Official "Missing features" thread: we'll bring them back for you!

Izham

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
The only thing I've noticed as of right now is the rom release widget that used to be at the bottom of the page.

EDIT: Whoops, sorry, didn't notice the other topic you posted. I shall scavenge to find whatever else is missing then for now

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
I love the new site, a few things I'd like back though:

1. A more 'compact' 'What's New' page - I use this all the time and how it is at the moment you can't quickly scan the threads.

2. The previous portal design where you clicked the news item to expand it - I loved this feature on the previous site.

3. An alternating white/grey background on the posts, this was a great way to make threads easier to read.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
The number of profile views you have is missing, correct me if I'm wrong.
You can't see who's viewing the thread anymore.
Missing the subforum icons in the recent posts section on the main page.
Yeah, the old rectangular avatars looked batter (I can't make my avatar look normal dammit, it's blurred out no matter what resolution upload it in) 96x96 is the new res.

A big thank you for all your effort, it's great to be back!

Reactions: Densetsu

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, also some way of knowing if the thread contains unread messages or not. Similar to the opened envelope (with a black dot if you've posted) on the previous site.

Reactions: Densetsu

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really a bug or missing feature, but i notice that the tab icon is still the V2 Tempy icon. Is there any plan to update him to the new sleek Tempy?

Not really important either haha

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Having all home page posts collapsed by default would make the page more useful for me. I don't need to know everything about the latest homebrew for X system while I might be interested in some news directly below it.
Edit: Oh and having an EOF, Blogs and USN section in the Latest topics sidebar would be nice too.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Just the compact "whats new" area, with expandable news items. I notice you can click the link at the top of the start page to get the new stuff though.
Also, the USN/recent posts/blog/EOF thingymajing on the right is wanted (by me atleast)

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Not a missing feature, but on google chrome, the right hand search bar at the top floats above the notification and conversations(?) buttons...

Reactions: Wizerzak

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I find general browsing in the forums, especially in topics with multiple posts, is a lot harder. It's harder to distinguish posts because they are all white it seems.
Also, the very thin line between the content of the post, and the signiature from the poster, isn't helping either. So like Wizerzak said, maybe an alternating white and black background for the posts? And the difference between a person's sig and his post should be more obvious.

Or just like the old GBAtemp had, I don't know but I never had these kind of problems there.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
Another thing I noticed is that if you read a thread then go back to 'what's new' it won't show up, seems 'what's new' is only showing unread threads, rather than a list of most recent posts like the previous 'View new content' page.

Also, thanks a lot for the grey/white distinction it's a lot easier. I found a picture of the old layout and realised that there was no alternating colours but instead a nice thick border. This would be great but not sure if it's possible / whether it'd fit in with the theme.
LaWgr.png
The white/grey alternation would also be useful of the 'What's New' page, iirc that's what the old temp had?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1