Hardware Official Nintendo Switch Technical Specifications Have Been Shared!

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if you can have one account between 2 consoles like you can PS4? I know you can have 8 accounts between one console or am I going to have to buy a digital copy of the game twice one for each console?
Thats a good question.

I like the wii u because i could have different accouts and most games use this and i didnt have to worry about my saves getting deleted when someone else play.
Dislike this about the 3ds because saves where on the carts.

Now nintendo has said that you can have multi accounts and you can access other regions.
But they never said if its all tired into one system or not.
I would hope each account has its own save data but the games themself be accessible from all the account on the system.

Then again nintnedo might say no because you could get another switch and simply share games between system by logging into both and redownloading the game. So idk i guess we will just have to wait and see...

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea i think no headphone jack would be the lest of the issue if the online doesnt support chat via the switch.

SquidgyBean

Trophies
XP
Country
Thats a good question.

I like the wii u because i could have different accouts and most games use this and i didnt have to worry about my saves getting deleted when someone else play.
Dislike this about the 3ds because saves where on the carts.

Now nintendo has said that you can have multi accounts and you can access other regions.
I would hope each account has its own save data but the games themself be accessible from all the account on the system.

Then again nintnedo might say no because you could get another switch and simply share games between system by logging into both and redownloading the game. So idk i guess we will just have to wait and see...

What's a pain is I'm getting 3 switches, getting games are gonna be a nightmare. At least with Sony we got 3 consoles and at least one of us gets to share the games bought. So we only have to buy two. I really hope Nintendo make it so you can share an account with at least one other person

S

Saiyan Lusitano

From the point of a non-techy user, when I played the Switch it just seemed like an improved WiiU without a huge difference per say. Still, Zelda:BotW on the WiiU and Switch will for sure show how different the two systems are running it. One's disc and one's on a game card so the loading times are obviously better on the Switch for starters. Graphics are also better on the Switch but how much better? Probably not that big of a difference.

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's a pain is I'm getting 3 switches, getting games are gonna be a nightmare. At least with Sony we got 3 consoles and at least one of us gets to share the games bought. So we only have to buy two. I really hope Nintendo make it so you can share an account with at least one other person

Yea for me its not such a big deal since ill only have 1 system as i will mainly play it.
And i always buy hard copies if i can to not have to deal with that problem.
But i understand where your coming from.
I really wish nintendo would release more information.
But it simply seems like they dont know how to do stuff. They should hire me :D
Then the system would truly be something.

I guess nintendo is just going to wait for the system to launch and have website updates to tell people how to use it.

But we will see what happens.

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No headphone jack.
there are photos and video that walk around the controller and there is only one port which is usb-c
160427_News_USBC_Photo_Main.jpg

specht

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Yeah it's hard to say with what's available right now. I think you can login to another Nintendo Account on multiple mobile devices with Mario Run and it'll still apply coins to your account. But whether games bought using the account can be easily transferred to another system is another scenario.

That's probably the biggest problem with Switch marketing right now. We have just enough info to tell they're going in the right direction, but there's still a lot of questions to answer that could turn them around.

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And where am i talking shit now in this particular comment ? I'm just stating the Obvious to you wich you failed to understand.
I'll say it again :
If a game runs natively in 720p then connecting it through HDMI to a tv that supports 1080p and the console itself does 2 isn't gonna make it run through the use of magic in 1080p. It will still run natively in 720p since you said in you're comment that the switch games run in 1080p wich is nonsense. The switch OS runs in 1080p but games run in the resolution wich they're natively set to run in !!! So stop saying games are running in 1080p if you don't even know if games are gonna run natively in 1080p. Remember those words " Native resolution"
The thing is games can change the native resolution depending if it's OTW or not, the same way you can change it in PC or PC4 Pro. We still don't know how the system and the games will handle this, but the thing it's possible. I perfectly understand your coment, but you still don't take your head out of your ass.
In other words: You may be right, but at the same way you may not. So pretty please, just wait and see what happends. Your post is no sense right now.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The thing is games can change the native resolution depending if it's OTW or not, the same way you can change it in PC or PC4 Pro. We still don't know how the system and the games will handle this, but the thing it's possible. I perfectly understand your coment, but you still don't take your head out of your ass.
In other words: You may be right, but at the same way you may not. So pretty please, just wait and see what happends. Your post is no sense right now.
Native resolution doesn't change when it's set to run at a native resolution hence why it's called native resolution. My post makes a lot of sense

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Native resolution doesn't change when it's set to run at a native resolution hence why it's called native resolution. My post makes a lot of sense
2x
Native resolution doesnt change.
It is the resolution the game was made for.
I.e. 1080p.
So if you hook it up to a 1080p tv it will run 1080.
720 tv it will output 720
4k tv it will output 1080.

Now if the game was made in 900p it will be auto scaled to 1080 since there is no setting for 900p on most tvs.

Alot of tvs will upscale to there highest output. That doesnt mean the game is in 1080.

I remember battlefield 3 or 4 did this.
The menus where 1080 but the game itself ran at 720 on the ps3

Reactions: VMM

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
2x
Native resolution doesnt change.
It is the resolution the game was made for.
I.e. 1080p.
So if you hook it up to a 1080p tv it will run 1080.
720 tv it will output 720
4k tv it will output 1080.

Now if the game was made in 900p it will be auto scaled to 1080 since there is no setting for 900p on most tvs.

Alot of tvs will upscale to there highest output. That doesnt mean the game is in 1080.

I remember battlefield 3 or 4 did this.
The menus where 1080 but the game itself ran at 720 on the ps3
And hence the name native resolution

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Who cares if its 720p or 1080p? It's small screen anyway. You won't notice any difference. The real issue is the lack of games. No major new 3d party game was announced for the switch. In the trailer the only game that i liked was mario\gta. Zelda was also nice but I'm getting it anyway for the wii u. Also the asking price is too much. It cost the same as ps4 but with much lower specs. I don't want that it will happen. But i think in couple years from now we will see nintendo games on steam and ps4.
but it's not even 3d. 720p to me is very discouraging

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
From the point of a non-techy user, when I played the Switch it just seemed like an improved WiiU without a huge difference per say. Still, Zelda:BotW on the WiiU and Switch will for sure show how different the two systems are running it. One's disc and one's on a game card so the loading times are obviously better on the Switch for starters. Graphics are also better on the Switch but how much better? Probably not that big of a difference.
I've posted this elsewhere on this forum, but: http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/01...ld-switch-looks-compared-to-the-wii-u-verison

I know, IGN article. I didn't bother reading any of it, but it has a neat slider across four different screenshots, so you can see half-and-half Wii U/Switch, all of one, or all of the other. The difference is considerable. View distance and detail fill distance are greater on Switch, as well as obviously having more screen space, 900p vs 720p. Wii U looks a bit more hazy/pixelated.

but it's not even 3d. 720p to me is very discouraging
Thank god it doesn't have that janky side-of-slot-machine 3D. I never used it anyway, it gave me PTSD flashbacks of Virtual Boy. Was even worse attempting that gimmick at 240p.

Last edited by Xzi,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: