Hacking [OLD] Loadiine backup loader for WiiU 5.3.2 ONLY (NO 5.4 NO 5.5!)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it looks legit.
I don't know who made it, but it's a developer who knows and understand GX/GX2 graphical libraries.

We (well dimok and other devs) planed to do a GUI soon, but someone else did.
we don't know if it will be released, if it is then we could merge it with official loadiine release. If not, we will do our own. there's now a lot more available memory for a nice GUI.

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
it looks legit.
I don't know who made it, but it's a developer who knows and understand GX/GX2 graphical libraries.

We (well dimok and other devs) planed to do a GUI soon, but someone else did.
we don't know if it will be released, if it is then we could merge it with official loadiine release. If not, we will do our own. there's now a lot more available memory for a nice GUI.
That's good to hear :) hopefully the person that made that will release it would save abit of work. Also I was wondering if at some point there would be a way for loadiine to remember which mode you want to use for each individual game? That would be a nice feature. Either way I'm looking forwud to the new releases

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think settings can be a future feature.
one thing at a time.

First, compatibility will arise on next release.
Then probably a GUI, next a proper settings menu.
settings could contains server's IP and server enable/disabled (that's the only options for the moment).
Though, the server is (currently) enabled at loadiine install, not at game selection. It may change in next release ;)

other settings which could be nice: (It's NOT worked on or planed)
- Launch disc (to bypass update warning but not redirect files to SD). Could be used for users without spoof, to play online from disc (maybe, if there's no additional check later).
- enable TCPgecko handler
- save location (internal, SD) (if we find how to allow write access to another folder)
- save per profile (use proper userID instead of shared c and u)
- enable NNUpatcher (nnu patch replacement, to access eshop ingames, to buy DLCs, WHEN online will work), but could be enabled by default, no setting needed.
- dump game files (dumpiine replacement)
- dump save files (saviine replacement)
- Force Region+Language (to use EU/en instead of US/en by default, prevent renaming folders)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Its nice to see loadiine improving, I never thought it would become so good!

I only hope Mario Kart 8 will be playable one day... or maybe it will just when we have IOSU exploit...
mario kart 8 has already been confirmed working on their private beta, the next release should hopefully bring compatibility to near 100%
I think settings can be a future feature.
one thing at a time.

First, compatibility will arise on next release.
Then probably a GUI, next a proper settings menu.
settings could contains server's IP and server enable/disabled (that's the only options for the moment).
Though, the server is (currently) enabled at loadiine install, not at game selection. It may change in next release ;)

other settings which could be nice: (It's NOT worked on or planed)
- Launch disc (to bypass update warning but not redirect files to SD). Could be used for users without spoof, to play online from disc.
- enable TCPgecko handler
- save location (internal, SD) (if we find how to allow write access to another folder)
- enable NNUpatcher (nnu patch replacement, to access eshop ingames, to buy DLCs, WHEN online will work), but could be enabled by default, no setting needed.
- dump game files (dumpiine replacement)
- dump save files (saviine replacement)
any chance of a region spoofer too, it seems that its just determined by the country.bin file from the nand (afaik), would help for games that lack the language files for other regions (i.e US Nes remix) not totally necessary, but would be handy to not have to try figure out what files need to be moved about when launching out of region games

Reactions: canariobr

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'll ask dimok (or he will read it himself here) if the country.bin content in memory can be patched.
I don't have games which needs path renaming to test, but I guess I can test with multi-language games.
So it would be a setting to force a region and language.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
mario kart 8 has already been confirmed working on their private beta, the next release should hopefully bring compatibility to near 100%
This is exciting news. Can anyone point out where I could maybe follow developers or anything for the updates, much like how Smealum can be just followed on twitter for the latest and greatest.

any chance of a region spoofer too, it seems that its just determined by the country.bin file from the nand (afaik), would help for games that lack the language files for other regions (i.e US Nes remix) not totally necessary, but would be handy to not have to try figure out what files need to be moved about when launching out of region games
I would personally like something that maybe could modify it in memory, so you can "install" it like you "install" loadiine, without modifying it in the system memory. People already told that the Wii U is too tightly knit and just modifying your region data can brick your system currently.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
This is exciting news. Can anyone point out where I could maybe follow developers or anything for the updates, much like how Smealum can be just followed on twitter for the latest and greatest.
here.
this is the place we report new versions, and progress (I even spoil the future features too soon, haha)
There's no twitter or facebook, or social media. this thread is the only one.

You can also check this graphic to see if a new release is available:
https://github.com/dimok789/loadiine/network

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
here.
this is the place we report new versions, and progress (I even spoil the future features too soon, haha)
There's no twitter or facebook, or social media. this thread is the only one.

You can also check this graphic to see if a new release is available:
https://github.com/dimok789/loadiine/network

Good stuff. Not that it is too bad it is just hard to keep up with forums especially ones as fast as these.
I still find current state of Wii U fun. Seeing the presentation from fail0verflow it might take a while before we have a Wii U homebrew channel or anything like that. Wii U was not PS3 by sony (sadly?)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP

I would personally like something that maybe could modify it in memory, so you can "install" it like you "install" loadiine, without modifying it in the system memory. People already told that the Wii U is too tightly knit and just modifying your region data can brick your system currently.
oh yeah i didnt mean install anything, i just meant see if its possible to patch the game on the fly to alter language settings, i had a lil mess about with it but im no dev and im sure they could do something much more streamlined and more importantly functional :rofl:

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hi there,
does SD card speed (UHS-I or UHS-II) noticeably makes a difference in games loading speed ?
I think it is noticeable between class 4 to 10 but dunno about anything over 10 (or UHS1).
Also like I been advocating: If you are having slow loading times with some of your games, try to format the card in 64Kb allocation size. This helps with some titles quite drastically, like Project Zero.

Reactions: AlBa

Techup

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, If it's your dream to play that game, why not buy just that one game?
yes, that's my dream do not see the problem.
you do not dream in your country?
you are from sweden. you are already in Europe does not dream of that you have everything.
unfortunately we only have our dreams.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
you are from sweden. you are already in Europe does not dream of that you have everything.
lol to be honest that doesnt make much sence, if you had the money to buy an wiiu im sure you can atleast buy 2 or 3 games a year, i mean when i really want a game i save up and buy it for my colection.

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country

If you only have dreams what hardware will run your game on then?

Last edited by fatsquirrel,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
let's keep this thread about loadiine.
thanks.

we all understood that he wanted to pirate his games instead of buying the one he wants.
Let it go, he is not the first one and will not be the last. everybody did it once. don't start getting on him.
If he wanted to buy games he would already have. if he doesn't want, that's not someone else who will make him change.
we don't need another debate, this is the loader thread. let users do what they want with their games.

deformyer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hmmm, the OP mentions that SD cards up to 256GB are supported, but wiiubrew states that the wiiu has a SDHC port which only supports up to 32GB.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone