mommafish

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi,

I haven't been updating my 3ds for a very very long time. I have been using rxtools and menuhax since the beginning but now there are so many new custom firmwares and i dont know where do begin...
I want to start over.

Can someone guide me to install the latest custom firmware
My system firmware is 9.2 and i'm thinking of using a fresh SD card to install the new firmware.. What else do i need?

jorgeDS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So maybe you can help me out proflayton, I cant seem to be able to make a thread so I'll post this here.

Just updated my 3DS, last time I did it was when sun and moon came out and now I'm getting the black screen. I can still access Luma3DS settings but I have no idea what to do. pls send help.

its luma 3ds version 5.5 btw

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So maybe you can help me out proflayton, I cant seem to be able to make a thread so I'll post this here.

Just updated my 3DS, last time I did it was when sun and moon came out and now I'm getting the black screen. I can still access Luma3DS settings but I have no idea what to do. pls send help.

if you have al9h then do this A9LH to B9S
if you have b9s then do this Updating B9S

Reactions: jorgeDS

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

Update to 7.0.5 (copy the arm9loaderhax.bin over the one on your SD card) https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

if you have al9h then do this A9LH to B9S
if you have b9s then do this Updating B9S
He has 5.5, obviously A9LH :-p

Reactions: jorgeDS

jorgeDS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updated to 7.0.5, now its giving me the configuration menu with all the options unpicked (I remember some were picked when I accessed luma settings but not which)

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Show NAND in System Settings and Autoboot SysNAND are the ones you really need.
:unsure:i thought the setting in luma was "autoboot emunand" (and in that case leave it unticked . . . unless you use emunand)

edit: perhaps it was different in that version :unsure:

Last edited by wormdood,

jorgeDS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All good now, do I still need to update to this B9S? I remember I fucked up when doing the hack and installed the CFW on sysNand so anything that can brick it I'd like to stay away from. Thanks for the help everyone <3

mommafish

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I was wondering... Can i toss away my old SD card (with rxtools.. etc) and insert a fresh SD card and redo from the beginning again?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
:unsure:i thought the setting in luma was "autoboot emunand" (and in that case leave it unticked . . . unless you use emunand)
Yeah. it used to be autoboot sysNAND but it was changed a few versions ago.

I was wondering... Can i toss away my old SD card (with rxtools.. etc) and insert a fresh SD card and redo from the beginning again?
Yeah, but why? That's just extra effort for not much reason.

Reactions: wormdood

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can but its better to use that sd card (just delete menuhax if you have it) then follow the guide (on sysnand)

near the end of the guide it will allow you to transfer your emunand over

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All good now, do I still need to update to this B9S? I remember I fucked up when doing the hack and installed the CFW on sysNand so anything that can brick it I'd like to stay away from. Thanks for the help everyone <3
If you want to keep your Luma3DS version up to date, then yes you will need to update to b9s. You cannot brick going from a9lh to b9s.

mommafish

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Yeah i could do that too. But the reason why i want to redo on a new SD card because the size is too small.

Current SD card 8gb.. New card 32GB :P I hate deleting old stuff to make up for more space for new games.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah i could do that too. But the reason why i want to redo on a new SD card because the size is too small.

Current SD card 8gb.. New card 32GB :P I hate deleting old stuff to make up for more space for new games.
once you complete the guide you will simply be able to copy paste to the larger sd and use it and still have your installed games/apps/saves

but again if you want to ditch the old sd and start fresh then you can its up to you (its actually how i did my first a9lh install)

Last edited by wormdood,

mommafish

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
once you complete the guide you will simply be able to copy paste to the larger sd and use it and still have your installed games/apps/saves

but again if you want to ditch the old sd and start fresh then you can its up to you (its actually how i did my first a9lh install)

Good idea. I think i will just try to update to luma on my current sd card first.
Thank you:yaynds:

Reactions: wormdood

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them