Hacking Old firmware useful in any way?

rebelleader

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
Hey guys,

so I went out and got a rather "old" looking WiiU bundle at a shop. New but not bought for some time I thought. Well i was right. It's on firmware 1.0.2, new and unused from launch it seems.

Is there any reason I might not want to update it to 5.3.2 for homebrew stuff? Or is it just an ancient firmware that serves no purpose whatsoever?

Thanks!

EpicLPer

Your friendly Austrian IT Guy
Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
No since a lot of libraries would be missing to enjoy newer games.
Get Splatoon or something with 5.3.2 on it, update to that, then spoof to 5.5.1 with WUP Installer.

Oh and after that block updates with Tubehax!

D

Deleted-355425

Hey guys,

so I went out and got a rather "old" looking WiiU bundle at a shop. New but not bought for some time I thought. Well i was right. It's on firmware 1.0.2, new and unused from launch it seems.

Is there any reason I might not want to update it to 5.3.2 for homebrew stuff? Or is it just an ancient firmware that serves no purpose whatsoever?

Thanks!

Keep it off the internet :D

ANTONIOPS

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
wow that's the release firmware, full of security vulnerabilities, in a couple of years you could sell it for billions of gold coins, but right now it's pretty useless without updating so... update to 5.3.2 and enjoy the homebrew applications.

typ0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Do you need to use the Wii U at the moment? Hykem will support older FW's with his IOSU exploit when it's released and it is actually ready to go for FW 3.01 I believe. You should then be able to use an emunand setup to get all the features of 5.5.1 and beyond with the exploit running on an older FW that may lead the way for better exploits not possible on the current FW.

So if you can wait a bit you may be better off. I have a console with 1.02 as well which I am holding off updating (a spare).

Reactions: canariobr

triplekiller

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Anyone remember what happened to the "oh so superior" pre-5.3.2 firmware exploits?,
I think it was naerwährt or somebody else, that said that firmware´s like 5.1.0 are superior when it comes to exploiting it, since the exploit would be simpler to execute/was permanent, now nobody even talks about it anymore, and the only support I see the WiiU scene getting, is on firmwares 5.3.2+

Reactions: sanec

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro