machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Byronic Hero said:
machomuu said:
What does 4Kids have to do with it? By then One Piece was owned by Funimation.
Yeah, but by then the damage had already been done.

4kids tried to make it more kid-friendly when in reality, it was aimed at the same demographic as DBZ.

If Funimation had been in charge of the dub in the first place, I think One Piece would have had a better shot at continuing past the Skypia Arc. There certainly wouldn't have been any of this:
da8cd5dfc3d0d0_full.jpg

There may have been a little blood-removal, (as they did with DBZ Kai, but that could have just been cause it was on Nicktoons) but that can be overlooked.
Yeah, I know that 4Kids is the devil and they are everything that's wrong with One Piece and DBK (Blue Popo? What?) It's rather sad that they made so many people stop liking the show, though.

And I'm honestly sad that the Water Seven arc never got dubbed, that was one fantastic arc.

Byronic Hero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think Funimation is still dubbing OP, if I am not mistaken. So there is a possibility that it'll still get dubbed.

Still prefer the Original Japanese dub though.

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Wonder how far in the storyline the two games will go? We know that both of them at least include the Marineford Arc. I doubt they will get very far into the story after the time skip. Hopefully they at least reach Fishman Island.

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update: There has been lots of reports on the forums I visit for new info. Some people are stating that the new V Jump confirms that the game will cover the events that go from East Blue to the New World, and that there are also two small pics of Baratie Restaurant and Impel Down. I'll post the scan once someone scans them.

Byronic Hero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really hope somebody localizes this. Especially if it's going through the whole 1st half of the show. I was under the impression that they'd only do stuff from the New World arc.

Hyro-Sama

Trophies
XP
Country
Byronic Hero said:
I really hope somebody localizes this. Especially if it's going through the whole 1st half of the show. I was under the impression that they'd only do stuff from the New World arc.

LOL Wat? There isn't enough content in the New World Arc (it hasn't even started) to create a whole game.

Regrading the scan, I hate the way Luffy's scar looks. It looks like someone smeared poo on his chest.

Byronic Hero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hyro-Sama said:
Byronic Hero said:

LOL Wat? There isn't enough content in the New World Arc (it hasn't even started) to create a whole game.

I thought they'd take the Unlimited (Series) route and make it have an original story but with everybody in their post-timeskip personas.

Regrading the scan, I hate the way Luffy's scar looks. It looks like someone smeared poo on his chest.
I think it looks cool. Luffy's always got his chest exposed anyway, so I guess they felt it was time to have something on it.

Hyro-Sama

Trophies
XP
Country
Byronic Hero said:
I thought they'd take the Unlimited (Series) route and make it have an original story but with everybody in their post-timeskip personas.

Not sure if that would have worked because of the time skip. The Straw Hats have developed a mystery around them and all of their capabilities have not been brought to light yet. Hopefully this game will do well enough to earn a sequel. I would love the see the New World in HD.

QUOTEI think it looks cool. Luffy's always got his chest exposed anyway, so I guess they felt it was time to have something on it.

I like the scar itself. It fits Luffy perfectly. It shows he some battle experience as a pirate
acts as a reminder of who killed his brother.
I just hate how it has been rendered. IMO it should have a more fleshy colour.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hyro-Sama said:
Byronic Hero said:

Not sure if that would have worked because of the time skip. The Straw Hats have developed a mystery around them and all of their capabilities have not been brought to light yet. Hopefully this game will do well enough to earn a sequel. I would love the see the New World in HD.

QUOTEI think it looks cool. Luffy's always got his chest exposed anyway, so I guess they felt it was time to have something on it.

-snip-
Spoilers Hyro! Spoilers! The English manga isn't that far yet!

nugundam0079

Prime Сasual Dating - Verified Women
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Guild McCommunist said:
Dynasty Warriors with a bad reskin to me.

I like my vanilla Dynasty Warriors, I don't want a reskin of it with bleh characters.

You know, I don't think ive ever seen you post ANYTHING positive EVER-

Daidude

Puzzled
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hyro-Sama said:
Byronic Hero said:

couldn't stop laughing when I read that then went up to look at the picture
rofl2.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I see your mop and raise you George's mop lol