Hardware Official Nintendo Switch Technical Specifications Have Been Shared!

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any minute now...

Changed my last post BTW, because I failed to notice there was no CPU or GPU specs, as such I was getting my hopes up for them to show up XD

Let us know when the REAL specs have been revealed. The specs here have been known since fox comm leaked them in December. Thought this thread was going to be about the cpu, gpu and ram. I am disappointed, thanks to the crappy topic title.

It's just as well, people would have a heyday with those and bash it ad nauseum.

Reactions: ItsKipz

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Xbox One controllers moved to Bluetooth in addition to the ~2.4GHz proprietary signal they use for the console. Not that I mind, the Xbox controllers are gold if you just find a receiver from somewhere (PC + Steam Link work nicely on third party adapters too) :)
Bluetooth was only added to the newer Xbone controllers to allow for better PC support without a proprietary adapter. The console itself still uses the proprietary wireless tech :wink:

Reactions: yuyuyup

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xbox One controllers moved to Bluetooth in addition to the ~2.4GHz proprietary signal they use for the console. Not that I mind, the Xbox controllers are gold if you just find a receiver from somewhere (PC + Steam Link work nicely on third party adapters too) :)

Sadly the Bluetooth chip was never turned on in the original xbox one model. It only comes activated in the S model.

Not saying you are wrong. Just adding a little more information

bluetooth was only added to the newer Xbone controllers to allow for better PC support without a proprietary adapter. The console itself still uses the proprietary wireless tech

The S model has the bluetooth activated for the system to make use of the controllers. It is one of the selling points marked on the box.

It's just as well, people would have a heyday with those and bash it ad nauseum

I guess you are right. No matter what the specs are, people will over react in either direction to the appoint of annoyance

Last edited by chartube12,
Reactions: Qtis

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this a joke thread?

I was hoping for more detailed info like the CPU speed, the cores, or the memory of the GPU. RAM too.

This is nothing we haven't known already.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac compliant) / Bluetooth 4.1 (TV mode only. A wired LAN connection is possible through the use of a commercially available wired LAN adapter.)
Why is nintendo so cheap to just include a LAN PORT IN THE SYSTEM? Both wii and wii u require some external ADAPTOR, instead of just having a LAN port already. :glare:

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"NVIDIA customised Tegra processor"

I was hoping for a little more detail than that.
Maybe is some better advance one than Tegra X1 :P
Lithium ion battery / battery capacity 4310mAh
Please note: the internal battery cannot be removed. If the battery needs to be replaced, we plan to offer paid replacement via Nintendo Customer Support.
This already sucks. I bet is a attempt to cut down on console hacking. Now if you have any hacks on console and need to replace battery, they will not service you if they find any hacks or mods on it... probably. So yeah, nice job on that decision to get more hate from people. Not unless you can find someone to do the replacing without nintendo. :ninja:

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's just as well, people would be bitching and moaning about the clock speeds not being up to their standards.
no im not moaning or bitching, ill buy the switch whatever the specs are, im a nintendo fanboy,
its just a matter of curiosity^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?