Hacking Official "Will Xenoblade Chronicles 3D work on Gateway or Sky?" Thread

motezazer

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Working great on mine

Sky3DS isn't blocked YET. You can see that I didn't speak at past.

It's too early to say they have blocked Sky3DS definitely. Sure 9.6 EmuNAND is not supported, but once Gateway breaks the encryption, hello 9.6 EmuNAND. I mean, it was the same back when EmuNAND support was first announced and released. They broke through the previous encryption and so we had EmuNAND.

I think you meant emuNAND. Yes, they didn't do the error they did with 9.5, so, except if GW manages somehow to have a 9.6 exploit or to dump bootrom, we can say it's definitively blocked.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They could require online registration for each game before allowing them to be played, that would stop all piracy, unless people were content with only playing old games on old firmware and having no online access.

Online Registration does not stop pirates. It stops them from playing online, but that is all. I've had plenty a game "borrowed" that required online accounts. Someone makes a crack to trick the game into passing the online requirement, and you're at 50% through the game before the company even knows how to fix it (Ubisoft for one example).

upfromtheskies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think they will, knowing Nintendo. My theory sounds better (and I have actual proofs this is possible)

They probably won't do it anytime soon, but I bet we'll see it on their next gen consoles. The only way around this for pirates would be to mod the OS and games to connect to a server other than Nintendo, but they would need knowledge of what Nintendo is doing on their end of the registration process. The next step for Nintendo would be to make all of their games streaming only, which probably won't happen yet, but once free public wifi goes into effect, which corporations like Facebook are trying to make happen, we'll probably see it.

NintendoFan3DS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Even if you can't go on the eShop, you can still install the update by getting the .cia file of it and then use devmenu to install it.

yeah right, but how someone can do this file if 9.6 emunand is not supported

or maybe is it possible to update in 9.5 emunand, if yes nevermind?

upfromtheskies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Online Registration does not stop pirates. It stops them from playing online, but that is all. I've had plenty a game "borrowed" that required online accounts. Someone makes a crack to trick the game into passing the online requirement, and you're at 50% through the game before the company even knows how to fix it (Ubisoft for one example).

It would stop them if the OS requires a encrypted key to be present in order to launch the game, which can only be obtained by registering the game online.

If Nintendo really wanted to, they could stop pirates for good, but it's not worth doing at the moment. They'll wait until they're creating a whole new system, then they're already in the development process and can just implement these things along the way.

motezazer

Trophies
XP
Country
France
They probably won't do it anytime soon, but I bet we'll see it on their next gen consoles. The only way around this for pirates would be to mod the OS and games to connect to a server other than Nintendo, but they would need knowledge of what Nintendo is doing on their end of the registration process. The next step for Nintendo would be to make all of their games streaming only, which probably won't happen yet, but once free public wifi goes into effect, which corporations like Facebook are trying to make happen, we'll probably see it.

Perhaps you want to hear my proofs.
If I speak about speed checks :
-speed cannot be emulated perfectly (even the almighty DSTWO cannot do that)
-as 3DS OS is now a sort of preemptive OS, it can kill processes while they are running
-Nintendo already did that in the past (however, it was for NDS games, which were able to be patched, not like 3DS ones (except without using SKY, but it's another story))

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would stop them if the OS requires a encrypted key to be present in order to launch the game, which can only be obtained by registering the game online.

If Nintendo really wanted to, they could stop pirates for good, but it's not worth doing at the moment. They'll wait until they're creating a whole new system, then they're already in the development process and can just implement these things along the way.
that wont ever work.

what happens when that 10 year old kid buys a new pokemon game and gets on a road trip.Only to find out he needs to go online to active it.

That would put Nintendo out of business very fast.

All i can see them doing is changing there keys and putting it in a new OS update to check for this.

motezazer

Trophies
XP
Country
France
that wont ever work.

what happens when that 10 year old kid buys a new pokemon game and gets on a road trip.Only to find out he needs to go online to active it.

All i can see them doing is changing there keys and putting it in a new OS update to check for this.

But they will use speed checks...

i dont think nintendo is smart enough to do it :lol:
its just update, we can play without it, i think its patch like all ps4/xbox one new games, they always get patches on premiere

NEVER underestimate Nintendo.

upfromtheskies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that wont ever work.

They would need to stop in an area with wifi, like a restaurant or library, and register. It wouldn't be unusual, pretty much all PC software works that way.

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They would need to stop in an area with wifi, like a restaurant or library, and register. It wouldn't be unusual, pretty much all PC software works that way.
but thats pc software. 99% of the time if your at a pc your online.

The ps4 and xbox 1 were suppose to work this way but sony and MS knew they would lose out on it.
Nothing sucks more then buying a new game and not being able to play it because of something stupid like that.
And i can see a ton of people retuning video games because they wont, because they dont have internet.

A while back a few people brought a ps vita game that was bug and needed a day one update. The problem was some people didnt have internet and you couldnt download the update off system. So a ton of people got mad and fussed and i think sony ended up giving them some money back or something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Going to smoke a bowl, eat pizza, drink a beer, and watch I Saw the TV Glow.