Hacking Ohneswanzenegger Not Working?

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can do that when I get home from work, sure.

A far as I know it's the newest version of BootMii from the latest HackMii installer, but just to be sure I can format my SD card, then put the latest HackMii installer - remove BootMii and reinstall it as boot2 and copy the files to the SD.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, so I did all of that while leaving it on the SD card, not moving it at all... same error.

I open the nand.bin in Ohneschwanzenegger afterwards, and I just see "Error creating new uid.sys"

So it won't even let me format the thing. Something is definitely screwed on my Wii. Someone want a copy of my nand.bin to look at? I can also make a video of the entire process if it would help.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK guys

I made a video showing exactly what I'm doing and what happens. Someone please help!

(I'll remove the video once this problem is fixed so I'm not too fussed about my serial number being visible)

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update: If I restore the formatted NAND, then immediately back it up again (without even leaving BootMii), it does check out fine in nandbindcheck. So apparently the process of trying to load the Wii menu is what's bricking it and erasing my uid.sys.

I am curious, though, if the uid.sys is stored in one of those blocks that doesn't get overwritten (see the video)

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1- Comex nand formater
-pain in the ass

2-ohneswanzeneger
-nand format, no system menu install
-install only ios36-v1042 on nand
-restore nand with bootmii
-try cboot2 wadmanager
-install system menu, system ios, region select, elua
-cboot2 system setting replace mod, restore setting.txt
-really silly way to try to fix this.

You really should not be having this issue, very odd.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is cboot2 wadmanager, I assume you replace the BootMii elf files with a WAD manager so it loads in boot2?

I could try Comex NAND Formatter, I saw there was some warning about permissions not being the same but it's worth a try to just see if it works at all.

If I upload my formatted nand.bin, can someone else try it on their Wii and see if it works? Because if it works for you guys but not for me then I can definitely narrow it down to my Wii - if it does it for everyone it's probably a problem with Ohneschwanzenegger. On that note, is 4.1u even still available on NUS? If it got stubbed that might be why this is happening.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: After watching, that I feel like I'm on them already