions: Kopimist and Flame

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The 'no mods/cfw' caveat really cripples the options... if it weren't for that I'd probably say Vita or PS3, but with the caveat in place it would be a tough choice between PS2 and 3DS.
PS2 obviously also allows for PS1 titles, and 3DS obviously also allows for DS titles as well as a vast virtual console library.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
PlayStation 2 in a heartbeat
While certainly a solid pick given the alternatives with much interesting potential in the library then how would you respond to charge that most PS2 has aged somewhere between milk and banana pudding?

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think i would go with the 3DS. Full DS back-compatibility. GBA/GB/GBC/NES/SNES/Genesis etc. VC games. It just has a great library.
I thought about the PS Vita too, with the ability of playing PSP & PS1 games as well, a tough contender for sure..

Reactions: Maximumbeans

Tempesto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While certainly a solid pick given the alternatives with much interesting potential in the library then how would you respond to charge that most PS2 has aged somewhere between milk and banana pudding?
I'd agree that it's aged. Even so, the PS2 was my first console, aside from the V-Smile, and I had so many memories on NFS Underground 2 and ATV Offroad 2.

Reactions: Kopimist

Kopimist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd agree that it's aged. Even so, the PS2 was my first console, aside from the V-Smile, and I had so many memories on NFS Underground 2 and ATV Offroad 2.
ATV Offroad fury games are the s***. I wish they still made them

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ATV Offroad fury games are the s***. I wish they still made them
The MX vs ATV series (they merged what was once their other franchise motocross madness and ATV together into that) not scratching the itch? I will give I have my issues with the 360 and what I have seen of the post THQ/embracer group stuff but I count the original xbox efforts there among my favourite games to zone out to (2 player free roam making your own fun, random waypoint races... serious good times there). Granted I normally ignore the ATV/quad bike component in favour of the MX side of things but those times I do go in for that they do acceptably.

Reactions: sage3k

Kopimist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The MX vs ATV series (they merged what was once their other franchise motocross madness and ATV together into that) not scratching the itch? I will give I have my issues with the 360 and what I have seen of the post THQ/embracer group stuff but I count the original xbox efforts there among my favourite games to zone out to (2 player free roam making your own fun, random waypoint races... serious good times there). Granted I normally ignore the ATV/quad bike component in favour of the MX side of things but those times I do go in for that they do acceptably.
I didn't even know about this tbh lol. I no longer own a 360 though sadly and my GPU in my pc is trash so emulation with Xenia isn't possible for me. Oh well

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Group statistics

Members:
Threads:
Photos: