Hacking [OLD] Loadiine backup loader for WiiU 5.3.2 ONLY (NO 5.4 NO 5.5!)

skydancer93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once I launch the game and TCP Gecko is dumping it, can I exit out of the game or does it need to be running the entire time I'm dumping it?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
does WiiU support ExFat?
it's using the format the wiiU supports. there's no additional library layers, it's just native format.
loadiine asks the console to read SD instead of disc, that's all. the console is the one managing the file system.

There's currently no file bigger than 4GB, so FAT32 is enough. unless we go later to a single binary file format instead of extracted file system.

Reactions: Tarantus

Tarantus

Trophies
Website
ow.ly
XP
Country
Brazil
@Cyan - Tnx for you reply kind Sir.

I tried the first version of Bayonetta with a 16Gb SanDisk SD formated on both exFAT and FAT32 64kb, but I didnt had any success...
The path tree is the lastest one (/wiiu/game/Bayonetta [AAFD01]/) got code, content and meta there.

The problem happens when I choose Loadiine at the 'recommended website'. Tried the Loadiine 532 exploit, Loadiine 1, Loadiine v3 for 532 and none works. Just gimme a glitched black screen and freezes. Sometimes it only freezes there at the browser. Tried 12x and counting.

Anything I did wrong? Would be better if I had hosted Loadiine on my own network with the help of an apache server?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Bayonneta needs Loadiine v4.0
in the recommended website, select "Loadiine Kernel (5.3.2)" if you are on WiiU 5.3.2, then select "Loadiine (v4)"

it could help hosting the kernel files yourself, it will speed the load time instead of downloading from a server. but will not make it work 100% every time.
The kernel is not stable and sometime it can work on first try, sometime you need 10 or 20 tries before it succesfully patch the kernel.

The loadiine link can sometime freeze at the install (where you select the IP or press A), just try again.

Tarantus

Trophies
Website
ow.ly
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, I saw how the Gateway3DS works, and it isnt to hard to use the exploit via web, now, about the loadiine, I must confess that I'm frustraded ATM. :P

My Wii U is exactly on 5.3.2 U, and even after several tries with the Loadiine Kernel 5.3.2, it cant get past the black glitched screen, alas...
Gonna try to change my MicroSD adapter and run a defrag on the card to see if it helps. Any advice if it is a better option to use my Smash Bros U disc within the process or not?

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

so LuigiU asked me to post a little preview video and here it is. It doesnt show much of the GUI (stuff like settings isnt shown) as I didnt want to have to upload a long video but it shows a new feature i added today (besides game launching). Game launching is also shown (right now without many launching effects or confirmation screens which might change before first release, but its not priority for now).

Have fun.

I was fighting with a lot of issues the past days but its all fixed now. As things look right now there are only a few things left todo and all of them are not very time consuming. We might target next weekend or the weekend after that for a first (maybe beta) release. Depends if i dont run into more trouble but it doesnt look like that anymore.

PS:
Don't worry. The music choice is not final :P (it's an mp3 and can be replaced anyway) and yes it plays on TV and DRC (even different sounds on TV and DRC is possible if needed). Sorry for the poor quality of my camera.

Last edited by dimok,

canariobr

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey guys,

so LuigiU asked me to post a little preview video and here it is. It doesnt show much of the GUI (stuff like settings isnt shown) as I didnt want to have to upload a long video but it shows a new feature i added today (besides game launching). Game launching is also shown (right now without many launching effects or confirmation screens which might change before first release, but its not priority for now).

Have fun.

I was fighting with a lot of issues the past days but its all fixed now. As things look right now there are only a few things left todo and all of them are not very time consuming. We might target next weekend or the weekend after that for a first (maybe beta) release. Depends if i dont run into more trouble but it doesnt look like that anymore.

PS:
Don't worry. The music choice is not final :P and yes it plays on TV and DRC (even different sounds on TV and DRC is possible if needed). Sorry for the poor quality of my camera.

wonderful work!

thanks for sharing the news with us!

setsunahq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Well, I saw how the Gateway3DS works, and it isnt to hard to use the exploit via web, now, about the loadiine, I must confess that I'm frustraded ATM. :P

My Wii U is exactly on 5.3.2 U, and even after several tries with the Loadiine Kernel 5.3.2, it cant get past the black glitched screen, alas...
Gonna try to change my MicroSD adapter and run a defrag on the card to see if it helps. Any advice if it is a better option to use my Smash Bros U disc within the process or not?
I had a lot of problem running the kernel with mine, I tried clearing browser data yadi yadi yada and they don't really help, I only started getting consistency result from kernel after I deleted data of my wii u and set it up brand new.

Tarantus

Trophies
Website
ow.ly
XP
Country
Brazil
I had a lot of problem running the kernel with mine, I tried clearing browser data yadi yadi yada and they don't really help, I only started getting consistency result from kernel after I deleted data of my wii u and set it up brand new.
You mean wiping every info, like reseting to factory defaults?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Dem 🥜 s +1