Gaming Ok Im really confused

Blastoise

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok so Half Byte Loader r97 got released today. I know a little about the PSP hacking stuff but im still really confused.
Iv tried searching everywhere but im still struggling to understand it.

I have a psp 3000 on 6.20. Is it possible to hack it now that HBL r97 has been released.

Sorry if this seems really n00bish. Im still trying to grasp the whole thing.

Thanks!

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
What is the Difference between HBL and a Custom firmware (CFW)?

HBL allows you to run homebrews on a PSP that has an official firmware. A Custom firmware is a piece of software that is usually flashed on your PSP’s flash memory. A Custom Firmware patches your PSP firmware to run unsigned software. Usuall CFW allow users to run plugins, isos (backup of official games), homebrews, and allow you to customize your XMB (psp menu). HBL “only” allows you to run homebrews.

Does HBL run isos ?

No

http://wololo.net/wagic/half-byte-loader-faq/

Blastoise

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
xist said:
What is the Difference between HBL and a Custom firmware (CFW)?

HBL allows you to run homebrews on a PSP that has an official firmware. A Custom firmware is a piece of software that is usually flashed on your PSP’s flash memory. A Custom Firmware patches your PSP firmware to run unsigned software. Usuall CFW allow users to run plugins, isos (backup of official games), homebrews, and allow you to customize your XMB (psp menu). HBL “only” allows you to run homebrews.

Does HBL run isos ?

No

http://wololo.net/wagic/half-byte-loader-faq/

Thankyou mate!

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
6.20 can't be hacked yet, right? My brother wants to know since he's seen all the wonderful things my PSP can steal and wants in, but his is running 6.20. PSP 1K model white. Can that be hacked or not? I have a spare battery kicking around if that helps, and obviously I'm running Prometheus. Anything I can do to help him?

Never heard of HBL, but if my question is answered then you can always downgrade to a lower firmware and use proper CFW, right?

oneesli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i made a guide here
yaypsp.gif

nico445

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Blaze163 said:
6.20 can't be hacked yet, right? My brother wants to know since he's seen all the wonderful things my PSP can steal and wants in, but his is running 6.20. PSP 1K model white. Can that be hacked or not? I have a spare battery kicking around if that helps, and obviously I'm running Prometheus. Anything I can do to help him?

Never heard of HBL, but if my question is answered then you can always downgrade to a lower firmware and use proper CFW, right?
what kind of psp do you have? with cfw and a 1000 psp or a very early 2000 you could just make a softmodded pandora battery to install cfw on his psp.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
nico445 said:
Blaze163 said:

what kind of psp do you have? with cfw and a 1000 psp or a very early 2000 you could just make a softmodded pandora battery to install cfw on his psp.
Yeah, as you have a CFW'd PSP, you can softmod the battery and you have no need for any physical modifications.
biggrin.gif
1Ks can be hacked no matter what.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But still using the save on a emulator, then back to switch is shady
    +2
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    Yea, that's the only thing I want to clarify actually. If someone has tried it with no problems.
    +1
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    If using the save on the emulator flags the save file. :/
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    Again, "using" I mean normal gameplay not modify it with other means like pokehex, etc
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    @BigOnYa, Can you help me clarify this thing somehow? Do you know someone that may know or have tried it?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Just play it on the emulation at home and portable use the normal save, I wouldn't risk anything if online is important to you
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My psychiatrist tried to help me once said it was mine 9 months later
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just ask in the forums if anybody has done it, I don't know of anybody who has, or would risk it.
    Baby daddy issues lol
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    this is what I did here. I hope I get some responces
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy was a little cray cray
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Go cray cray on it like a coloring book
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Got so mad my Bluetooth made me break a tooth
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    that's why you should get titanium implants
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm actually waiting on insurance to accept those ffs almost been waiting 2 weeks
    +1
    steal them off off a corpse
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mmm live persons more fun psi you're like 50 you should have a few :tpi:
    +1
    sold them all for meth\
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Meth implants the officer will never know sneaky flordians
    Meth pipe teeth, never loose your meth pipe again!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Butt implants are preferred teeth implants more reliable
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's just my meth pipe vibrating
    +1
    Meth gator teams up with Godzilla, Godzilla uses his nuclear fire breath to light a meth lab on fire where meth gator gets imbued with radioactive meth.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Meth gator teams up with Godzilla, Godzilla uses his nuclear fire breath to light a meth lab on...