Official "Missing features" thread: we'll bring them back for you!

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
This is the main feature i'd love to get back also.
The dark theme was hardly a main feature.
To be honest I'm surprised it was so popular.
Also subtitles. It's really bothering me in posting threads.
Topic descriptions might be added back if they're needed.
Wiki links are broken; I don't know if the content is gone or if it has just changed.
The Wiki still needs to be restored.

Reactions: signz

The Minecrafter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few things:
For the "Recent Threads" on the sidebar, I kind of like the icons indicating what type of board it was in, whether it was in General Discussion, NDS, Wii,Ofon the main pagef Topic,...
I found that nice, so I could see what type of thread it was at a glance.

Second, I do kind of miss the medals. Not a big deal, but I do kind of miss them.

Third, the color changes. It does not bother me that much, but I was used to and liked the old color scheme.
Suggestion for the color scheme, as I know that the site just cam back up and you are working out the bugs. Maybe add an option to the "customize page" option where we can use custom CSS to customize the front page how we like it, so that it is easy to use for each person. If you did enable custom CSS, perhaps have a few different "Styles" for people to choose from, or use/make their own.

In terms of the customize page, it would be nice if there could be a "Preview" button, to see what it is like before you save it.

The new style of everything is different and a lot slimmer. It seems that a little hard now, as I am discovering the features of the board again, but I will grow to like it.

I do like that the search does not give an error anymore when searching for a game with a number in it, such as Black and White 2. That had annoyed me with the old board system, where it wouldn't accept it because the "word" was less than three characters. I enjoy the new board, and I am glad that GBATemp is back.

Reactions: Wizerzak

Mars_x

♥♪!?
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The dark theme was hardly a main feature.
To be honest I'm surprised it was so popular.

Im guessing it was popular with users having dark environments, I can understand why
it could upset/hurt some users, specially when visiting GBATemp at night.

I know it has been said already, but seeing who is viewing a thread was actually pretty
helpful (to my surprise), I hope it moves a bit up in the priorities list, if not Im a patient guy.

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the only thing that i would like back is an "what's new" or "recent posts" button always available. it is pretty much the only navigation button i use as i'm only interested in what's active.

Reactions: Wizerzak

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
GIFs work. Just try re-adding your avatar.

tumblr_luwjw5LB0m1r2rjn5o1_400.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: